BigTimeFan

Oklahoma State VS Iowa thread

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I thought WIttlake did JUST enough to avoid it with those anklepick attempts.  With Marinelli never really getting in deep until the third, I think it was fair not to call him.  It was close, though.

I agree, just enough action from both guys. 

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I thought WIttlake did JUST enough to avoid it with those anklepick attempts.  With Marinelli never really getting in deep until the third, I think it was fair not to call him.  It was close, though.

most "fans" have no clue what stalling is... at no point in that match did i think a stalling was needed...

Just now, LJB said:

most "fans" have no clue what stalling is... at no point in that match did i think a stalling was needed...

I agree in general, but under Folkstyle definitions of stalling, they could have hit Wittlake based off Marinelli's volume.  But I think it was right not to make the call.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

I agree in general, but under Folkstyle definitions of stalling, they could have hit Wittlake based off Marinelli's volume.  But I think it was right not to make the call.

he wasn't doing much, but, he wasn't evading wrestling...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

he wasn't doing much, but, he wasn't evading wrestling...

I agree, but the way refs tend to interpret "evading" in folkstyle is not shooting.  Wittlake would go for one shot vs. like 7 for Marinelli.  I agree that, in my mind, Wittlake wasn't evading, he was just being defensive and looking to counter, which is a valid style.

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I agree, but the way refs tend to interpret "evading" in folkstyle is not shooting.  Wittlake would go for one shot vs. like 7 for Marinelli.  I agree that, in my mind, Wittlake wasn't evading, he was just being defensive and looking to counter, which is a valid style.

how the refs "interpret" and definitely how the "fans" interpret stalling doesn't make it stalling... 

if that is gonna stalling then seth gross/mark hall should both be DQed in every match they wrestle...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

how the refs "interpret" and definitely how the "fans" interpret stalling doesn't make it stalling... 

if that is gonna stalling then seth gross/mark hall should both be DQed in every match they wrestle...

I thought you can't get dq'd for stalling anymore, you just keep racking points?

1 minute ago, jchapman said:

I thought you can't get dq'd for stalling anymore, you just keep racking points?

no clue... if that is indeed the rule it is new from last season...

if it is in fact a new rule it is fukn horrible... if you get hit with 5 stall calls you dont want to wrestle anyway...