BigTimeFan

Oklahoma State VS Iowa thread

12 minutes ago, LJB said:

how the refs "interpret" and definitely how the "fans" interpret stalling doesn't make it stalling... 

if that is gonna stalling then seth gross/mark hall should both be DQed in every match they wrestle...

If you want to know what Stalling is - put Dan Gable matside and let him call it. Especially against Iowa guys. He is not afraid to do it - we know from experience.

Just now, russelscout said:

Warner hates bonus.

Not really fair. He simply isn’t a high volume offensive wrestler. His best offense has really been counters going back to High School and Internationally.  As such, his style isn’t really designed to pour it on late and get bonus points. He is more likely to get scored on that way. 

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

Not really fair. He simply isn’t a high volume offensive wrestler. His best offense has really been counters going back to High School and Internationally.  As such, his style isn’t really designed to pour it on late and get bonus points. He is more likely to get scored on that way. 

Nothing to lose when you are up by 5 in the 3rd.

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Maybe.  But WIlcke hasn't exactly showered himself in glory in the other matches he's gotten since Assad went out.

I was surprised to see Wilcke not get the nod if it wasn’t Assad but Wilcke has been dealing with injury this year so depending on how practice and health has been this week I can make the pieces  fit. I could also be 100% wrong and it is nepotism.

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Nothing to lose when you are up by 5 in the 3rd.

a really good friend's son was wrestling in the state finals last night... his senior year... up 9-3 with 15 seconds left... working for the major to put his team in the lead for the team race... got reversed and stuck at 6:00...

just one of many examples...

Just now, LJB said:

a really good friend's son was wrestling in the state finals last night... his senior year... up 9-3 with 15 seconds left... working for the major to put his team in the lead for the team race... got reversed and stuck at 6:00...

just one of many examples...

This isnt a finals match.

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

Not for Warner in this match then.

he could have lost as per the example... that is something to lose...

and i am no fan of shutting down and coasting to a win, but, warner doesnt do much even on his best day... to expect much more than what he did tonight is just looking to poke some bear somehwere...

10 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Questioning John Smith sporting gold pants tonight.

These coaches need some fashion advise badly.  The Brands' shoes, Smith's pants, those sleeveless sweaters Manning always wears, etc.  No wonder we can't attract more casual fans.

13 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Well, if he gets reversed and gives up backs, his seeding can take a hit.  With the dual not in question, I think going for the major was not necessary.

He didnt do anything for the last minute of the match. This is the time of yearr you want to see your guys finish strong I would think. Yeah its the safe to coast. Rather see him finish the match on top at the very least.

Edited by russelscout

13 minutes ago, LJB said:

he could have lost as per the example... that is something to lose...

and i am no fan of shutting down and coasting to a win, but, warner doesnt do much even on his best day... to expect much more than what he did tonight is just looking to poke some bear somehwere...

Thats exactly what he did though and he has left a lot of points on the mat this year. This isnt the first.

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Thats exactly what he did though and he has left a lot of points on the mat this year. This isnt the first.

right... he is dull and boring... his style is perfect for folk and could very easily result in a national title... 

i guess i don't understand the problem...