BigTimeFan

Oklahoma State VS Iowa thread

Did anyone else see a few of the OSU guys wearing headbands in support of Sorenson during the intros? I felt that was one of the nicest things for an opposing team to do, then again I'm not surprised because John Smith has always been a class act.

In contrast, we have die-hard Iowa fans here who chose to ignore the thread posted for Brandon Sorenson the other day. His girlfriend and family said he frequents these forums because there's not much else to do while battling cancer. It sure would be nice to do what a few NON Iowa fans did in that thread which was to express a few kind words of support for this kid. I'm sure he would appreciate it. 

52 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Did anyone else see a few of the OSU guys wearing headbands in support of Sorenson during the intros? I felt that was one of the nicest things for an opposing team to do, then again I'm not surprised because John Smith has always been a class act.

In contrast, we have die-hard Iowa fans here who chose to ignore the thread posted for Brandon Sorenson the other day. His girlfriend and family said he frequents these forums because there's not much else to do while battling cancer. It sure would be nice to do what a few NON Iowa fans did in that thread which was to express a few kind words of support for this kid. I'm sure he would appreciate it. 

Yes - it was a nice touch by Smith and company.

No need to call out Hawkeye fans. I’m positive Sorensen knows we’re in his corner. 

10 hours ago, LJB said:

right... he is dull and boring... his style is perfect for folk and could very easily result in a national title... 

i guess i don't understand the problem...

He is also a blue chip recruit. He has shown the ability to get to the legs and finish but we dont see it too much. I really do believe he will have a breakout season and win it before he graduates, but for that to happen he needs to stop leaving points on the mat.

Sort of like with Ramos. He went from winning close matches his sophomore year to destroying everyone not named Stieber his junior year.

My criticism of Warner is not because I dont like the kid, but because I firmly believe he is capable of being a champ. A champ gets the major there. 

I cant be the only one who sees Warner's lack of confidence in his own attacks. The only way to over come that is to attack IMO. No better time than up by 5 in the 3rd where your team has already won the dual. 

1 hour ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Again. A victim because of the evil hawkeye fans. I dont know why you need approval from us but I can tell you really crave it. I already saw the video. I didnt need to comment on it to support Sorenson.

What a gross sentiment. As if people need to comment on YOUR thread. Self-aggrandizement much? You using Sorensen's illness to continue your crusade against Iowa fans is truly despicable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Again. A victim because of the evil hawkeye fans. I dont know why you need approval from us but I can tell you really crave it. I already saw the video. I didnt need to comment on it to support Sorenson.

Approval? Who the heck is asking for approval? What I’m suggesting has zero to do with me and everything to do with showing support for a guy who will appreciate it. According to the video the kid reads these forums and I thought it would be nice to nudge some of you to reconsider letting him know your prayers and thoughts are with him. Nothing else but a few kind words of support. I know that’s difficult for a miserable little man like you and I never expected to see you in that thread. You seem to thrive on only the bad. You were blatantly gleeful over the downfall of one of our key wrestlers recently – eagerly providing details which were closing threads left and right here. Who does that? What’s inside of someone that motivates them to always be so negative? What about their own life causes them to be this way? Look how you continue to come after me. I do not know you from Adam.  You seem emboldened to say things you would never say to my face – keyboard warrior. I’ve asked you nicely not to engage me yet you continue to do so. So what is it? Why the hostility? Why the unhappiness? I’ve read people this nasty are deep down inside unhappy with themselves.  I’ve read people like this love to try and bring others down they feel are more successful.  These are individuals who take up a sport and fail miserably. These are people who failed as a spouse, failed as a father, failed as a good neighbor – failed in general at this game called life. If the shoe fits, wear it and I bet it fits you to a tee.

12 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

Red Breast 12 Year is amazing in my opinion. I just can’t bring myself to spend more on a bottle of liquor than that. Start out with one or two of those, then once the taste buds have been desensitized switch to Jameson.

Try the Midleton Very Rare and Barry Crockett.  Fantastic stuff.  The Yellow, Red, and Green Spot is also good.  Teeling as well.

Tyrconnell in Madeira casks is excellent.  Well worth it to start a festive evening.   

Slainte. 

24 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

What a gross sentiment. As if people need to comment on YOUR thread. Self-aggrandizement much? You using Sorensen's illness to continue your crusade against Iowa fans is truly despicable.

Coming from a guy who takes it all in but never gives back. I see everyone showering you with acknowledgement via "likes" and such but very rarely takes the time to respond in kind.  I know a lot of "me / myself / and I" people like you - the world revolves around guys like you and you're a dime a dozen.

As far as "crusading against Iowa" as you claim. I assure you you're way off. I'm a wrestling fan but more of an objective one.  I love Iowa - always did. I especially like them because of of all the guys on their team I watched succeed here in PA.

Self-aggrandizement? You're way off there too sir. I understand the benefit of acknowledging others over myself and its produced positive results for me in my career and in virtually all aspects of life.

"Using Sorensen's illness to continue your crusade against Iowa fans is truly despicable." That comment is TRULY despicable and its not worthy of a response.

VakAttack  - I know you're a king here but to me you no different than anyone else.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

Lee majors a guy who has a legit shot to make the Finals and outscores him in the THIRD period and people still think he has conditioning issues?

Here's some insight on wrestling....when you wrestle the style Lee does you will score less in the 3rd than you do in the 1st....that's what happens when you take a guy down in 30 seconds and not only ride him (like most folkstylers do) but TURN him. It takes a massive amount of energy to turn a guy for 2+ minutes while he lays like a dead fish on the mat. 

Also - What is the determining factor on if someone has a conditioning issue? They score less points in the 3rd then they do in the 1st? Or a subjective thought process that the athlete looks "slower" in the 3rd than they do the 1st?

LSU scored 11.6 points per 1st quarter, they conversely scored 8 points per 4th quarter.....Looks like Oregeron will have to take an in depth look at his teams conditioning issues. 

I honestly didn't think people on this board were this idiotic.......

Edited by MrDream
Error

3 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Approval? Who the heck is asking for approval? What I’m suggesting has zero to do with me and everything to do with showing support for a guy who will appreciate it. According to the video the kid reads these forums and I thought it would be nice to nudge some of you to reconsider letting him know your prayers and thoughts are with him. Nothing else but a few kind words of support.

Yeah, I bet he would be real upset that you were unable to leverage his cancer for more likes from Iowa fans. 

4 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

You were blatantly gleeful over the downfall of one of our key wrestlers recently – eagerly providing details which were closing threads left and right here. Who does that?

I'm a big Zahid fan actually. I see no problem in sharing what is being reported. This is just a weak attempt by you to try to paint me as a bad guy which you so desperately want and need. Funny, no one else thought I was out of line sharing a tweet, but you are just outraged..... yet you still think it's totally cool to call female wrestlers men. Thats not out of line to you. You won't even retract your statements. Who does that?

8 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

You seem emboldened to say things you would never say to my face

No, I would definitely say it to your face. I am not afraid of a misogynist who starts crying the moment someone disagrees with him. 

9 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

I’ve asked you nicely not to engage me yet you continue to do so.

I am responding to a post where called Iowa fans insensitive to Brandon Sorenson because they didn't like your post. Did you forget that already? I am a die hard Hawkeye fan. Everyone on this forum knows that. You call out Iowa fans and you are likely to get a response from me. How could you not realize that by now?

15 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

So what is it? Why the hostility? Why the unhappiness? I’ve read people this nasty are deep down inside unhappy with themselves.  I’ve read people like this love to try and bring others down they feel are more successful.  These are individuals who take up a sport and fail miserably. These are people who failed as a spouse, failed as a father, failed as a good neighbor – failed in general at this game called life. If the shoe fits, wear it and I bet it fits you to a tee.

Just another desperate attempt to paint me as a loser because you don't like my opinion. Its amazing you would say this in the same post where you say:

16 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

I do not know you from Adam.

Yet its totally cool for you to rip on, not my opinion, but who I am as a person, and then you cry and cry when someone not only returns the favor, but even disagrees with you. 

You're just kind of soft Marcus.

Coming from a guy who takes it all in but never gives back. I see everyone showering you with acknowledgement via "likes" and such but very rarely takes the time to respond in kind.  I know a lot of "me / myself / and I" people like you - the world revolves around guys like you and you're a dime a dozen.
As far as "crusading against Iowa" as you claim. I assure you you're way off. I'm a wrestling fan but more of an objective one.  I love Iowa - always did. I especially like them because of of all the guys on their team I watched succeed here in PA.
Self-aggrandizement? You're way off there too sir. I understand the benefit of acknowledging others over myself and its produced positive results for me in my career and in virtually all aspects of life.
"Using Sorensen's illness to continue your crusade against Iowa fans is truly despicable." That comment is TRULY despicable and its not worthy of a response.
VakAttack  - I know you're a king here but to me you no different than anyone else.

And now you've exposed yourself.

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

And now you've exposed yourself.

Jealousy... on a forum.... over who gets the most reactions. This guy truly believes he is the greatest thing that has happened to this forum and views his threads as the epitome of great wrestling content. 

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Jealousy... on a forum.... over who gets the most reactions. This guy truly believes he is the greatest thing that has happened to this forum and views his threads as the epitome of great wrestling content. 

Honestly tough guy, I'm no one special. I am no where  near the level of wrestling knowledge some of you possess - even you when you're not being such as a**hole. Just a relatively new member trying to contribute in my own way. I understand it rubs some the wrong way and its not my intention to do so. But a guy like you who has said the things you've been saying to me since last year will not go unchallenged. 

40 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Vak is just another poster.  Some good some bad like everyone else, but I can assure you he is in no way , "a king here." 

Edited by Mphillips

Honestly tough guy, I'm no one special.

See, why do you even need to do this? Im tough guy, cinderella, loser, all of these things. Are you really surprised that we don't get along when you can't stop the incessant name calling?

I am no where  near the level of wrestling knowledge some of you possess - even you when you're not being such as a**hole.

I don't hold it against anyone for not being as knowledgable. I think that is silly. Your problem is that you can't talk about anything without getting extremely upset when someone disagrees with you.

People disagree with me all the time. You know what I don't do? Take it personal. 

Just a relatively new member trying to contribute in my own way. I understand it rubs some the wrong way and its not my intention to do so.

I don't have a problem with new members. The only person that is making it an issue is you with your constant calling out of long term posters and taking a position that you are getting picked on. 

But a guy like you who has said the things you've been saying to me since last year will not go unchallenged. 

What is it that I have said? I call you out for the things that you ACTUALLY DID SAY about women in our sport, but other than that what have I said? I don't name call. I don't try to paint you as a loser. I don't go on rants about how unsuccessful you must be or how I know people like you and there is no reason for people like you on this earth. That is what you do. You go that direction any time someone disagrees with you. I don't understand how you can try to demand so much respect when you give out so little. 

There are so many people on here that I disagree with Marcus, but at the end of the day I know I can still talk to @TBar1977@BigTenFanboy, and @Lurker without them making it personal despite the fact that we argue constantly. 

Edited by russelscout