Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Panther78

Why?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, LJB said:

kids are going to use no matter what... always have... always will...

if you can compete and use at the same time and you are happy with your results, then so be it...

if you are not happy then change something...

Eventually though down the road it will catch up.....because we are resilient in our youth but not so much later on.......always has.....always will.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, russelscout said:

I had a guy tell me that in the last couple years he has finally been able to get a good nights sleep. His kids had just went to college. hahah

I have thoroughly enjoyed empty nest but when your kid is headed back to school after Christmas break, 8 hour drive 4 of those snowpack........it can cause ulcers and sleepless nights! Can you imagine what it was like before cell phones........ covered wagons.....omg......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Panther78 said:

Eventually though down the road it will catch up.....because we are resilient in our youth but not so much later on.......always has.....always will.........

maybe... maybe not...

you have to define "catching up"

you can find as many examples to support or not if you want...

the one thing that should not be debatable is that we have been fed lies and disinformation about whatever substance  the wealthy could not profit from at the time and that has set policy throughout the years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

I'm not sure what your point is?  Are you looking to educate folks?  Are you looking for agreement? Discussion? Commonality?  Support?

Not being snarky.

We could also post the mortality rate from 1900- present and it wouldn’t support his argument, even though I’m not sure what his argument is. In 1900 1 in 40 Americans died annually. Now the rate is 1 in 140 annually. Life expectancy has also increased by roughly 30 years.... 

Edited by goheels1812

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

We could also post the mortality rate from 1900- present and it wouldn’t support his argument, even though I’m not sure what it is. In 1900 1 in 40 Americans died annually. Now the rate is 1 in 140 annually. Life expectancy has also increased by roughly 30 years.... 

I'm honestly curious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mphillips said:

I'm not sure what your point is?  Are you looking to educate folks?  Are you looking for agreement? Discussion? Commonality?  Support?

Not being snarky.

My original question was why and you responded by the idea that we have survived all of life turmoils. Obviously we have not all survived!

I would never come on here planning to educate anybody that is willing to submit that using drugs of recreational or not is a healthy practice.

Nobody on here agrees on much of anything so that is a no brainer.

It has been interesting though to see the support drug use has gotten on a site that is worried about rules, stalling, temper tantrums and cinabons and all other sorts of wrestling debacles!

I would like to see our kids get support from the adults that getting hammered over the weekend and then expecting to be able to perform at a peak level just doesn't make sense!

Not snarky here either, I have enjoyed the discussion and learned from it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Panther78 said:

My original question was why and you responded by the idea that we have survived all of life turmoils. Obviously we have not all survived!

I would never come on here planning to educate anybody that is willing to submit that using drugs of recreational or not is a healthy practice.

Nobody on here agrees on much of anything so that is a no brainer.

It has been interesting though to see the support drug use has gotten on a site that is worried about rules, stalling, temper tantrums and cinabons and all other sorts of wrestling debacles!

I would like to see our kids get support from the adults that getting hammered over the weekend and then expecting to be able to perform at a peak level just doesn't make sense!

Not snarky here either, I have enjoyed the discussion and learned from it!

I would surmise that more have survived than did not?

I believe that point is a no-brainer and I believe everyone here would agree?

Edited by Mphillips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Panther78 said:

My original question was why and you responded by the idea that we have survived all of life turmoils. Obviously we have not all survived!

I would never come on here planning to educate anybody that is willing to submit that using drugs of recreational or not is a healthy practice.

Nobody on here agrees on much of anything so that is a no brainer.

It has been interesting though to see the support drug use has gotten on a site that is worried about rules, stalling, temper tantrums and cinabons and all other sorts of wrestling debacles!

I would like to see our kids get support from the adults that getting hammered over the weekend and then expecting to be able to perform at a peak level just doesn't make sense!

Not snarky here either, I have enjoyed the discussion and learned from it!

just because someone does not across the board demonize the use of a substance does not equate support... that is a ridiculous thing to say...

and as far as your little chart, let's these that same chart broken down by the actual drug overdosed on... my strong suspicion is the vast majority of ODs are from legally prescribed drugs... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Panther78 said:

It has been interesting though to see the support drug use has gotten on a site that is worried about rules, stalling, temper tantrums and cinabons and all other sorts of wrestling debacles!

I would like to see our kids get support from the adults that getting hammered over the weekend and then expecting to be able to perform at a peak level just doesn't make sense!

I think you are generalizing support for drugs. 59% of the country supports legalization of Marijuana in the USA. 16% support the legalization of Cocaine. Keep in mind those that support legalization across the board are ussually in support of the Portugal model. They decriminalized all drugs and began to use money to treat addiction as opposed to cracking down its use and it has worked. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LJB said:

just because someone does not across the board demonize the use of a substance does not equate support... that is a ridiculous thing to say...

and as far as your little chart, let's these that same chart broken down by the actual drug overdosed on... my strong suspicion is the vast majority of ODs are from legally prescribed drugs... 

Agreed on both accounts.........and it is only a little chart if one of those 70,237 doesn't belong to you.........

 

My WHY question was honestly just curious if it was common practice, my simple answer to myself would have been duhhhhhhh because it is fun, but what fun would that have been?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Panther78 said:

Agreed on both accounts.........and it is only a little chart if one of those 70,237 doesn't belong to you.........

 

My WHY question was honestly just curious if it was common practice, my simple answer to myself would have been duhhhhhhh because it is fun, but what fun would that have been?

 

nearly 1.25 million die in car related crashes per year... makes your paltry 70K seem pretty insignificant no matter who they belong to, huh?

yet, we still allow student athletes, parents, the chess club, grandmas, thugs kids, politicians, infants, and everybody else to get into a car...

point being, grandstand with your little charts or whatever you want... but don't think it brings any real value to the discussion...

 

as to the why?

because it is what we as a species have been doing for literally hundreds of thousands of years...

and we are not the only species who alter are reality purposely...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LJB said:

nearly 1.25 million die in car related crashes per year... makes your paltry 70K seem pretty insignificant no matter who they belong to, huh?

yet, we still allow student athletes, parents, the chess club, grandmas, thugs kids, politicians, infants, and everybody else to get into a car...

point being, grandstand with your little charts or whatever you want... but don't think it brings any real value to the discussion...

 

as to the why?

because it is what we as a species have been doing for literally hundreds of thousands of years...

and we are not the only species who alter are reality purposely...

And how many of those 1.25 million were drug related? I'm not disagreeing with you on the statistic just saying.......I'm not grandstanding anything......and if the value of one life to you is not important.....or maybe the idea that one life was saved then...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Panther78 said:

And how many of those 1.25 million were drug related? I'm not disagreeing with you on the statistic just saying.......I'm not grandstanding anything......and if the value of one life to you is not important.....or maybe the idea that one life was saved then...............

we live in inarguably the safest time in the history of our species... right now...

but, you know what?

100% without a doubt totally undeniable don't even try to question... not one person will have or will ever get out alive... stretched out long enough the mortality rate is 100%...

some of us accept that and others try to legislate their agenda on others...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LJB said:

we live in inarguably the safest time in the history of our species... right now...

but, you know what?

100% without a doubt totally undeniable don't even try to question... not one person will have or will ever get out alive... stretched out long enough the mortality rate is 100%...

some of us accept that and others try to legislate their agenda on others...

Agreed.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised this thread has legs.  I noticed it this morning and couldn't decide if the OP was trolling or serious.  

Did someone really say they think weed is a gateway drug?  Do people really believe that??  

My college teammates were some of the hardest partiers I have ever met.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...