FSGR1

OTT Schedule

The schedule that came with my OTT tickets has Day 2, Session 2 starting at 8:00 pm. This will be my 6th OTT in a row and I have never seen the final session start so late. If every best of 3 goes 3 matches, will we be there until midnight? Is anyone else surprised/disappointed that the final session will start so late?

4 hours ago, FSGR1 said:

The schedule that came with my OTT tickets has Day 2, Session 2 starting at 8:00 pm. This will be my 6th OTT in a row and I have never seen the final session start so late. If every best of 3 goes 3 matches, will we be there until midnight? Is anyone else surprised/disappointed that the final session will start so late?

I am also disappointed in the schedule. Seems like they are trying to use the NCAA format. I have a 3 plus hour drive home that night so finishing at midnight doesn’t sound like a great time to me. My dad and I may see if we can get another night at the hotel. 

I see Pamela's point.  The event site conflicts what is printed on the Tix.  The PSU ticket office is notoriously awful with ticket management.

I will call tomorrow to get clarification.

I just called the BJC ticket office and they confirmed that the 2nd day, 2nd session will start at 8:00 pm. So if this start time stays at 8, how many mats will they use for the best of 3? I would hope only two so we don't miss matches since I can't watch all four mats at once, but then if they use only two mats, we won't get out of there until very late on Sunday night. I wanted to hang around to see the final team gather for their picture, etc. This late start time, on a Sunday night, is disappointing.

I have an 11am flight leaving Harrisburg on Monday and I'm gonna have to get up super early to return the rental car etc. This is very disappointing. Final X Lincoln went for like 3 hours and not every series went to 3 matches. 

I just called the BJC ticket office and they confirmed that the 2nd day, 2nd session will start at 8:00 pm. So if this start time stays at 8, how many mats will they use for the best of 3? I would hope only two so we don't miss matches since I can't watch all four mats at once, but then if they use only two mats, we won't get out of there until very late on Sunday night. I wanted to hang around to see the final team gather for their picture, etc. This late start time, on a Sunday night, is disappointing.
Yep, told me the same. They will be updating the web site to correct their error.

PSU is just so bad at this kind of stuff.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

On 2/25/2020 at 11:40 AM, pamela said:

That’s a pretty big error on the BJC’s part - people probably purchased tickets and had their travel planned for months now based on the times shown on the event site. 

It could be that whatever time was on the website was the original plan, and NBC came in and said we're doing it at 8:00 for the channel.  USOC/NBC own the trials, not USAW, so that could be where this came from.

So anyone sitting in the finals won’t have to wrestle a match until potentially 8-9 hours after their one and only weigh in? Seems like a big advantage for guys cutting a lot of weight...and one that won’t be afforded to them at the Olympics itself. 

I thought for OTT everyone weighs in both days? By that I am referring specifically to Burroughs and Snyder who have not had any known weight issues in the past anyways.

Day 2 is strictly wrestlebacks and championships. Meaning for the finals, both competitors at each weight will have plenty of time to recover. Refer to page 6 for day 2 winner's bracket competitors. "All best‐of‐three matches occur on day #2 of the Olympic Trials"

Edited by bnwtwg

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

It could be that whatever time was on the website was the original plan, and NBC came in and said we're doing it at 8:00 for the channel.  USOC/NBC own the trials, not USAW, so that could be where this came from.

Ah, that makes sense. It’s too bad the ticketing folks couldn’t lock-in the times before advertising the event schedule, as I’m sure many attendees will be traveling-in. At this point, the BJC could at least announce a correction to the schedule. They updated the website yesterday without mentioning the new schedule, and it makes it look like they’re hoping no one noticed the slip-up.

Just now, pamela said:

Ah, that makes sense. It’s too bad the ticketing folks couldn’t lock-in the times before advertising the event schedule, as I’m sure many attendees will be traveling-in. At this point, the BJC could at least announce a correction to the schedule. They updated the website yesterday without mentioning the new schedule, and it makes it look like they’re hoping no one noticed the slip-up.

That’s no good 

2 hours ago, MDogg said:

So anyone sitting in the finals won’t have to wrestle a match until potentially 8-9 hours after their one and only weigh in? Seems like a big advantage for guys cutting a lot of weight...and one that won’t be afforded to them at the Olympics itself. 

This is a very good point. 2nd day weigh-ins will be morning-of, so finalists could have closer to 10+ hours of recovery time if the championships don’t start until 8pm.

The schedule should mimic the Olympics as much as possible, though I don’t know how much time there will be between weigh-ins and finals - I’m just assuming it won’t be such a huge gap.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

But on the other hand at 74 and 97 with those two sitting in the finals...it makes for even playing field. There shall be no excuses. 

Since it turns into Cornell vs. The World around this time each year, this should be known going forward as the “No More Excuses For Kid Dynamite” starting time rule

This is awful.  I'll be coming from 7 hours away and was planning to head home immediately after the finals.  To make matters worse, not easy (impossible) to find a flight home at 11:00.  Was really looking forward to this and now may be looking to sell my tickets.