Jimmy Cinnabon

When was the last time OKST looked this bad under Smith?

It certainly was an ass whooping. But Iowa has done that to everyone except Penn State this year. A quick look at their dual results shows everyone else has scored 10 or fewer team points. That includes dominating ISU (29-6), Nebraska (26-6), Wisconsin (32-3), Ohio State (24-10), Michigan (27-9) and Minnesota (35-6). While I am sure Smith is not the slightest bit happy with his team's performance, what will be telling about OSU's season will be their placement at NCAAs. Iowa is really good this year.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yeah, just not used to seeing a OKST team get steamrolled like that.  Given the primo recruits coming in next 2 years have to wonder if John starts feeling some heat if they do not win a team title.  How long has it been since their last now?

One more peep outta you, Cinnabon, and I'm gonna frost your icing.

Image result for john smith wrestling coach

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yeah, just not used to seeing a OKST team get steamrolled like that.  Given the primo recruits coming in next 2 years have to wonder if John starts feeling some heat if they do not win a team title.  How long has it been since their last now?

He SHOULD be feeling heat now. 

17 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

I think this is ridiculous. If he’s on the hot seat, you’d have to name a better candidate who also is realistic. It can’t be done. 

Jordan Burroughs or Kyle Dake maybe?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

It’s been a decade for everyone besides PSU and tOSU. 

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

JB has no interest 

Dake would be a weird choice. 

they will choose someone from their system. Thy have like a dozen head coaches and 5x that if you just cloud all the assistants 

Was Cael a weird choice for PSU?

To the guys who think I'm crazy for saying John Smith SHOULD be feeling the heat I have this to offer: do you think he earned a lifetime job at OSU (at taxpayer expense, btw, because he is an employee of the state of Oklahoma) because of his achievements in international wrestling, regardless of his results? That's essentially what you are saying. Frankly, I think Oklahoma State wrestling is better than that.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

If David Taylor, or Dake, or JB...or Jordan Oliver said "hey Oklahoma State, I would love to coach" do you think they wouldn't be interested in hearing what they have to say?

As an OSU fan the notion of replacing John Smith with Jordan Oliver is about as dumb of a thing as I can think. 

John felt the heat and made changes to the coaching staff and since then their recruiting has grown by leaps and bounds. They have two monster classes coming in. John has earned more than enough goodwill to see those classes through. If we are sitting here in four years and things haven't gone a ton better than yeah, conversations probably need to begin. Right now it is dumb. Everyone knew this year was going to be down.