Sign in to follow this  
malcolmJfromPA

I'm convinced

Iowa gets no more than 7 AA's at best and one champ.   I believe Murin, Young and whoever is out there at 184 does not medal.  On the other side of things I think PSU only gets 5AA's but 4 champs.  I think this race is going to be much closer than most are predicting.  The race for 3rd is even closer  I hate having to wait so long for B1G and conf tourneys.  

Edited by malcolmJfromPA

5 minutes ago, malcolmJfromPA said:

Iowa gets no more than 7 AA's at best and one champ.   I believe Murin, Young and whoever is out there at 184 does not medal.  On the other side of things I think PSU only gets 5AA's but 4 champs.  I think this race is going to be much closer than most are predicting.  The race for 3rd is even closer  I hate having to wait so long for B1G and conf tourneys.  

I think you need to clean some of the blue and white off your glasses.  What you are convinced of is basically a worst case scenario for Iowa and a best case scenario for Penn State.

I am a Penn State fan, but even the biggest PSU homer shouldn't be confident in what you predicted.

I think Lee, Joseph and Hall win championships.  RBY takes 3rd or 4th, Verk R12, Brooks takes 3rd, Shak 2-2, Nevills R12.  Meredith doesn't qualify.

S. Lee wins it all, DeSanto 2nd or 3rd, Murin low AA, Lugo 2nd, Young low AA, Marinelli 2nd, Kemerer 2nd, 2-2 for 184, 5th for Warner and 3rd for Cass.  Only 1 champ but 9 AAs for Iowa.

Big10 placement will play a big factor on the seeding path they get.  Sure if they are off Big10 weekend it puts some added obstacles in their way.  But will they be that far off, to already assume an AA is a reach?  I’m not so sure on that.  We’ll see how that plays out soon. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I think Lee, Joseph and Hall win championships.  RBY takes 3rd or 4th, Verk R12, Brooks takes 3rd, Shak 2-2, Nevills R12.  Meredith doesn't qualify.

S. Lee wins it all, DeSanto 2nd or 3rd, Murin low AA, Lugo 2nd, Young low AA, Marinelli 2nd, Kemerer 2nd, 2-2 for 184, 5th for Warner and 3rd for Cass.  Only 1 champ but 9 AAs for Iowa.

Yes I may be a PSU fan but not even I don't think Shak can win 2 matches.  I don't trust verk the same way I don't trust Murin and Young.   I think Young is the only peron in the NCAA that is less offensive than Verk. 

Edited by malcolmJfromPA

9 minutes ago, malcolmJfromPA said:

Yeah and Young's 11% bonus rate is Awesome!!!!   That's a guys that's going to sore points for you.  

I did the math.  In 17 matches that did not end by fall Young scoured 116 points.  That's 6.82 pts per match.

For Verk in 17 matches that didn't end by fall Verk scored 102 points.  That's exactly 6 pts per match.  So, Young scores almost 1 point more per match.  He's no David Taylor but he scores more points than Verk.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I did the math.  In 17 matches that did not end by fall Young scoured 116 points.  That's 6.82 pts per match.

For Verk in 17 matches that didn't end by fall Verk scored 102 points.  That's exactly 6 pts per match.  So, Young scores almost 1 point more per match.  He's no David Taylor but he scores more points than Verk.

I did the math. You've paid off ZERO of your debts.

57 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I think you need to clean some of the blue and white off your glasses.  What you are convinced of is basically a worst case scenario for Iowa and a best case scenario for Penn State.

I am a Penn State fan, but even the biggest PSU homer shouldn't be confident in what you predicted.

i think you should make some more wagers about it...

47 minutes ago, malcolmJfromPA said:

Yes I may be a PSU fan but not even I don't think Shak can win 2 matches.  I don't trust verk the same way I don't trust Murin and Young.   I think Young is the only peron in the NCAA that is less offensive than Verk. 

Put down the blow dude. 

56 minutes ago, malcolmJfromPA said:

Verk has only scored above 5 points against 1 guy ranked in the top 100 of Wrestle Stat. 7 points vs #60 Santos of Rutgers. 10 of his 15 wins are vs guys ranked 100 or worse, 4 at Wilckes open and 3 more at black knight open plus 3 big ten guys. In his 10 matches vs guys ranked in the top 100 he has scored 2-4-1-7-1-3-5-1-3- and lost by fall to Nebby. 9 scored matches vs top 100 yields Avg= 3 points.

Young has 1 match vs anyone outside the top 100 and that was match #1 vs UTC #116 16-6 win. In his 17 matches vs top 100 guys he has scored 1-12-2-7-7-13-5-WBF- 11-4-6-4-6-6-7-5-4.  16 scored matches vs top 100 yields Avg= 6.25 points.

I’ve predicted that it is going to be closer than most are thinking too. The OPs suggestion is not unrealistic, but it is pretty bad for Iowa. It’s definitely not best case for PSU though. They could definitely end up with more than 5 AAs 

19 hours ago, malcolmJfromPA said:

I do think the race is going to be close but I don’t see Iowa having less than 8 AA’s.  If I had to pick I’d probably say 9.