malcolmJfromPA

No FRL today?

Just now, malcolmJfromPA said:

WTF?  I truly enjoy the show.  I don't always agree with everything but atleast its something to listen too about wrestling.  Major bummer.  Heck a few of us on here could fill in if they needed.

I like that idea. TheMat.com podcast. Lets run with this.

and dresser comes on to talk about what he was going to talk about yesterday...

all you mooks with your silliness yesterday feel stupid now?

of course not...

Edited by LJB
too many silly derivatives... looked silly... silliness...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

and dresser comes on to talk about what he was going to talk about yesterday...

all you mooks with your silliness yesterday feel silly yet?

of course not...

I will get back to you on my mook status, I missed the beginning live and am checking out what he had to say on the replay now.

8 minutes ago, LJB said:

i do love the unapologetic stance from dresser... and it was not that FRL guys were not taking him to task...

again... first page mooks... anything to say now?

Settle down and head back into your cave. We will let you know when we need someone to come yell senselessly about stalling and “real” wrestling. 

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

i do love the unapologetic stance from dresser... and it was not that FRL guys were not taking him to task...

again... first page mooks... anything to say now?

Here is what bothered me. Just because he was unapologetic doesn't mean he wasn't wrong.

His original contention in his post practice press conference was it was all a coincidence, but when called on the carpet he admits that he was absolutely gaming the system. Admitted that he knew the first two Johnny Sebastian matches were not going to happen. He even tries out the moral equivalency argument of "I heard from one coach 3 matches at Lock Haven they play wrestled". Just all so skeevy. 

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Here is what bothered me. Just because he was unapologetic doesn't mean he wasn't wrong.

His original contention in his post practice press conference was it was all a coincidence, but when called on the carpet he admits that he was absolutely gaming the system. Admitted that he knew the first two Johnny Sebastian matches were not going to happen. He even tries out the moral equivalency argument of "I heard from one coach 3 matches at Lock Haven they play wrestled". Just all so skeevy. 

he is not wrong if it is provided for within the rules...

is it greasy?

yes

is it wrong?

not at this point...

and anyone trying to argue some moral high ground with anything NCAA related should really just sit down...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

is it greasy?

yes

is it wrong?

not at this point...

and anyone trying to argue some moral high ground with anything NCAA related should really just sit down...

Was it wrong to not let women vote, even though the rules providers for it?  What about Jim Crow laws?

19 hours ago, jchapman said:

The germ-default guy wrestled in the previous round.  Dresser just needs to stop talking.

Pretty sure he wrestled the round after, also. So he was too sick to wrestle his own teammate, but other guys were fair game to infect.

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

is it greasy?

yes

is it wrong?

not at this point...

it's wrong. absolutely. objectively. the ncaa absolutely should not count that nonsense. he also accused cornell of faking a match at lock haven's mat town without naming names. if that match was actually faked (instead of what i assume - a match tantamount to me wrestling j'den cox) then my guys pulled a fast one too.

what the ncaa is counting is wrestling matches. if you fake a match, whether it is pattycake until a guy takes a dive or a phantom injury by a teammate, it absolutely should not count.

2 minutes ago, ugarte said:

it's wrong. absolutely. objectively. the ncaa absolutely should not count that nonsense. he also accused cornell of faking a match at lock haven's mat town without naming names. if that match was actually faked (instead of what i assume - a match tantamount to me wrestling j'den cox) then my guys pulled a fast one too.

what the ncaa is counting is wrestling matches. if you fake a match, whether it is pattycake until a guy takes a dive or a phantom injury by a teammate, it absolutely should not count.

we are not talking what should or shouldn't count in the "fans" clouded mind...

we are talking about what does and doesn't count...

dresser got some of his kids what they needed within the present rule set... the rest is just whining by "fans" based off of their agenda...

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

ooooohhhhh, cry me a river...

such hyperbole... 

i suggest you call your congressman or write a sternly worded letter...

Hyperbole maybe, but its not a false equivalence. Just because the law or rules does or doesn't say something, doesn't mean that all actions that abide by those rules are morally right.