Lurker

2 Pat Mineo questions

1) who is he and where does he come from?

2) am I worse or better off by not knowing #1?

Yes this stems from the stuff going on twitter with Rotundo, Bryant, and Immel  (all good guys).  I could ask them but there opinion is pretty clear.  

Also not about what is going on with them on twitter, that I totally see.  Just curious who the guy is.

Edited by Lurker

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

1) who is he and where does he come from?

2) am I worse or better off by not knowing #1?

Yes this stems from the stuff going on twitter with Rotundo, Bryant, and Immel  (all good guys).  I could ask them but there opinion is pretty clear.  

Also not about what is going on with them on twitter, that I totally see.  Just curious who the guy is.

Pat is the arch nemesis of Flo, and particularly Willie. It’s funny watching Pat and Willie argue on Twitter because it turns into the idiot Olympics real fast. 

But in all seriousness he’s a dude from Jersey that claims he has lots of wrestling connections and he tries to break news faster than other outlets. He’s not affiliated with any of the big boy wrestling outlets that I know of. 

8 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Pat is the arch nemesis of Flo, and particularly Willie. It’s funny watching Pat and Willie argue on Twitter because it turns into the idiot Olympics real fast. 

But in all seriousness he’s a dude from Jersey that claims he has lots of wrestling connections and he tries to break news faster than other outlets. He’s not affiliated with any of the big boy wrestling outlets that I know of. 

So he's like the Trump of wrestling media....and Willlie is Jeb Bush...

1 hour ago, Marcus Cisero said:

I don't know who he is but he did appear to be the first out of the gate with a few recent stories. Now he's reporting on something relative to PSU and Kerkvliot.

I think he based that off what he read on a BWI thread.

he trys to be a twitter tough guy, who runs a private facebook group, and if you disagree with him, your booted out of the group.

He works for Dun and Bradstreet

He thinks rutgers wrestling is the greatest

https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrickmineo?trk=people-guest_people_search-card

oh by the way, he loves the attention, does **** for clicks

34 minutes ago, unknown said:

he trys to be a twitter tough guy, who runs a private facebook group, and if you disagree with him, your booted out of the group.

I hope he does credit advisory better than he does wrestling news tweeting

3 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

He's a good photoshopper. I always wondered if he was MedicineMan.

You may be on to something there. If he ever twits video from his office, look to see if that new Reaction Trophy is on the shelf behind his desk. :)

2 hours ago, unknown said:

This x1000000

He started getting kicked off of FB wrestling pages and then created his own. 

When Nolf got hurt against Van Brill a few years ago he did everything to justify the injury and went out of his way to do everything but call Nolf the “p” word. At that point he got Kicked off the PA college and high school page. His intent coming over there was to rattle the China and he got his perfect opportunity when Nolf got hurt at the same time. The other page I’m on right now kicked him and literally judged if him breaking the Zahid news was true or not. 

He's abrasive but seems to have gotten a bunch of stuff right. Whether that's just a case of throwing crap against the wall and getting lucky....we'll see.

EDIT: Apparently he's been doing this for awhile, and he's gotten lot of stuff wrong previously. I don't think I've ever heard of him until this series of events. So maybe it's the second thing and he's just gotten lucky on the crap flinging this time thru.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

Is he related to the Actor Sal?

For clarity, I don't know who he is and have not heard of him. No TV - just the computer connection and don't watch much on it.

I don't think so. I've known the family a while and likely would have asked that question.

1 hour ago, pamela said:

How is he connected with the people and programs that he claims to have access to? 

I don’t think he’s ever really claimed to have access to anyone specific.  I’m sure he’s got some friends out there but honestly my guess is he just doesn’t have a problem messaging whoever he wants to ask a question to and sometimes they’ll answer.

I think the last time his name came up was when Beau Bartlett committed to PSU, he supposedly “broke” that as well, and I think he basically just said he asked the kid himself.

He does get some stuff wrong, but seems to be right a lot (and seems to conveniently delete the things he gets wrong). I also think he basically just follows a LOT of wrestling-related sites, social media pages and forums (such as his Kerk post referenced above) and uses those as his “source.”  

I do find it kinda funny that the “media” is all worked up over him though.  He’s really not much more than just some random dude on the internet.  Although he probably has better wrestling credentials than many of them (not that that should matter, but to some people apparently it does).

surely anyone can understand why "legitimate" news sources would be a little annoyed at this cat... he can spout whatever with no risk at all... whereas "legitimate" news sources should verify any "story" they here first... by the time that happens the "news" has already broke everywhere... right or wrong...

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

surely anyone can understand why "legitimate" news sources would be a little annoyed at this cat... he can spout whatever with no risk at all... whereas "legitimate" news sources should verify any "story" they here first... by the time that happens the "news" has already broke everywhere... right or wrong...

Unfortunately that is the world we live in today...

7 minutes ago, LJB said:

From what I could gather in the twitter beef, he used a photo from an article, neither of which were his, for one of his “stories”. He was called out on it. 

He got upset about getting called out so he copied other photos, for example one of Kerk and one of Bey, cropped them into some silly cartoon looking things, then posted asking the owners of the property if that was okay. 

I mean, I’m sure you’ll agree with me LJB, if you want to toy around with leg grabbers that’s fine. But leave the good guys alone. 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

From what I could gather in the twitter beef, he used a photo from an article, neither of which were his, for one of his “stories”. He was called out on it. 

He got upset about getting called out so he copied other photos, for example one of Kerk and one of Bey, cropped them into some silly cartoon looking things, then posted asking the owners of the property if that was okay. 

I mean, I’m sure you’ll agree with me LJB, if you want to toy around with leg grabbers that’s fine. But leave the good guys alone. 

I can’t remember, are all the photos in the “separated at birth” thread cited?

18 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

I think Willie took the lead on that with his Budweiser video.  Looks like he took it down though.   Kinda feel bad for him at this point.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I think Willie took the lead on that with his Budweiser video.  Looks like he took it down though.   Kinda feel bad for him at this point.

My favorite is when Mineo tells Willie they need to meet on the mat and settle it Jersey vs PA. And then Willie blocks him on twitter for the 700th time. 

But yeah I agree. Willie seems to be spiraling a little bit at this point.