Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

With OkState having a sort of "off" year, what are the chances we see a lineup like this next season?

I know there is some wishful thinking on a few guys being fully healthy and able to make the weight, but this sure looks like a lineup that could challenge Iowa and PSU:

125: Fix

133: Brock
141: Gfeller
149: Lewallen
157: Balmeceda(if he can make the jump after redshirting)
165: Wittlake
174: Plott-Doubt he could pull down, but would make for no holes in the lineup
184: Geer/Montalvo/Plott
197: Ferrari
285: Doucet

A healthy Fix, Brock, Gfeller, Lewallen would make for a formidable starting 4.

1 minute ago, jchapman said:

Is Fix going to be eligible?

Can't believe he wouldn't be, considering that is a year from now.  Plus, is he even taking classes?  I ask because if he isn't "technically" part of the team this season, I don't see how he could truly be sanctioned by the NCAA.  Sort of an odd situation......

Edited by MSU158

8 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

I know there is some wishful thinking on a few guys being fully healthy and able to make the weight, but this sure looks like a lineup that could challenge Iowa and PSU:

Good grief, why would you take Sheets out of the lineup?

8 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Can't believe he wouldn't be, considering that is a year from now.  Plus, is he even taking classes?  I ask because if he isn't "technically" part of the team this season, I don't see how he could truly be sanctioned by the NCAA.  Sort of an odd situation......

The section on the NCAA rulebook has been posted on this (or maybe a different) forum - if you are under a WADA suspension, you can't compete for the NCAA during the length of said suspension. 

Edited by Gantry

2 minutes ago, Gantry said:

The section on the NCAA rulebook has been posted on this (or maybe a different) forum - if you are under a WADA suspension, you can't compete for the NCAA during the length of said suspension. 

Compliance not rulebook

18.4.1.4.7 Non-NCAA Athletics Organization’s Positive Drug Test. The Board of Governors shall authorize methods for drug testing any student-athlete who has disclosed in the student-athlete statement (see Bylaw 12.7.2.1) that he or she has had a positive drug test administered by a non-NCAA athletics organization that has adopted the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code. A student-athlete under a drug-testing suspension from a national or international sports governing body that has adopted the WADA code shall not participate in NCAA intercollegiate competition for the duration of the suspension. (Adopted: 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97, Revised: 4/28/05 effective 8/1/05, 10/30/14, 6/19/17) 

Edited by gimpeltf

4 minutes ago, Gantry said:

We still dont really have info but ... I'd don't think some are seeing what's going on here, it's a new kind of "shirt." We got redshirts, greyshirts, olympicshirts, missionshirts, and now possible drugshirts.  The dshirts like the mshirts can be 2 years thus potentially more valuable than the r, g, & o shirts.  ;) 

28 minutes ago, ionel said:

Good grief, why would you take Sheets out of the lineup?

Hence, what I mean by "jump(in production)" for Balmeceda.  Sheets is a fringe AA type at best.  One win over Young shouldn't really change that outlook much, considering he lost to Keaton Sheerts exactly 1 month ago.  Since, I was trying to put an "ideal" lineup together, I was looking for Balmeceda to produce similar to how Wittlake is this season.  Obviously,  Sheets is quite possibly the guy.......

Edited by MSU158

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

Hence, what I mean by "jump(in production)" for Balmeceda.  Sheets is a fringe AA type at best.  One win over Young shouldn't really change that outlook much, considering he lost to Keaton Sheerts exactly 1 month ago.  Since, I was trying to put an "ideal" lineup together, I was looking for Balmeceda to produce similar to how Wittlake is this season.  Obviously,  Sheets is quite possibly the guy.......

Balmaceda was terrible this year. Sheets would murder him. 

11 minutes ago, BLT said:

Balmaceda was terrible this year. Sheets would murder him. 

20-5 isn't exactly terrible for a redshirting freshman that only wrestled through the very beginning of January.  Wittlake looked pretty similar his redshirting season and also only wrestled the early part of the season.  Admittedly, he may very well not make that jump, but I was high on him coming into OkState and still think there is a chance he is the guy next season.

On 2/25/2020 at 4:17 PM, MSU158 said:

I don't know whether he would be any good or anything but there's no doubt Plott could make 174

4 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

I don't know whether he would be any good or anything but there's no doubt Plott could make 174

Obviously, this is all conjecture.  I was simply looking for a scenario that makes OkState a true contender.  A TON of that would hinge on super young guys being elite right off the bat.   Of them all, I think Plott has the most potential to be that guy.  If he can do it at 174, that definitely give OkState the chance to make their ideal lineup!

3 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Obviously, this is all conjecture.  I was simply looking for a scenario that makes OkState a true contender.  A TON of that would hinge on super young guys being elite right off the bat.   Of them all, I think Plott has the most potential to be that guy.  If he can do it at 174, that definitely give OkState the chance to make their ideal lineup!

Other than actually watching matches my favorite thing is people throwing out possibilities for lineups or results in duals so I enjoyed it. If it wasn't for that once the season was over we'd have nothing to do so I like the conjecture!