jross

When have referees dictated match outcomes?

18 hours ago, Force118 said:

Crazy the refs doubled down instead of acknowledging they couldn’t count and then afterwards even the tournament committee refused to overturn the decision. 

I can understand the refs getting the scoring wrong in real time, but they should have allowed the late challenge.

I still can't believe the tournament committee let that stand.

On 2/26/2020 at 6:52 AM, cjc007 said:

Brad Dillion vs Robbie Waller OT rideout fiasco.

Check it out. The ref should have been arrested for fraud.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

CJC, man you are correct. That is really hard to stomach and I don't know either one of the two guys. What makes it even worse is the guy who had his hand raised went on to easily win the national title so you have to figure the other guy could have done so as well. Really upsetting to me.

I officiate and I realize it's almost an impossible job to keep everyone happy but one thing I try to do that I see happen time and time again is to listen to the coaches. So many times at both high school and college level I see referees who literally refuse to even entertain a discussion from a coach on a subject. They have this unbelievable idea that they are completely in the right and the attitude with which a lot of them show this really bothers me. There's nothing more important than getting the call right whether it makes you the official look like a dickhead or not. These kids have worked their entire lives to get to this point and to go out there and either have an agenda or refuse to even accept the fact you could be wrong and listen to other options just blows my mind.

On 2/26/2020 at 2:05 PM, tightwaist said:

Still not pinned...according to some.  

still shots dont work

i heard all about red being pinned in the match with minnesota.

i watched the match... no way.

they must have been looking at a still shot

On 2/26/2020 at 2:18 PM, tightwaist said:

I would argue that this is the most botched match, ever.  You will be frustrated just watching this.  

Didn’t they re-wrestle this match after the NCAA session had ended ?  Or am I confusing this match with another ?

I remember sticking around after the NCAA Session was complete and watching this match with about 50 people.

Edit : It must have been another match as I remember Hellickson being the OSU coach.  Anybody remember the wrestlers I am referring to ?

Edited by Show_Me

2 hours ago, Show_Me said:

Didn’t they re-wrestle this match after the NCAA session had ended ?  Or am I confusing this match with another ?

I remember sticking around after the NCAA Session was complete and watching this match with about 50 people.

Edit : It must have been another match as I remember Hellickson being the OSU coach.  Anybody remember the wrestlers I am referring to ?

Not that match. This was a dual meet. 

There was one in  the 90s. Nebraska and some other reddish (NC State?) team? I was given a list as to how to preassign colors and no leeway (until after this match). Whichever team that was assigned green was actually a brighter red than the other. What happened was that no one could remember who was actually given either a warning or a caution which affected a later call of same. As it turned out, they then had to wrestle again, likely in the cons semis or place bouts. The only time the same two guys wrestled three times.

Is it in the rule book that your elbows can not be against your knees in the bottom position?  

141 LBS: #5 Mitch McKee (Minnesota) vs. #3 Max Murin (Iowa) | 2020 B1G Wrestling

Two minutes in.