Sign in to follow this  
russelscout

Will this sell out?

On 2/26/2020 at 6:06 PM, Mphillips said:

I'm hoping that's not the actual perspective in the pic..

I don't think it will be too bad. Kinnick is larger than US Bank stadium and you could still see from the top. I knew plenty of people at Grapple at the Gridiron. None of them complained about not being able to see, even the ones way off to the side. 

Edited by russelscout

wow, what a scene. Most non-wrestlers would never believe that's the level of interest wrestling brings to the table. Remove the mats and replace it with Turf and Dura Stripes (or what ever the lines are called) and the majority of non-wrestling sports fans would quickly say, yea - that's the scene at a typical college football playoff game.

I hope the additional televised coverage college wrestling enjoyed this season equates to even more in the future.

Great pic Russell!

24 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I don't think it will be too bad. Kinnick is larger than US Bank stadium and you could still see from the top. I knew plenty of people at Grapple at the Gridiron. None of them complained about not being able to see, even the ones way off to the side. 

grapple-on-gridiron-art.jpg

Now think about if this is mat 1 how will visualization of mat 8 be from this seat. 

19 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

wow, what a scene. Most non-wrestlers would never believe that's the level of interest wrestling brings to the table. Remove the mats and replace it with Turf and Dura Stripes (or what ever the lines are called) and the majority of non-wrestling sports fans would quickly say, yea - that's the scene at a typical college football playoff game.

I hope the additional televised coverage college wrestling enjoyed this season equates to even more in the future.

Great pic Russell!

Yah, I bet NCAAs will look amazing on ESPN

8 minutes ago, Witherman said:

I love that everyone preaches “grow wrestling” and “we need to get on par with revenue sports”

and then everyone bitches when they actually put a wrestling event that will draw the type of crowds revenue sports draw. 

Gotta agree with this. Seems like people arent even willing to give this a chance.