gowrestle

Nevills out Kirk in?

48 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

I recently read that on Pat Mineos site but didnt want to share the actual tweet just in case there was no credibility to it. What's your findings gowrestle?

Nothing but PSU rumors among fans but a couple I know are big financial contributors and they heard he’s in. 

This dresser situation has be scrambling to understand some of these rules.  Do you need a certain amount of matches to enter the b10 tournament/be eligible to wrestle in the post season? Or is it moreso you need a certain amount of matches to be eligible for an AQ?  Could someone explain the three criteria needed for a bid for their weightclass?  I think its matches wrestled, winning %, and coaches ranking?  Also, can someone explain what the AQ for a spot in your weight class is?  Sorry in advance.

9 minutes ago, JBluegill133 said:

This dresser situation has be scrambling to understand some of these rules.  Do you need a certain amount of matches to enter the b10 tournament/be eligible to wrestle in the post season? Or is it moreso you need a certain amount of matches to be eligible for an AQ?  Could someone explain the three criteria needed for a bid for their weightclass?  I think its matches wrestled, winning %, and coaches ranking?  Also, can someone explain what the AQ for a spot in your weight class is?  Sorry in advance.

No matches needed to enter conference tourney, just for AQ status. To get from there to NCAA Kerk would need to place within the Big10's number of allocated slots which, barring something freaky, he will if he is indeed the guy. 

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

That would be interesting. How do you guys think he'd do at B1G or NCAAs? Nevills is, what, a top 5/6 guy at B1G, maybe R12 at NCAAs? Kerkliviet is better than that already?

He beat Seth Nevills older brother Nick at the Oly Trials Qualifier and it was on pretty decided advantage in quickness and athleticism. Has numerous wins over Jordan Wood. These are free style wins, but he's not winning because he is getting 4 ankle laces in all these matches. He gets a bunch of takedowns.

12 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

No matches needed to enter conference tourney, just for AQ status. To get from there to NCAA Kerk would need to place within the Big10's number of allocated slots which, barring something freaky, he will if he is indeed the guy. 

Ah ok and just so I'm understanding, the criteria then gives the conference an allocated slot for qualifiers (10 from 125 in the b10, 4 at 133 from the acc etc. etc.)

Do you guys hear that? the faint, haunting BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! in the distance? Happy Valley locals say it's the curse of the male descendants of the Nevills family, all doomed to be forever thrown under Carl's bus while he backs it up over their warm bodies

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

Do you guys hear that? the faint, haunting BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! in the distance? Happy Valley locals say it's the curse of the male descendants of the Nevills family, all doomed to be forever thrown under Carl's bus while he backs it up over their warm bodies

You could say Tommy Haines dodged a truck?

3 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

It is a bum move pulling a kid's shirt his true freshman year, give him a handful of matches to not have him compete in the postseason.

I can't say elsewhere but with PA kids, PSU's reputation is faltering.

18 minutes ago, JBluegill133 said:

Ah ok and just so I'm understanding, the criteria then gives the conference an allocated slot for qualifiers (10 from 125 in the b10, 4 at 133 from the acc etc. etc.)

Yes but it's based on the specific person that earned the spot, so if Nevills earned a spot for the B10 and and Kerk goes, the Big 10 loses Nevills' spot and Kerk would then be stealing someone else's.   It is a weird system IMO.

Edited by 1032004

8 minutes ago, red blades said:

You could say Tommy Haines dodged a truck?

I always felt bad for the former 3x - or was it 4x,  Solanco HS wrestler when we learned he was no longer in Penn States plans.  Who knows how the move over to Lock Haven affected his mindset / performance. A lot of us who watched him locally expected much more from him at the collegiate level.

As for Nevills, yea he's getting screwed.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

5 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

I can't imagine how a scholarship athlete in the B1G could transfer from one member institution to another member institution in the same season while remaining athletically eligible.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ask nick suriano 

Ask nick suriano 

Good point. The Suriano situation didn't happen in late February, it was resolved before the season started if my memory is correct.  

If the NCAA allows Kerk to be eligible, everyone would be eligible to transfer at any time while retaining athletic eligiblity.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk