Jump to content
gowrestle

Nevills out Kirk in?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Baumgarntner placed 3 rd once in High school  and Mocco went to St. Benedict’s prep and Blair 2 prep schools so he never wrestled NJ HS kids 

lawson won 3 straight the first heavyweight in NJ ever to do that i believe .

zach Rey only managed to go 4,1,1 

Did Lawson place as a freshman? I guess 3 titles tops it but Tom Curl went 5-3-1-1 I believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Apparently @TBar1977has these details

LOL Kirk and Nevills are both freshmen!  Assad has more upside, yes! But guess what?  When I was a senior in college, I clobbered freshmen with more upside than me!  If Kirk was years younger, this is a reasonable move.  Unfortunately, "Big Snacks" is out of a job now.  Pretty cold of Cael.  

And Kirk is notoriously fickle.  

Edited by AHamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

100%.  

Although Cael seems to care a lot more about Rasheed than the Nevills clan.  

I would certainly have pulled Beards shirt if Conell was in the lineup. But I have been more and more impressed each match with Shak and I was never eat up with the way Beard wrestled this year. I think the difference in those two is negligent at best so I wouldn't pull it but I've been wrong once before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Did Lawson place as a freshman? I guess 3 titles tops it but Tom Curl went 5-3-1-1 I believe

No he took 4th in the region I believe, had the 2nd and 4th place finishers in the state in his region 

Tom Curl was terrifying, he looked like he was 30 years old by his junior year in high school, absolute monster...  he’s one of the guys I  can see being ahead of Lawson 

 

Steve mocco did pin Tom curl in like 50 seconds in a dual in college 

Edited by Antitroll2828

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jchapman said:

Apparently @TBar1977has these details

That is correct. He does. On the other hand your fictional representation of the facts was totally incorrect. Shakur and Cassar were roommates and best friends. There was no controversy there. If Cael was such a terrible person and coach, people like you wouldn't have to make stories up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AHamilton said:

LOL Kirk and Nevills are both freshmen!  Assad has more upside, yes! But guess what?  When I was a senior in college, I clobbered freshmen with more upside than me!  If Kirk was years younger, this is a reasonable move.  Unfortunately, "Big Snacks" is out of a job now.  Pretty cold of Cael.  

And Kirk is notoriously fickle.  

Kerk is fickle now? You were previously implying he's somehow a bad apple. I guess you realized how wrong you were on those posts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Seth got recruited over just like Vince Turk and Jaren Glosser got recruited over. Just like Justin Meija and that other 125 got recruited over. Just like Cashe Wilke got recruited over. And who got bounced when Austin Desanto transferred in to Iowa, or when Pat Lugo transferred in to Iowa?

Next year someone will sit because of Jaydin Eireman transferring in. 

I still can't believe Nick Moore managed to start all four years for Iowa, without ever making the podium.  I'm sure there are others, but he always stood out (to me).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jchapman said:

Apparently @TBar1977has these details

Didn't Shaq beat Cassar 7-3 days before the tOSU match, but was injured in the match?

I think I remember hearing he won an earlier wrestle-off as well, but didn't get as much detail.

Shaq was also sticking guys left and right that year, and certainly appeared to be a bonus threat at NCAAs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seth got recruited over just like Vince Turk and Jaren Glosser got recruited over. Just like Justin Meija and that other 125 got recruited over. Just like Cashe Wilke got recruited over. And who got bounced when Austin Desanto transferred in to Iowa, or when Pat Lugo transferred in to Iowa?
Next year someone will sit because of Jaydin Eireman transferring in. 
Nevills was a top level recruit at a weight that has no room for shifting who is a true freshman who had somebody brought in at his weight. Comparing him to Wilcke, Vince Turk and Jeren Glosser is disingenuous. Cash Wilcke is a senior who has never AA'd. None of the guys are high level recruits. Plus they all have the ability to move weights, which they all have in college. There are different expectations when you commit as that level of recruit and have not produced. It's not remotely the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Nevills was a top level recruit at a weight that has no room for shifting who is a true freshman who had somebody brought in at his weight. Comparing him to Wilcke, Vince Turk and Jeren Glosser is disingenuous. Cash Wilcke is a senior who has never AA'd. None of the guys are high level recruits. Plus they all have the ability to move weights, which they all have in college. There are different expectations when you commit as that level of recruit and have not produced. It's not remotely the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
 

Would Ryan bringing in Kerkvliet while Chase Singletary was still at tOSU have been the same thing?

Edited by 82bordeaux
gr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Kerk is fickle now? You were previously implying he's somehow a bad apple. I guess you realized how wrong you were on those posts.

 

He's a bad apple as far as his shady dealings with various institutions.  Not exactly a man of his word, is he?  I called him shady.  I do not think he is criminal in any way, but he doesn't exactly seem trustworthy.

 

Itis ok T-Bar, you can admit it when PSU or their athletes are involved in shady or duplicitous behavior.  It might even give you some credibility.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Kerk is fickle now? You were previously implying he's somehow a bad apple. I guess you realized how wrong you were on those posts.

 

Kerk is definitely fickle. He has committed to 3 Big10 schools and attended 2. He is a true freshman still. He may have set a record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Nevills was a top level recruit at a weight that has no room for shifting who is a true freshman who had somebody brought in at his weight. Comparing him to Wilcke, Vince Turk and Jeren Glosser is disingenuous. Cash Wilcke is a senior who has never AA'd. None of the guys are high level recruits. Plus they all have the ability to move weights, which they all have in college. There are different expectations when you commit as that level of recruit and have not produced. It's not remotely the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
 

You think Brands would’ve told Kerklevit no if Kerklevit had asked to transfer to Iowa instead of PSU?

come on dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

You think Brands would’ve told Kerklevit no if Kerklevit had asked to transfer to Iowa instead of PSU?

come on dude

Yes because like other teams and unlike PSU they don't have the $$$ to bring in a second high end 285 recruit in basically the same class and even if they did have the money Brands is not going to crap on Cass for a possible slight upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Boompa said:

It is a bum move pulling a kid's shirt his true freshman year, give him a handful of matches to not have him compete in the postseason.

I can't say elsewhere but with PA kids, PSU's reputation is faltering.

Agree on the first point.  But on the second that's news to me.  Seems like you made that up  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BLT said:

Yes because like other teams and unlike PSU they don't have the $$$ to bring in a second high end 285 recruit in basically the same class and even if they did have the money Brands is not going to crap on Cass for a possible slight upgrade.

We aren’t discussing the money. The argument is that somehow Cael did something wrong by recruiting Kerk over Seth. 
  
Based on your second point - you think even if money wasn’t the issues Brands would’ve told Kerklevit no? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, malcolmJfromPA said:

FACT CHECK!!!! Lawson finished 6th at HWT 2015. And I believe they qualified someone every year but the one when Nick got hurt.  Not the same at 125.

Ok so updated:

125: 1, 2, 2, 3

HWT: 1, 5, 6, 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

He's a bad apple as far as his shady dealings with various institutions.  Not exactly a man of his word, is he?  I called him shady.  I do not think he is criminal in any way, but he doesn't exactly seem trustworthy.

 

Itis ok T-Bar, you can admit it when PSU or their athletes are involved in shady or duplicitous behavior.  It might even give you some credibility.

 

Hamilton, you and Vak seem all too eager much of the time to cast aspersions towards PSU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...