tigerfan

Average poster age

How old are we?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. In light of the Reactions vs Posts topic, I started to think that the younger generation is reluctant to accept facts or feedback that doesn’t fit their narrative. But how old are we really?

I don’t want to start a generation war. I generated this poll to reassure myself my impression was wrong. We can agree that most people, regardless of age, don’t easily give up their preconceptions. 

9 minutes ago, tigerfan said:

I don’t want to start a generation war. I generated this poll to reassure myself my impression was wrong. We can agree that most people, regardless of age, don’t easily give up their preconceptions. 

How does this accomplish that? If the majority are younger, then do you believe that your initial thought about young people was correct? I do think it is an interesting poll, regardless, but can't see how this clears up any preconceived notions about the various generations.

Yeah but what "age" are you looking for.  There's the obvious simple math current year minus birth year, but then there's also "athletic/fitness age", my Garmin account says sup'n way different than birth year, but then there's also "internet age" by which many of us here are really still 10-12 years old living in our parents basements.  ;)

I almost spit my drink out at “younger generation is reluctant to accept facts or feedback.”

Edited to be more specific: In my experience the younger generation is much easier to offend/trigger. The older generation is wayyyyyyyy more set in their ways and reluctant to accept facts and new ways of doing things. 

Edited by goheels1812

4 hours ago, Crotalus said:

As someone in the 30-39 demographic, my narrative is that there are plenty of older folks that are reluctant to accept facts. And I believe more so than my generation. The "set in my ways" mentality.

not true. i have been set in my ways since i was 19

JK jk