irani

Appeal for petition

This is only remotely related to wrestling, but since I consider some of you as friends, I ask you to consider signing this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/world-health-organization-who-lift-all-medical-sanctions-now-to-combat-coronavirus-in-iran?fbclid=IwAR2eJPIVVzeOoV0CMg2Hhq0FHKBfxdBacusH9gLNHDAqRuYQ0JwgeCk9xyU

It's a petition to Lift all medical sanctions now to combat Coronavirus in Iran

Just now, Lurker said:

Signed and will be sharing on my social media. Our governments may be enemies in the political arena, but anyone in the wrestling world knows the level of mutual respect. 

I thank you from the bottom of my heart

Vaccines take a while to approve.

If and when the vaccine is produced in mass, and ready for the world, the same sanctions would prevent legal exportation to iran.

The sanctions were advertised as being designed to hurt the government of Iran, not the people of Iran.

In practice, that has not been the case/

20 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Not to cast aspersions, but do you think maybe living in a backwards theocracy might have something to do with why this is happening in Iran?

It sounds like you are casting aspersions, but let me answer you any way.

Iran's imposed government is a backwards theocracy, not argument there.

The virus has also spread in Italy, while their government is chaotic, it's not a backward theocracy.

so, I would argue in this case, the backward theocracy is not the main cause

3 hours ago, irani said:

Vaccines take a while to approve.

If and when the vaccine is produced in mass, and ready for the world, the same sanctions would prevent legal exportation to iran.

The sanctions were advertised as being designed to hurt the government of Iran, not the people of Iran.

In practice, that has not been the case/

I'm sure the export sanctions will be lifted. No doubt on that one. You sure your government will allow an Israeli vaccine in the country? There's lots of unnecessary nonsense going on and everyone needs to stop.

I'm sure the export sanctions will be lifted. No doubt on that one. You sure your government will allow an Israeli vaccine in the country? There's lots of unnecessary nonsense going on and everyone needs to stop.

The sanctions are preventing masks, what makes you so sure the sanctions will prevent the vaccine?

I am pretty sure IRI (not my government) will allow vaccines in from Israel.

They have made secret trades with Israel before, remember Iran Contra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, irani said:

Sadly sanctions in general almost always have a larger effect on the people of a nation than they do their government.  To top that off most high ranking government officials have enough connections to get around the sanctions to get whatever they want for their family or for those doing them favors.  The best sanctions can usually do is insight more unrest and protest from the citizens, which is often met with government retaliation for the public display.  

Hopefully, smarter head prevail when doing what’s best for health related problems of the citizens even if it’s possible that some additional sanction items slip by in the process. 

13 hours ago, headache said:

I signed. 

"Israeli researchers scrambling to develop a coronavirus vaccine say it could be ready in just three weeks – and available for use within 90 days, according to reports."

NY Post Israel Weeks Away From Vaccine

What's the likelihood that the Islamic Republic of Iran will allow the use of test kits and/or a vaccine developed by the Israelis? 

32 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

What's the likelihood that the Islamic Republic of Iran will allow the use of test kits and/or a vaccine developed by the Israelis? 

They will. 

Iran is a rational actor. If The outbreak ends up being as bad as China and a reliable vaccine exists, the Iranian government will find a way to make it happen. 

Israel, too, will work with Iran behind the scenes to help make this a reality. 

This is all theoretical as Israel is one of many working on a solution. 

hopefully some good comes out of this and Israel and Iran improves their relationship. 

2 hours ago, whaletail said:

Shameful, but sadly, not surprising.

I'm embarrassed by my country's behavior.

We have the worst case scenario.

A dishonest, evil regime in Iran.

A dishonest, evil regime in the US