9 hours ago, Show_Me said:

Agreed.  And he has been injured quite a bit.

Hoping for the "best version" of Leeth for MAC & NCAA.

I don't see Mauller /Jacques moving up next year either.That puts Leeth in the same situation next year unless injuries have taken its toll and he decides he's done but I don't see that

2 hours ago, calot said:

I don't see Mauller /Jacques moving up next year either.That puts Leeth in the same situation next year unless injuries have taken its toll and he decides he's done but I don't see that

Neither has redshirted so what if Mauller reds

14 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

He's looked bad all season.  Easy to see that the weight cut is too much for him.  He looks like a shell of his former self.

Heard Leeth tell some guys after a loss when he was obviously very frustrated that he had torn labrums in both shoulders.

He did not wrestle after that match until that Iowa State open.

On 3/5/2020 at 10:02 AM, mlbruem said:

Neither has redshirted so what if Mauller reds

So does O'Tool redshirt as well?   All these guys are still pretty young.  Where does O-Tool fir into the lineup with Mocco, Jacques, etc.? 

Wow, Mocco got jobbed big time in his semifinal.  Down 4-3 with 30 sec left, he gets neutral on the edge, but immediately locks up a cradle.  Ref signals 2 td prematurely, and Mocco rolls him over 2 seconds later as time runs out the ref has counted 2 backs.  SIUE challenges the td call and wins, so they erase his escape, td, and backs and he has to start down with 19 sec remaining still down by 1.  He gives up 2 garbage backs at the last second when desperate.  If the ref had simply waited until Mocco rolled the cradle through, Mocco would have won 7-4.  Horrible.

If mocco finishes 3rd today i like his chances to get at large bid, he’s has good tournament thus far and a strong finish today will help his cause

just the opposite for Koelling, disappointing performance in losing to and being eliminated by two very average wrestlers. Will be asking a lot to get at large bid

and what up with Mizzou heavy? Kid seems to be on a mission, not pretty to watch but grinds with heart

Going into Day 2  :

1.  Missouri - 112.5  (4 Finalist)

2.  C. Michigan - 86  (3 Finalist)

3.  N. Illinois - 67.5  (2 Finalist)

4.  Rider - 66.5  (2 Finalist)

5.  Lock Haven - 54.5  (1 Finalist)

Edited by Show_Me

FINAL Team Standings (NCAA Qualifiers) :

1.  Missouri – 142 (6) 
2.  C. Michigan – 121 (6)
3.  N. Illinois – 90.5 (3)
4.  Rider – 84.5 (4)
5.  Lock Haven – 82 (4)
6.  Old Dominion – 68 (4)
7.  Cleveland St. – 64 (1)
8.  Ohio – 58.5 (2)
9.  Kent St. – 51.5 (2)
10. Buffalo – 49.5 (2)
11. Edinboro – 45.5 (1)
12. Clarion – 39.5 (2)
13. George Mason – 39 (1)
14. Bloomsburg – 32.5 (1)
15. SIU – 31 (2)

10 hours ago, Mohammer said:

If mocco finishes 3rd today i like his chances to get at large bid, he’s has good tournament thus far and a strong finish today will help his cause

just the opposite for Koelling, disappointing performance in losing to and being eliminated by two very average wrestlers. Will be asking a lot to get at large bid

and what up with Mizzou heavy? Kid seems to be on a mission, not pretty to watch but grinds with heart

Not many upsets at 197 so I think Koelling will get an at large

On 3/7/2020 at 5:26 PM, tigerfan said:

Wow, Mocco got jobbed big time in his semifinal.  Down 4-3 with 30 sec left, he gets neutral on the edge, but immediately locks up a cradle.  Ref signals 2 td prematurely, and Mocco rolls him over 2 seconds later as time runs out the ref has counted 2 backs.  SIUE challenges the td call and wins, so they erase his escape, td, and backs and he has to start down with 19 sec remaining still down by 1.  He gives up 2 garbage backs at the last second when desperate.  If the ref had simply waited until Mocco rolled the cradle through, Mocco would have won 7-4.  Horrible.

Highlights everything blatantly wrong with current challenge rules. NCAA is borderline incompetent with some of their rule implementations