Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Will a PA boy become the greatest Iowa Hawkeye ever?

Saudi Arabia officials have arrested a female rapper after she posted a video on youtube.  From CNN: According to the Mecca region's official Twitter account, the governor of Mecca, Prince Khalid bin Faisal ordered the arrest of those responsible for producing the song, which, it said, "offends the customs and traditions of the people of Mecca and contradicts the identity and traditions of its esteemed population."

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I'm talking about Spencer Lee, of course.  He looks unstoppable and will roll to his 3rd straight NCAA title and the Hodge this year.  I think he becomes the greatest Hawkeye wrestler ever and as a PA native, that makes me quite proud!

PA natives are ashamed of you due to your lack of integrity when paying your debts.

This has always been one of the topics that kinda pisses me off the most.

Since when did we all decide you can't leave the state to attend college? What's it matter if he was from PA, AZ, NY, etc?

Spencer isn't a professional athlete, he's a "Student-Athlete". The University he choose to attend to wrestle at AND obtain his degree is located in Iowa. Furthermore, he isn't the first HS phenom to go elsewhere for college. 

Mocco left Jersey for Iowa/Ok

Metcalf left Michigan for VT/Iowa

Snyder didn't go to Maryland.

I've never heard/seen this being an issue with any other wrestler until Lee went to Iowa.

Some of Iowa's greatest aren't from Iowa.

The Williams brothers

The Banachs, Lincoln Mac, Ramos, Metcalf and on and on.

Jimmy wants to pretend he isn't attempting to troll here. 

Hey JC - be a man and at the very least, ACKNOWLEDGE that you can't/won't pay your debts. Be a man. For once in your life. 

21 minutes ago, Cementmixer103 said:

Since when did we all decide you can't leave the state to attend college? What's it matter if he was from PA, AZ, NY, etc?

It happened when the best kids from Ohio started going to Ohio State...

(I'll wait for the fallout)

I like Lee, I think he's great wrestler and a good kid. But even if he wins 4 titles I'm not sure I'd consider him the greatest Hawkeye ever. Hawkeye fans will probably be annoyed, but they should think of my comment as a great compliment.

Edited by TobusRex

13 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I like Lee, I think he's great wrestler and a good kid. But even if he wins 4 titles I'm not sure I'd consider him the greatest Hawkeye ever. Hawkeye fans will probably be annoyed, but they should think of my comment as a great compliment.

What if he makes the Olympic team this year and wins four titles? Who could you put above him?

1 minute ago, Eagle26 said:

What if he makes the Olympic team this year and wins four titles? Who could you put above him?

Oh man, there have been so many great Hawkeye wrestlers, and that's not even counting Gable, who although he wrestled at ISU is clearly the greatest Hawkeye nonetheless. Also, I don't really stack Olympic FS or Greco achievements on college careers. College wrestling is a different sport.

So I guess there's your answer. Until Spencer Lee wins 14 NCAA titles, like Gable did at Iowa, then Gable is the greatest Hawkeye (this coming from a non-Gable fan, btw). Lee could very well end up being the greatest Hawkeye WRESTLER, however. Semantics, really.

7 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Oh man, there have been so many great Hawkeye wrestlers, and that's not even counting Gable, who although he wrestled at ISU is clearly the greatest Hawkeye nonetheless. Also, I don't really stack Olympic FS or Greco achievements on college careers. College wrestling is a different sport.

So I guess there's your answer. Until Spencer Lee wins 14 NCAA titles, like Gable did at Iowa, then Gable is the greatest Hawkeye (this coming from a non-Gable fan, btw). Lee could very well end up being the greatest Hawkeye WRESTLER, however. Semantics, really.

Yeah I was taking it as greatest Hawkeye wrestler... if we are saying Hawkeye in general, it’s Gable and it’s not even close.

Well I certainly hope that Spencer Lee does become Iowa’s greatest. But are we measuring this by just his college seasons, or are we also looking at what happens internationally as well. If we count international results, I can think of both Brands Bro’s., Lincoln Mcilravy, Joe Williams, Barry Davis, Ed Banach, Royce Alger, Brent Metcalf(?). And of course there is probably a huge list of other guys that I didn’t mention, but are no less deserving. 

8 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I'm talking about Spencer Lee, of course.  He looks unstoppable and will roll to his 3rd straight NCAA title and the Hodge this year.  I think he becomes the greatest Hawkeye wrestler ever and as a PA native, that makes me quite proud!

You owe money to wrestling charities and refuse to pay your debts. You’re an absolute disgrace to the PA wrestling community.

17 hours ago, wrestlingzen said:

Wow. People seem to really be rallying against JC. He must be doing something right.

If the bets were for profit, I wouldn't care at all. I'd mind my business BUT the money was to benefit charity/wrestling clubs. That's ****ty. 

I'm not going to keep beating this dead horse but it's a crappy thing that he did.

I know, I know..its a internet message board, probably shouldn't be making bets with strangers. That doesn't make him not paying right. 

I hate liars.

23 hours ago, Cementmixer103 said:

Spencer isn't a professional athlete, he's a "Student-Athlete". The University he choose to attend to wrestle at AND obtain his degree is located in Iowa. Furthermore, he isn't the first HS phenom to go elsewhere for college. 

Mocco left Jersey for Iowa/Ok

Metcalf left Michigan for VT/Iowa

Snyder didn't go to Maryland.

I've never heard/seen this being an issue with any other wrestler until Lee went to Iowa.

Some of Iowa's greatest aren't from Iowa.

The Williams brothers

The Banachs, Lincoln Mac, Ramos, Metcalf and on and on.

Jimmy wants to pretend he isn't attempting to troll here. 

Hey JC - be a man and at the very least, ACKNOWLEDGE that you can't/won't pay your debts. Be a man. For once in your life. 

Exactly. Cael didn’t stay in Utah. Hall didn’t stay in Minnesota. Snyder Maryland. Bo Nickal Texas.  Zahid California. Etc.