shieldofpistis

How to view Big Ten Tournament

I was wondering how I can view the Big 10 tournament.  I have ESPN plus, plus all the ESPN channels on dish.  I also have Big 10.  

I do not support Flo wrestling because I think it's bad for wrestling.  I think it turns wrestling into a Niche sport.  I am not a believer in subscription based sports.  The golden age of boxing, for example, was when the major broadcasters aired the big fights.  When it went into pay per view model, it became smaller.  I believe pay per view works for UFC because there are so many free events, and ESPN plus is very cheap.   

I will probably get flamed for my comments about flow.  I vented.  But this thread was meant to ask the question how do I watch the Big 10 matches.  Am I SOL because I don't have Flow?

11 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I was wondering how I can view the Big 10 tournament.  I have ESPN plus, plus all the ESPN channels on dish.  I also have Big 10.  

I do not support Flo wrestling because I think it's bad for wrestling.  I think it turns wrestling into a Niche sport.  I am not a believer in subscription based sports.  The golden age of boxing, for example, was when the major broadcasters aired the big fights.  When it went into pay per view model, it became smaller.  I believe pay per view works for UFC because there are so many free events, and ESPN plus is very cheap.   

I will probably get flamed for my comments about flow.  I vented.  But this thread was meant to ask the question how do I watch the Big 10 matches.  Am I SOL because I don't have Flow?

Do you realize that the Big 10 tournament is put on by the Big 10?

Edited by ionel

4 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

so I go to Big Ten network website and there I can buy the package for the tournament?

If you already have the BTN you’ll be able to watch the finals. For the other 3 sessions, I guess you’ll need a BTN+ or Flo subscription. 

The Big 10 brass is certainly savvy enough to put the Big 10 championship on the  Big 10 Network, and only the Big  10 Network. My guess is you need both TV (BTN) and computer  (BTN+) to see everything. 

As for Flo, I dont want to torch you, but I will say I think you have your cause effect backward. Wrestling was a niche sport long before Flo existed. For example, there are 353 colleges and universities listed as Division I and only 73 have wrestling.  More DI schools have women's rowing. I dont think Flo really has anything to do with that. Men's swimming is certainly a niche sport and yet there are 134 DI programs. It just is what it is.

30 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

so I go to Big Ten network website and there I can buy the package for the tournament?

Like you, I don't support Flo. But you can purchase a monthly subscription to BTN+ ($14.95) to catch the Big Ten Championships up to the finals. I believe the finals are only on BTN. 

https://www.btnplus.com/packages

33 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I dont think you need to buy anything if BTN is included in your TV subscription. The BTN+ app will ask you which TV provider you have. It will then ask for your login credentials for your TV provider. After you provide them, the app will confirm that BTN is part of your package. If it is you are in.

25 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I dont think you need to buy anything if BTN is included in your TV subscription. The BTN+ app will ask you which TV provider you have. It will then ask for your login credentials for your TV provider. After you provide them, the app will confirm that BTN is part of your package. If it is you are in.

BTN+ is separate from BTN cable tv subscriptions. BTN2Go used to let you login with your tv provider credentials but stopped when they became BTN+. BTN and BTN+ are kind of two separate media companies now.

Edited by pamela

The Big 10 brass is certainly savvy enough to put the Big 10 championship on the  Big 10 Network, and only the Big  10 Network. My guess is you need both TV (BTN) and computer  (BTN+) to see everything. 
As for Flo, I dont want to torch you, but I will say I think you have your cause effect backward. Wrestling was a niche sport long before Flo existed. For example, there are 353 colleges and universities listed as Division I and only 73 have wrestling.  More DI schools have women's rowing. I dont think Flo really has anything to do with that. Men's swimming is certainly a niche sport and yet there are 134 DI programs. It just is what it is.

The fact that women's rowing is more popular than men's wrestling is a weird statistic. A sad one too.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Might also be good to point out to shieldofP that to be able to "view Big Ten Tournament" he will also need a tv, tablet or some other "viewing" device, a tricorder will probably not work.  If he doesn't have the cash to purchase a tv, his good buddy JC should have extra funds and be willing to loan a few hundred bucks for such a good cause.  ;)

11 hours ago, cjc007 said:

The fact that women's rowing is more popular than men's wrestling is a weird statistic. A sad one too.

11 hours ago, royalfan said:

This is the answer to the question for those that are not already subscribed to flo.  

Womens rowing doesn't show up on my Flo subscription, can't say that disappoints.  But I do have ~25 "sports" categories.  Watched pro cycling tour UAE stage event this last week, watching college baseball game later today, no wrestling this weekend but understand there will be a decent tournament on next weekend thus allowing watch the B12 thru Hulu or the E+ on the big TV and the B10 on the tablet or flip vice versa or go full scale 2 TVs and 2 tablets, wife out of town so ... ;)  Oh yeah just remembered wife doing an out of state girl friend thing so I'm doing a southern state 5 day cycling traing guy thing, century ride/race event Sat, looks like tablet & Fire stick & watch the recorded replays.  Ain't streaming grand and nice having the Flo & E+, well worth the montly!   :)

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Womens rowing doesn't show up on my Flo subscription, can't say that disappoints.  But I do have ~25 "sports" categories.  Watched pro cycling tour UAE stage event this last week, watching college baseball game later today, no wrestling this weekend but understand there will be a decent tournament on next weekend thus allowing watch the B12 thru Hulu or the E+ on the big TV and the B10 on the tablet or flip vice versa or go full scale 2 TVs and 2 tablets, wife out of town so ... ;)  Oh yeah just remembered wife doing an out of state girl friend thing so I'm doing a southern state 5 day cycling traing guy thing, century ride/race event Sat, looks like tablet & Fire stick & watch the recorded replays.  Ain't streaming grand and nice having the Flo & E+, well worth the montly!   :)

Hold up, what’s this about Big12 wrestling on Hulu and what’s E+? The B10 finals will also be on the Fox Sports app if you want to see it on TV and have Apple TV or a Roku.

2 hours ago, pamela said:

Hold up, what’s this about Big12 wrestling on Hulu and what’s E+? The B10 finals will also be on the Fox Sports app if you want to see it on TV and have Apple TV or a Roku.

Hulu has Fox Sports, so works on TV & tablet or can use FSgo app. Yeah I hadn't yet checked to see if any on ESPN+ maybe ACC or other over there, again can watch thru Fire Stick to get the E+ (live or replay) or thru the app.

-Rechecked and B12 on the ESPN+.

Edited by ionel

16 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Women’s rowing is absolutely not more popular than wrestling. Not even close. It was legislation  - not market forces (demand) - that caused so many colleges to add it. Looks at HS participation numbers (where scholarships aren’t a factor in participation), live audience figures, and TV viewership numbers. Not in the same ballpark.

Women’s rowing is absolutely not more popular than wrestling. Not even close. It was legislation  - not market forces (demand) - that caused so many colleges to add it. Looks at HS participation numbers (where scholarships aren’t a factor in participation), live audience figures, and TV viewership numbers. Not in the same ballpark.
They have more NCAA D 1 programs with more scholarships even though there aren't many (if any, I'm not looking it up) high school rowing programs.

Fascinating.

On 2/29/2020 at 2:12 PM, cjc007 said:

They have more NCAA D 1 programs with more scholarships even though there aren't many (if any, I'm not looking it up) high school rowing programs.

Fascinating.

Title IX

Title IX
Title 9 really has nothing to do with it.

If it was entirely Title 9. Then why do they have more programs than wrestling even though wrestling has more participants atbyge youth and high school level?

Why not add women's golf, softball,not basketball?

"We need to add a women's sport team to be title 9 compliment. Ok, let's add women's rowing (crew)."