Sign in to follow this  
Wrestleknownothing

Hey FLO, how about a little something for the effort?

I may know nothing about wrestling,  but I do know how to cite a source. You attribute a direct quote you read on your show to "somebody"?

You can, and should, do better. No one bothered to look in the rule book to challenge what one of your own guys thought was a specious claim. Know that it took me all of 5 minutes to find that rule.

9 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I may know nothing about wrestling,  but I do know how to cite a source. You attribute a direct quote you read on your show to "somebody"?

You can, and should, do better. No one bothered to look in the rule book to challenge what one of your own guys thought was a specious claim. Know that it took me all of 5 minutes to find that rule.

they need to hire that pat mineo guy

I'm just busting chops here. I am a happy Flo subscriber. I think they do a great job and have enjoyed their growing content. And for me the price is right. The way I look at it, it would cost me a multiple of what I am spending to go see live everything I see on Flo. To my way of thinking they are doing a lot to grow the sport.

Well today they called themat "that terrible forum."   Not sure why all the hate when they're checking it for rules clarifications and from what I've seen seems like twitter/facebook comments are often worse.   oh well. 

Edited by 1032004

39 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Well today they called themat "that terrible forum."   Not sure why all the hate when they're checking it for rules clarifications and from what I've seen seems like twitter/facebook comments are often worse.   oh well. 

Yea, on Friday's episode Nomad called message board participants "idiots" or some derogatory variation thereof.

The same people that are paying for FLO memberships, listening to FRL, etc.  These FLO guys don't seem to care or understand who is "buttering their bread".

They don't like this forum because they have zero control of it.  They can control the conversations on Twitter and Facebook.

But in my experience, the people who post on here are "generally" more knowledgeable than anywhere else.

I find it really interesting the stance Flo chooses to take about this board. They choose to say it’s a terrible forum full of idiots. Personally I think it would be smarter to engage more with this community because it could drive a lot of discussion and the non troll boards can give them insights into what fans are thinking and talking about. But alas, we are just a bunch of idiots that should be shamed because we have no clue what we are talking about. 

10 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I find it really interesting the stance Flo chooses to take about this board. They choose to say it’s a terrible forum full of idiots. Personally I think it would be smarter to engage more with this community because it could drive a lot of discussion and the non troll boards can give them insights into what fans are thinking and talking about. But alas, we are just a bunch of idiots that should be shamed because we have no clue what we are talking about. 

I feel like that was just Nomad being Nomad.

Spey comes in here all the time and engages intelligently.

I've learned to ignore everything Nomad says above a certain pitch. When that voice gets real high is when the too hot takes come out.

9 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

So funny because they'll got starts from posting on forums.Some posters on here are more informed then Nomad is anyway.Not sure why he's all the sudden getting cocky.Hes a freestyle guy doesn't know much about Ncaa

25 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I feel like that was just Nomad being Nomad.

Spey comes in here all the time and engages intelligently.

I've learned to ignore everything Nomad says above a certain pitch. When that voice gets real high is when the too hot takes come out.

^this

No one on this here wrestling forum knows nothing more than knownothing.  :)

This is their method of "engaging" the community. By insulting it they have driven many of us to chat about them, good or bad. Whether it's a good idea or not I cannot say. I will say that I feel the quality that Flo is putting out has stagnated and when it comes to FRL has regressed slightly since Willy left (though I do enjoy the times that Askren is on). 

On 2/29/2020 at 1:52 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

I feel as though this post's last paragraph should have stated, "Please see the attached resume. References available upon reuqest."

Just now, npope said:

If you do a quick search on the proper use of dashes I think you will find me to be on safe ground - grammatically speaking.

LOL.  I didn't even notice your, 'dash',( that's what she said, I know)was referring to FLO's use of the, 'dash.'