Cary by the Lake

EIWAs at Lehigh, 3/6-7/2020

**** It looks like a 4 team race: Lehigh, Army, Princeton and Cornell, with Navy not too far behind.  Not as big time as B1G, with many sure fire AAs but a number of really good wrestlers there.  Some of the contenders:

125: Glory, Paetzell,  Colaiocco, Chalifoux, Curry and LaJoie.

133: Tucker, Farro, Wert, Trampe, Miller, Ferrante.

141: Zapf, Profaci, Baughman, Kazimir, Pomrinca.

149: Kolodzik, Clarke, Hoffman, Richard, Ogunsanya.

157: Monday, Hartman, Humphreys, Artalona and Ladnier.

165: Skidgel, Conigliaro, Jarrell, McCormick and Hartman.

174: Kutler, Harvey O'Malley and Parker.

184: DePrez, Weiler, Stewart, Harvey, Stefanik and Lowe.

197: Darmstadt, Brucki, Jakobsen, Koser and Phipps

285: Wood, Slavikouski, Sullivan and Furman 

Who is planning on going?  I know D3 for LU, MS64, Mookie and some others will be there.  Who else? 

41 minutes ago, Cary by the Lake said:

174: Kutler, Harvey O'Malley and Parker.

I'd list Womack at 174; if he's healthy (big if), he's a possible finalist.

41 minutes ago, Cary by the Lake said:

Who is planning on going?  I know D3 for LU, MS64, Mookie and some others will be there.  Who else? 

Not this year, Bob - the High School Musical is the same weekend, and my daughter - a senior - has the lead.  I'll be following along from home, though!

2 minutes ago, Cary by the Lake said:

**** Blades:  I hope this is the last daughter and the last play.  D3 and I miss hanging out with you.  I agree about Womack, but his health as been marginal all year.

This is the last one in High School, but the older one is in the music theater program at Syracuse - we saw her first college performance a few weeks ago.

The younger one is looking to go into MT also - still waiting on the acceptance list, but she's got a couple of good options on the table already.

I just hope they can eat after they graduate!

1 hour ago, Show_Me said:

When will Seeds be released ?

Interested to see where Prince (Navy) & Artalona (Penn) are placed as they will have to “steal” an AQ bid to qualify.

Seeds aren't finalized until weigh-ins.  We'll have some word on pre-seeds in the next day or two.

15 hours ago, D3 for LU said:

RB... sorry that we will be missing you plus your family posse in tow.

Trust me when I say this that Bob, & Son + yours truly will tip an ale in your direction sir!

Sláinte mhaith!  :>D

D3, you guys wouldn't really want me there - I'd be rooting against the Mountain Buzzards! }:-)

But all kidding aside - I expect Lehigh will be the favorite on their home mats to win a third consecutive EIWA title, followed very closely by Princeton; Cornell and Army will likely slug it out for 3rd place.  Navy, Penn, Hofstra and Columbia round out the top 8.

Still, it should be interesting this year...

sláinte agatsa!

Edited by red blades

1 hour ago, klehner said:

I"m sorry, but Darmstadt as the #4 seed?  In what world did that seeding take place?  He pounded Brucki (#1 seed), and shut out Jakobsen (the #3 seed) 8-0.  Because Darmstadt doesn't have an RPI?

Yes.  Same as Kolodzik.

1 hour ago, Show_Me said:

Awesome !!  The first pre-Seeds out.  Thanks.

So Jared Prince will be "randomly drawn" to face one of the 8 seeded wrestlers at 149 correct ?

Not random.  Since he's a past finalist the coaches can choose to seed him below the number of automatic qualifiers.

3 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

Not random.  Since he's a past finalist the coaches can choose to seed him below the number of automatic qualifiers.

So, although he is not pre-Seeded in the Top 8, the Coaches could decide to Seed him as high as 5th (as there are 4 AQ's).  

Is Prince the only "past finalist" that was NOT pre-Seeded that could still be Seeded by the Coaches ?

2 hours ago, jdalu75 said:

Someone once said “last year doesn’t count.” So I am not sure why there is such a disparaging difference between the pre seeds and head to head wins this season and as recent as a month ago.  

Does anyone know who does these pre seeds?  Or are they simply based off RPI? 

Either way, last years pre seeds were much different than the actual seeds.  

Edited by Cptafw164

4 hours ago, klehner said:

I"m sorry, but Darmstadt as the #4 seed?  In what world did that seeding take place?  He pounded Brucki (#1 seed), and shut out Jakobsen (the #3 seed) 8-0.  Because Darmstadt doesn't have an RPI?

I think they should just flip Brucki and Koser at 1-2.  That would be about right.

(Some of these are so bad it's comical!)

Edited by red blades

58 minutes ago, red blades said:

I think they should just flip Brucki and Koser at 1-2.  That would be about right.

(Some of these are so bad it's comical!)

Almost like a Lehigh homer made them.  

4 hours ago, jdalu75 said:

Yes.  Same as Kolodzik.

Trampe doesn’t have an RPI either being he only has 10 matches.  So why the second seed?  Seems the “NO RPI” excuse is flimsy.  

2 minutes ago, Cptafw164 said:

Trampe doesn’t have an RPI either being he only has 10 matches.  So why the second seed?  Seems the “NO RPI” excuse is flimsy.  

NCAA doesn't agree with you. He's 26th but 3rd EIWA RPI at weight.

37 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

NCAA doesn't agree with you. He's 26th but 3rd EIWA RPI at weight.

How can he have an EIWA RPI?  You need 15 matches to have an RPI.  JDALU said Darmstadt was seeded 4th because he doesn’t have an RPI.  Trampe doesn’t have one either.  True, he is the third EIWA in the COACHES PANEL, but he is not listed in the RPI.  

i am just sitting here wondering how someone like Darmstadt, who is ranked in the top 5 in every ranking not named “RPI” can get a 4 seed, but Trampe get a 2 seed with really NOTHING to his resume.  

In fact, can someone tell me why Trampe was ranked 10th in the nation on Intermat the whole season despite finishing 4th in the EIWA, 1-2 at nationals and no ranked wins on the year?  Someone is propping that young man up.  

Edited by Cptafw164

3 minutes ago, Show_Me said:

133 is MUCH different than 197 in EIWA.

jdalu will correct me if I am wrong.

Ok, so it is just some random “I think this wrestler should be here” methodology.  Not “he doesn’t have an RPI, like kolodzik.”  

Does JDALU make these pre seeds?