Bronco

PAC 12 press release on 2020 PAC 12 tournament today

https://pac-12.com/article/2020/02/28/stanford-hosts-2020-pac-12-wrestling-championships

The first and second rounds, plus the consolation semifinals, will be streamed live on Pac-12.com. The championship rounds, which begin at 6 p.m. PT, will be televised live on Pac-12 Networks.

So, like last year, the only matches that will be "televised" will be the championship round matches.  But you can see SOME of the first and second round matches  & some of the consolation semi's via streaming video on the Pac-12.com website.

Edited by Bronco
additioon

I think everything but the finals will be streaming for free on pac-12.com, is that right?

Also is it just me, or did the ticket prices go up? Or were the $15/10/5 tix early bird prices or something?

Also also, I wonder if Adeline Gray will be in attendance. 

16 minutes ago, pamela said:

I think everything but the finals will be streaming for free on pac-12.com, is that right?

Also is it just me, or did the ticket prices go up? Or were the $15/10/5 tix early bird prices or something?

Also also, I wonder if Adeline Gray will be in attendance. 

Two  years ago in Corvallis they were $20 for all sessions - up $5.  Yes, I believe you are correct - the finals are on the network and the others streaming for free on Pac12. It was the same last year. I watched all of the matches at home up until the finals then had to go to my dad's house for the finals on satellite. 

I have my doubts...they never have.

They had a true 2nd bout at 197 last year.

“ In addition to Traxler, Lane also qualifies for the NCAA Championships after he earned a true second in the allocation match against Harris.”

https://pac-12.com/article/2019/03/09/stanford-captures-first-pac-12-wrestling-title?amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

They had a true 2nd bout at 197 last year.

“ In addition to Traxler, Lane also qualifies for the NCAA Championships after he earned a true second in the allocation match against Harris.”

https://pac-12.com/article/2019/03/09/stanford-captures-first-pac-12-wrestling-title?amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they have always wrestled the matches (believe only the ACC, Big Ten, and EIWA don't)...the Pac-12 just always cuts the stream before the matches.

Edit to add: misread the question completely.

Edited by SetonHallPirate

1 hour ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Yes, they have always wrestled the matches (believe only the ACC, Big Ten, and EIWA don't)...the Pac-12 just always cuts the stream before the matches.

Edit to add: misread the question completely.

Yes they get wrestled after the finals are over so they must not want to keep streaming. If the other conference had a situation with two AQ an the third place guy hadn't wrestled the second guy, why would they not wrestle that  match? It seems like it would be a consistent rule for all conferences????

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

Yes they get wrestled after the finals are over so they must not want to keep streaming. If the other conference had a situation with two AQ an the third place guy hadn't wrestled the second guy, why would they not wrestle that  match? It seems like it would be a consistent rule for all conferences????

Yah, in this situation it would be weird not to have true seconds. Doing so also discourages guys from dropping out of the tournament once they hit the consi side. 

With the addition of Little Rock, there will be 6 Teams.

Will the #1 & #2 Seeds automatically receive Byes in the Quarters (or) will the Byes be drawn randomly ?

Edited by Show_Me

3 hours ago, Show_Me said:

Will the #1 & #2 Seeds automatically receive Byes in the Quarters (or) will the Byes be drawn randomly ?

Last time they had 6 in 2017 they were drawn in. 

6 hours ago, Show_Me said:

Sources tell me that the #1 and 2 seeds will automatically receive quarterfinal byes.

3 minutes ago, pamela said:

If his situation was somehow (miraculously) resolved next week, would he still be eligible for an at-large NCAA bid?

I don't think so.  I believe you have to wrestle in the Qualifier to be eligible for NCAA.

2 minutes ago, Show_Me said:

I don't think so.  I believe you have to wrestle in the Qualifier to be eligible for NCAA.

Got it, thanks! So it sounds like we’ll know for sure in a few days if his college wrestling career is over. Yikes

Unless Zeke Jones really wanted to screw over his own conference, there is NO way he would've listed Austin Clayton for the last coaches' ranking if there was any way Zahid would be wrestling at Pac-12s.

Sorry, but if Zahid wrestles this weekend at Maples, please hook me up to an AED on the spot.

1 hour ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Unless Zeke Jones really wanted to screw over his own conference, there is NO way he would've listed Austin Clayton for the last coaches' ranking if there was any way Zahid would be wrestling at Pac-12s.

Sorry, but if Zahid wrestles this weekend at Maples, please hook me up to an AED on the spot.

Agreed - as I have posted before- They technically earned 2 at 184 and the only way they lose it is if Zahid doesn't wrestle at the PAC 12 tournament, then it goes into the at-large bids for 184. However the allocations earned was NOW only 1 by Colt Doyle. If it was still up in the air they would have kept it at 2 and waited - but they didn't - they just went to 1 allocation. So it appears it is set that they will get one by Colt Doyle because Zahid isn't wrestling.  I don't see Zeke entering someone else then screwing everyone over by putting Zahid in at last minute. If that happened either Zeke would be in scumbag territory or the PAC 12 would have to get their 2nd allocation back.  

Edited by Idaho