Marcus Cisero

There Are 14 Unbeaten Wrestlers This Season

How many stay undefeated after this weekend?

My picks:

• Spencer Lee
  • Jack Mueller
  • Pat Glory
  • Nick Lee
  • Cenzo
  • Deaken
  • Griffith
  • Noah Adams
  • Mason Parris

BNxEzOondoIk0W4z1OD8ic6NvbHaL7U9kN_7sYeUJxX1Me2qY3-dSKpG9aN172GrfO3oWFH_YIDadg=s1080-nd

Edited by Marcus Cisero

I have always felt the most exciting NCAAs were the ones with the most undefeated guys especially if their in the same weights.  

Guys dominating and not seeing each other in the season can be a good thing. 

41 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

West Virginia with the only undefeated wrestler in the big 12

Clearly a tougher conference than say the b10 with what ... 8 undefeated? Or is it they just don't quack in the b12?  ;) 

;_;

8 minutes ago, ionel said:

Clearly a tougher conference than say the b10 with what ... 8 undefeated? Or is it they just don't quack in the b12?  ;) 

;_;

I just think Noah Adams is the real deal , he’s going to help bring up West Virginia 

Edited by Antitroll2828

1 hour ago, Marcus Cisero said:

My picks:

• Spencer Lee
  • Jack Mueller
  • Pat Glory
  • Nick Lee
  • Cenzo
  • Deaken
  • Griffith
  • Noah Adams
  • Mason Parris

BNxEzOondoIk0W4z1OD8ic6NvbHaL7U9kN_7sYeUJxX1Me2qY3-dSKpG9aN172GrfO3oWFH_YIDadg=s1080-nd

Who do you have beating Kollin Moore?  I don't see him losing.

So annoying seeing how few matches some of those guys wrestled. Lee at 15 is pushing it, but Kolodzik at 10-0, Steveson/Mueller at 12-0, and Kemmerer at 13-0 seems pretty weak. Are guys actively avoiding competition during the season or something? I could see how they'd be fresh for postseason, but can guys with so few matches under their belt be as sharp as they'd be if they had at least 20 matches under their belts?

5 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

So annoying seeing how few matches some of those guys wrestled. Lee at 15 is pushing it, but Kolodzik at 10-0, Steveson/Mueller at 12-0, and Kemmerer at 13-0 seems pretty weak. Are guys actively avoiding competition during the season or something? I could see how they'd be fresh for postseason, but can guys with so few matches under their belt be as sharp as they'd be if they had at least 20 matches under their belts?

Mueller always has me crossed up. last season he had about as worse strength of schedule as anyone in his weight and this year he is no where to be found.

44 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

Mueller always has me crossed up. last season he had about as worse strength of schedule as anyone in his weight and this year he is no where to be found.

He always seems to be ranked in the top 10.

Kinda reminds me of some of those hillbilly teams in Oklahoma when I was in HS. The guys in NE Oklahoma competed against a lot of Missouri/Kansas teams. You'd run into those guys and they'd have 35-40 matches under their belts, and they were usually nowhere as good as their record would indicate (never the less I did face off against one who was a 3 time state runnerup).

3 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Steveson won the Farrell and has been training freestyle, plus he missed the first part of the season due to that inquiry...

lee wrestled and trained freestyle, winning the Open. 

kemerer is on a pitch count. He was coming off major surgery. 

mueller was injured for a month of the season

Kolodzik came out of redshirt 3 weeks ago

It is a combination of Olympics and injuries

8 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

My picks:

• Spencer Lee
  • Jack Mueller
  • Pat Glory
  • Nick Lee
  • Cenzo
  • Deaken
  • Griffith
  • Noah Adams
  • Mason Parris

You don't think Tucker and Kolodzik will win EIWAs?  Who beats Moore at B10s?

Of your projected winners, Parris and Cenzo are probably the shakiest, and I won't be shocked if Paetzell takes out Glory.

That said, I agree with your picks, while adding Tucker, Kolodzik, Moore and Kemerer to mine.

9 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

My picks:

• Spencer Lee
  • Jack Mueller
  • Pat Glory
  • Nick Lee
  • Cenzo
  • Deaken
  • Griffith
  • Noah Adams
  • Mason Parris

Actually 15 - Zahid Valencia is unbeaten and I predict he will stay undefeated this season.

5 hours ago, Sublime607 said:

Mueller's top wrestling gives him a huge advantage against anyone but Lee (and maybe Glory), and I doubt he even has to work on it that much.  I'm not sure he has to be at his best to beat most of this year's 125ers.

4 hours ago, TobusRex said:

He always seems to be ranked in the top 10.

Kinda reminds me of some of those hillbilly teams in Oklahoma when I was in HS. The guys in NE Oklahoma competed against a lot of Missouri/Kansas teams. You'd run into those guys and they'd have 35-40 matches under their belts, and they were usually nowhere as good as their record would indicate (never the less I did face off against one who was a 3 time state runnerup).

And Mueller was an NCAA finalist last year...

9 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

My picks:

• Spencer Lee
  • Jack Mueller
  • Pat Glory
  • Nick Lee
  • Cenzo
  • Deaken
  • Griffith
  • Noah Adams
  • Mason Parris

Who do you think beats Kolodzik? Jared Prince? 

13 minutes ago, MDogg said:

Who do you think beats Kolodzik? Jared Prince? 

I’m picking Kolo but he was mostly training freestyle until a month ago and has very few matches. I don’t think he has had a match blow his lungs out. 

he is the best wrestler of the group, but tournaments are tough when you aren’t in post season shape. The only way to get there is to wrestle.

Prince on top might tire Kolodzik out for example. I don’t think it’s that crazy

11 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

This just in Noah Adam's to the transfer portal.

(Joke:haha)

I hope not, but only because I like Flynn. 

Wouldn’t be shocked though if he places high. It must be tempting to go to a trophy challenger school. UNC, NC State, Wisconsin and Rutgers could all use the help at that weight. Bono is probably trying to recruit him already

5 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I hope not, but only because I like Flynn. 

Wouldn’t be shocked though if he places high. It must be tempting to go to a trophy challenger school. UNC, NC State, Wisconsin and Rutgers could all use the help at that weight. Bono is probably trying to recruit him already

Wait but Seth Gross promised Bono never contacted him at all once Bono left SDSU. Bono would never engage in shady recruiting tactics. 

/sarcasm