Panther78

Penn State suffers critical loss!!!

I'm at work and don't have time to do any research. Can you tell me what this is in reference to?

Ruth blew ~3x the legal limit when arrested at Taco Bell mid-week in early December his senior year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, russelscout said:

The saddest part of this story is that anyone was upset over the loss of Taco Bell. These kids have clearly never had Taco Johns and they are lost.

I’ve eaten at that Taco Bell 16 years ago, as well as the Taco Johns in Ames, Iowa more recently. I would agree to disagree. 

4 minutes ago, Animal197 said:

I’ve eaten at that Taco Bell 16 years ago, as well as the Taco Johns in Ames, Iowa more recently. I would agree to disagree. 

I'm still confused as I thought a tacojohn is where you go/what you use after you eat at Taco Bell.  . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Taco Bell is not great but if you held a gun to my head and made me pick I would go Taco Bell over Taco Johns any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

IMHO -  to get a decent taco you need to find a taco truck. 

6 hours ago, russelscout said:

Like I said, it's highly dependent on which one you go to.

Agreed. I've been to some good Taco John's in Wyoming (where they started), and some not-so great in the midwest (although some have been good, others were dumps.)

Taco Bell, on the other hand - meh at best, regardless of location.

Neither is going to win any 'best taco' awards. (But TJ's maybe could earn a top potatoes/sour-cream combo award.)

... has the B1G tournament started yet? Jeez, this week is taking forever to get through.

6 hours ago, russelscout said:

Like I said, it's highly dependent on which one you go to.

I think in college I would have preferred the oles to traditional nachos, especially after drinking on the weekends. My introduction to taco Johns was literally my first meal in Iowa after driving from California (where I lived the previous 3 years) so I wasn’t quite prepared for that take on mexican food!

The last two times I ever ate at a Taco Bell I got food poisoning (at two separate locations in two different states).  I've never eaten at a Taco Bell since then even tho the closest fast food restaurant to my home is a Taco Bell.

I prefer Del Taco these days.

5 hours ago, neutralpositionref said:

Well, what in the heck am I supposed to eat during the breaks at the Olympic Trials if there is no Taco Bell?

Scrapple, ShoFlyPie. Lebanon Bologna (not that sweet ****)