Sign in to follow this  
leshismore

Walsh Ironman 2020 Who does he need to contact to get this done?

On 3/3/2020 at 11:57 AM, leshismore said:

A coach I know wants his wrestler, who just won NY State, to wrestle in the Walsh Ironman 2020.  

Who does he need to contact to get this done?

Thanks in advance.

Eastern States not elite enough?  Maybe Eastern staff should bring back California teams to score 275 points against the rest of the field.  I was talking to a referee that year at the tourney and North Clovis decimated the team competition by over 100 points.  He said, "I don't think Clovis is that good a team."  I said, "They just rolled the best in NY like they were going against JV!"  He didn't respond to that. 

I don't mean to downplay eastern states, but it isn't near the level of Beast, Ironman, Powerade...which is what they are wanting it to become.    

Lastly, KUDOS to wanting to get your guy against better competition!

17 hours ago, Cptafw164 said:

Eastern States not elite enough?  Maybe Eastern staff should bring back California teams to score 275 points against the rest of the field.  I was talking to a referee that year at the tourney and North Clovis decimated the team competition by over 100 points.  He said, "I don't think Clovis is that good a team."  I said, "They just rolled the best in NY like they were going against JV!"  He didn't respond to that. 

I don't mean to downplay eastern states, but it isn't near the level of Beast, Ironman, Powerade...which is what they are wanting it to become.    

No one is saying that Eastern States is at the level of Beast, Ironman, or Powerade.  But it is a great tournament...and good enough for Wyoming Seminary to attend.  

The top 3 placers at Eastern States would certainly be all that Clovis (or any team) could handle.  

18 hours ago, Cptafw164 said:

When were CA teams at the Eastern States?

20 hours ago, Cptafw164 said:

This post is either a blatant lie or total troll job of a wrestling tournament... Clovis has never been to Eastern States and in the 16 year history has no champions there so what you stated is basically impossible... Also, Wyoming Seminary has been a recent attendee and I doubt you would refer to them as “JV” caliber wrestlers...

Its a tough tournament but never have they claimed to be Ironman or Powerade and I’m sure they would welcome more and better competition.

Edited by DoubleHalf

On 3/6/2020 at 12:19 PM, DoubleHalf said:

This post is either a blatant lie or total troll job of a wrestling tournament... Clovis has never been to Eastern States and in the 16 year history has no champions there so what you stated is basically impossible... Also, Wyoming Seminary has been a recent attendee and I doubt you would refer to them as “JV” caliber wrestlers...

Its a tough tournament but never have they claimed to be Ironman or Powerade and I’m sure they would welcome more and better competition.

I. Sorry, it was Clovis WEST High School.  2014.  They did not have a champ, but they beat 5e best N.Y. had to offer in the team race.  And they weren’t even a top 10 CA team that year.    

https://www.newyorkwrestlingnews.com/news_article/show/326921-eastern-states-recap-highlights-and-notes-from-the-weekend-at-suny-sullivan

So, do better research so you don’t look like an idiot when you are trying to insult someone.  Jeez, it’s so easy with some people on this board.

1 hour ago, leshismore said:

Sorry. My bad.  Need to brush up on my reading skills.  Thanks again for the link.

No problem.  It was a “one off” that they came.  It was good for the tournament to have them there, but bad they won.  

The problem with eastern states is recruiting deep teams that ARENT already scheduled for Beast, Walsh, Powerade, and Doc B.  

Instead of competing with those tournaments, it should be pitched as a stepping stone for invites to major tournaments in the future.  

Easterns are still great for NYS schools because it is another venue to for wrestlers to get some good H2H and steal/earn state qual points.  

6 hours ago, Cptafw164 said:

No problem.  It was a “one off” that they came.  It was good for the tournament to have them there, but bad they won.  

The problem with eastern states is recruiting deep teams that ARENT already scheduled for Beast, Walsh, Powerade, and Doc B.  

Instead of competing with those tournaments, it should be pitched as a stepping stone for invites to major tournaments in the future.  

Easterns are still great for NYS schools because it is another venue to for wrestlers to get some good H2H and steal/earn state qual points.  

Completely agree.  Good points. 

I personally think Easterns could do a much better job at getting more teams from around the country. But for some reason, they don't ask for my advice ;-))))

Sem is an amazing team... wish more would come.

1 minute ago, leshismore said:

Completely agree.  Good points. 

I personally think Easterns could do a much better job at getting more teams from around the country. But for some reason, they don't ask for my advice ;-))))

Sem is an amazing team... wish more would come.

Yeah!  There is a plethora of schools in New England, NJ and PA that only have ONE ranked guy on the team. Especially some parochials who are lower tier, team wise, compared to other parochials.  They will have one maybe two ranked/bubble guys with the rest of the team having some solid guys to add to the tourney.  

Maryland is much more solid than it was a decade ago, so recruiting the MD/VA footprint might get some teams to bite.  Easterns should be able to get geographically aligned teams from the bottom 15 of the fab 50 should schedule permit.  

although eastern states is not elite in my eyes, slouches don’t win it and colleges scout it.  If I were a coach in the northeast without invites to the elite ones but had some state placers on the roster, I would be lobbying to get my team in so wrestlers can get exposed and possibly realize potential they didn’t know they had!

cptafw is clown shoes. goes back to Eastern states a decade ago...constantly. just stfu. your best CA teams were coming to Ironman forever and never sniffed a title. when clovis was amazing, did they ever even take top 5? name the cali Ironman champs over the years. Do you know where cali stands in average annual NCAA's each year?

and in the year you keep cherry picking, not one Clovis West wrestler won a title. 

just shut up. 

Edited by Husker_Du

11 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

cptafw is clown shoes. goes back to Eastern states a decade ago...constantly. just stfu. your best CA teams were coming to Ironman forever and never sniffed a title. when clovis was amazing, did they ever even take top 5? name the cali Ironman champs over the years. Do you know where cali stands in average annual NCAA's each year?

and in the year you keep cherry picking, not one Clovis West wrestler won a title. 

just shut up. 

Well that’s an intelligent way to discuss a topic.  I don’t know you but I see why people on here generally think poorly of you.