shieldofpistis

How far could Spencer Lee go up and win?

I am not an Iowa fan but that does not mean I do not appreciate the abilities and talents of Spencer Lee.  So many of his techs come quickly.  There really is no reason to think Lee won't win 4 titles in a row.  In jury is always a possibility, though.  One thing I like about Lee is that after he wins in dual meets, he is quick to cheer on his teammates.  Their success matters to him.  

My question is simply.  How many weight classes could Lee go up and win.  This question assumes Lee stays with his current height.....but with each weight class up he would have more muscle and not cut weight.  But basically I am asking about  a more muscular Lee in his current body. 

Would he able able to win the 133 title this year?  The 141 title?  Are there any years where you think Lee could have won the 141 title?

31 minutes ago, pamela said:

He’s a tremendous talent but I’m not even sure he’d win B1Gs at 133. If you include guys who are RS/ORS this season, like Micic, Fix or Yianni (at 141), forget it. It would be fun to see him and Tariq go, though. lol

Well, one guy currently at 133 beat him 2x last year. 

Edited by TBar1977

38 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I am not an Iowa fan but that does not mean I do not appreciate the abilities and talents of Spencer Lee.  So many of his techs come quickly.  There really is no reason to think Lee won't win 4 titles in a row.  In jury is always a possibility, though.  One thing I like about Lee is that after he wins in dual meets, he is quick to cheer on his teammates.  Their success matters to him.  

My question is simply.  How many weight classes could Lee go up and win.  This question assumes Lee stays with his current height.....but with each weight class up he would have more muscle and not cut weight.  But basically I am asking about  a more muscular Lee in his current body. 

Would he able able to win the 133 title this year?  The 141 title?  Are there any years where you think Lee could have won the 141 title?

If his height is set, I suspect he'd have trouble with guys like Lee and Wilson at 141, and I'm not sure why he'd suddenly throttle Rivera up a weight.

Nor do I see him turning guys like Gross or RBY at 133, so I really have no idea.

Hell, I'd love to see him go live with DeSanto in the practice room this year, and am curious if he can muscle him around at all.

7 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

We already know DeSanto can beat him...

(I'll wait quietly for the fallout.) 

That was one of the greatest matches I've ever seen, at any level.  The final scramble as the clock ticked down was absolutely epic, and I'm pretty sure I was holding my breath.

I thought Spencer Lee was injured when he wrestled at states his senior year, but I think ADS today would beat Spencer at 133. He’dkeep it close for the first 2 periods and out motor him in the 3rd.

43 minutes ago, pamela said:

I thought Spencer Lee was injured when he wrestled at states his senior year, but I think ADS today would beat Spencer at 133. He’dkeep it close for the first 2 periods and out motor him in the 3rd.

How many 'states' were there? 

Well, the guy he handled in his first championship bumped up and won 133 last year, so it's crazy to think he wouldn't be in the mix. But it would certainly be a lot more competitive. At 141, AAing wouldn't be easy. He's just too small.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He stays at 125 or he gets beat by the top guys one weight up. He won't be able to handle the difference in the second and especially the third periods. He'll do well in the first but find a lot of his takedowns stopped and he's gassing a lot faster than now. Gross might even pin him.

This is a suck-up thread. Everyone is a "god" until someone comes up a slaps them in the face - we've seen it happen time-and-time again in our sport. Lee's "iron" is no better than the next "superman's" iron.

2 hours ago, pamela said:

He was (ACL tear), and even injured, probably wins that match 9/10 times.

But the one they actually wrestled was an all-timer.  Both attacked the whole match, with few, if any, real mistakes.

And when you watch the previous year's final, where Spencer teched him (and pushed his face into the mat getting up), it puts the match into perspective.

Mind, I'm not even a huge ADS fan (although I respect his wrestling ability immensely).