VegasBuckeye

Anthony Echemendia is enrolling at OSU in May 2020?

Huge for Ohio State next year as long as he can remain qualified. Seems to me he has the flexibility to go several different weights allowing their lineup to slot in around him.

Good article detailing the process for him and where he may slot in next year.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-wrestling/2020/03/112608/wrestling-highly-anticipated-recruit-anthony-echemendia-officially-admitted-to-ohio-state

Edited by DocBZ

2 hours ago, Gantry said:

How do you enroll for school in May?  Maybe they start summer classes early?

I took what we called Maymester. You could take an entire class in 3 weeks, but it was 2.5 hours a day 5 days a week. It’s a good way to get a class out of the way quickly and get some credits. 

You can enroll now for summer classes if you want. Doesn't change the actual start date of the classes just because you enrolled... unless it's one of those online deals where you have a year to finish. 

3 hours ago, IronChef said:

It is really something how much you hate this guy.

I don't hate the guy, I think that people told him how to game the system and used him to boost themselves up.  It's sad that when people question the shady and unusual circumstances of him arriving in the US they get called haters or racist.  Not to mention and just by chance going to a dominant high school wrestling powerhouse, who happened to have an assistant coach in Panama who is supposedly related to him at a training camp that he disappeared from, and then shows up with handwritten transcripts on legal paper and no proper ID.  Yeah, just all a coincidence I guess. But I still don't see why anyone is that high on him.  I'm sure if you took somebody who was old enough to have finished college and let them loose on high school kids they'd probably do pretty well. 

12 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I took what we called Maymester. You could take an entire class in 3 weeks, but it was 2.5 hours a day 5 days a week. It’s a good way to get a class out of the way quickly and get some credits. 

I wouldn’t think that would be the best idea for someone who speaks English as a second language though and has only been in the country a couple years?

Regular summer classes are probably a good idea to get acclimated though.  Likely less distractions than during the regular school year.

45 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I wouldn’t think that would be the best idea for someone who speaks English as a second language though and has only been in the country a couple years?

Regular summer classes are probably a good idea to get acclimated though.  Likely less distractions than during the regular school year.

Our universities are filled with foreign students who speak English as a second language, not sure why that is an issue? 

Just now, jeffrideal said:

Our universities are filled with foreign students who speak English as a second language, not sure why that is an issue? 

How proficient is Echemendia at English though?  I think it’s more of an issue for a class that crams an entire semester of work into a couple weeks (if he’s even taking one of those).   Those classes are tough for anyone, I think it’d be especially tough for someone still new to the US.

25 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

How proficient is Echemendia at English though?  I think it’s more of an issue for a class that crams an entire semester of work into a couple weeks (if he’s even taking one of those).   Those classes are tough for anyone, I think it’d be especially tough for someone still new to the US.

In a normal one, sure. I’m pretty confident schools with a focus on athletics will have a couple maymester classes that aren’t all that tough to help the athletes get some credits quickly. 

not defending it, but I bet you this happens everywhere. It’s not usually for wrestlers though 

6 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

I don't hate the guy, I think that people told him how to game the system and used him to boost themselves up.  It's sad that when people question the shady and unusual circumstances of him arriving in the US they get called haters or racist.  Not to mention and just by chance going to a dominant high school wrestling powerhouse, who happened to have an assistant coach in Panama who is supposedly related to him at a training camp that he disappeared from, and then shows up with handwritten transcripts on legal paper and no proper ID.  Yeah, just all a coincidence I guess. But I still don't see why anyone is that high on him.  I'm sure if you took somebody who was old enough to have finished college and let them loose on high school kids they'd probably do pretty well. 

Why don’t you just spell out what you are suggesting. What do you think Echemedia is lying about? His age? 

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Maybe he is taking English classes.

I say good luck to this kid, er, dude. What weight will he be?  149?