Sign in to follow this  
SetonHallPirate

Bids thrown to at-large pool...

17 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Note: This is a dynamic list, and is likely to be added to.

174: Tyler Morland (Northwestern) will not be participating at Big Ten's, and the Big Ten's ninth bid will go to the at-large pool as a result.

Are you aware of the reasoning?

On 3/6/2020 at 3:06 PM, nhs67 said:

Are you aware of the reasoning?

If someone who earns an AQ bid, does not weigh in at the conf tournament, or is replaced, the conference loses that AQ slot.  

there were times coaches were still trying to decide who the starters were, very late in the season.  Often, the wrestler who earns the AQ will make that coaches decision.  Why? Because it takes an AQ away from the conf if they don’t wrestle in it.

1 minute ago, Cptafw164 said:

If someone who earns an AQ bid, does not weigh in at the conf tournament, or is replaced, the conference loses that AQ slot.  

there were times coaches were still trying to decide who the starters were, very late in the season.  Often, the wrestler who earns the AQ will make that coaches decision.  Why? Because it takes an AQ away from the conf if they don’t wrestle in it.

No.

I meant as to why he wasn't wrestling. I've been around long enough to ow what you're explaining, although I appreciate the candor.