Jump to content
TBar1977

What is going on at PIAA Coverage with Flo?

Recommended Posts

28 finals matches vs. every single match of the entire tournament that anybody everywhere can access.

People all across sports are struggling with the realization that companies are moving away from cable and into paid subscription services (ESPN+). Flo made a better deal to PIAA and they took it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

that's why I dropped cable! Too expensive. Time to move in 2020 follks.

Duck I'm stuck paying nearly $200 monthly for Comcast who I truly despise. I do need to move on as you say, but I'm tech-deficient. We watch probably 10% and the other 90% is worth no more than toilet water. I wish I knew someone far more knowledgeable than I to provide me with more affordable alternatives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one prefer the local television coverage over Flo.  Flo  does some great things but this is not good.  Since the 1960's we could enjoy the finals on our PBS channel.  Now we have to pay to watch it.  Next thing you know, Flo will be buying the rights to the Powerade, WPIAL and every other good tournament in PA. We can watch high school football,  cross country, hockey and basketball on our public television outlet but not wrestling.  Me thinks this was done for the benefit of only a few people.  Not good for PA. 

Edited by The Downington Destroyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Downington Destroyer said:

I for one prefer the local television coverage over Flo.  Flo  does some great things but this is not good.  Since the 1960's we could enjoy the finals on our PBS channel.  Now we have to pay to watch it.  Next thing you know, Flo will be buying the rights to the Powerade, WPIAL and every other good tournament in PA. We can watch high school football,  cross country, hockey and basketball on our public television outlet but not wrestling.  Me thinks this was done for the benefit of only a few people.  Not good for PA. 

Downingtion you have a beautiful park in the area called Struble Trail - Uwchlan Head. One of many beautiful places the state of Pennsylvania has set aside for those of who enjoy being among the fauna and flora.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Downington Destroyer said:

I do enjoy a good bike ride.  We recently traveled the GAP to DC from Pittsburgh.  Only people who are used to wrestling live for 20 or more minutes would appreciate the 3-4 day ride.  Thanks for sharing!!

wow - that take serious Cardio!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Downington Destroyer said:

Yep, It was fun but there were moments that tested our marriage.

The Down - I once participated in a 5-day biking / camping tour in the Canyonlands out of Moab Utah. I did my research, etc plus did a bunch of training (so I thought) but quickly learned I was wayyyyy out of my league. The husband / wife team that led the journey really did their best to keep us going but to be honest, I failed miserably because I did not train enough back at home. My lungs just couldnt handle it, so like a pu**y, there were times I had to jump on the truck and load my rented bike to complete the day when it got too taxing. My boss who had 10 years on me and participated in these stationary bike courses prior to the trip blew us all away!  He was in shape big time! Today I live in a mountainous part of Central PA where the Appalachian Trail literally bisects the road I exit from my neighborhood and there are professional bikers rolling up and down steep climbs and inclines daily like it was level ground. Yea, serious bikers are the real deal when it comes to being in shape. Admittedly, I'm not one such individual. ;( 

Good for you and your wife for having such a fun outdoor activity in sync with one another!

Edited by Marcus Cisero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...