VakAttack

Big Ten Discussion: Session 1

26 minutes ago, lost said:

Someone tell me if I'm missing something.  I didn't even think that was close.  Warner had the leg the entire time, that's a standard scramble situation we see a dozen times a week

I am an Iowa fan, but when he hooked the leg and hips are flat that’s two in today’s rules. 

My one take away of today might be an “old man yells at cloud” meme, but I really hate Maryland’s stupid uniforms. 

Disclaimer- I do like them at the high school level because it helps me get kids out to wrestle when their first response is “I ain’t wearing that uniform coach.” But this is collegiate wrestling man. Wear a damn singlet. 

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

My one take away of today might be an “old man yells at cloud” meme, but I really hate Maryland’s stupid uniforms. 

Disclaimer- I do like them at the high school level because it helps me get kids out to wrestle when their first response is “I ain’t wearing that uniform coach.” But this is collegiate wrestling man. Wear a damn singlet. 

Yes I’d much rather get pinned in powder blue singlet 

2 minutes ago, Mohammer said:

Just get outta bed ?

I’m not going to criticize this decision at all and neither should anyone else on here. Wick is very obviously top 5 in the country and this had to be a terrible decision to make. 

hope he can recover and get an at-large bid. 

Edited by Witherman

3 minutes ago, Witherman said:

I’m not going to criticize this decision at all and neither should anyone else on here. Wick is very obviously top 5 in the country and this had to be a terrible decision to make. 

3 minutes ago, Witherman said:

Are you trolling? Or are you being sincere?

5 minutes ago, Mohammer said:

Yes I’d much rather get pinned in powder blue singlet 

Meh this joke might hit home if UNC wasn’t good. But considering they just finished in the top 10 and the ACC is much better overall than the PAC 12 I’m gonna let you have your moment. 

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

Meh this joke might hit home if UNC wasn’t good. But considering they just finished in the top 10 and the ACC is much better overall than the PAC 12 I’m gonna let you have your moment. 

Thanks I will enjoy my moment :)

My one take away of today might be an “old man yells at cloud” meme, but I really hate Maryland’s stupid uniforms. Disclaimer- I do like them at the high school level because it helps me get kids out to wrestle when their first response is “I ain’t wearing that uniform coach.” But this is collegiate wrestling man. Wear a damn singlet.

In response to goheels (my quote button no longer exists)

This is what happens when those "wearing a skirt" dictate to those who don't. This same coach who succumbed to this silly 2 piece Belle Du Tour agreed to have his match with NW televised live while gymnastics and loud music took place in the background. Poor leadership always starts from the top and trickles down to everyone else.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

25 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

My one take away of today might be an “old man yells at cloud” meme, but I really hate Maryland’s stupid uniforms. Disclaimer- I do like them at the high school level because it helps me get kids out to wrestle when their first response is “I ain’t wearing that uniform coach.” But this is collegiate wrestling man. Wear a damn singlet.

In response to goheels (my quote button no longer exists)

This is what happens when those "wearing a skirt" dictate to those who don't. This same coach who succumbed to this silly 2 piece Belle Du Tour agreed to have his match with NW televised live while gymnastics and loud music took place in the background. Poor leadership always starts from the top and trickles down to everyone else.

Best post of the year maybe the millennium

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

We all eagerly await Lovett's first attack.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Why didn't Lovett take bottom in the third?  I was convinced he had, and ADS had just given him the escape to try and win it on his, but apparently Lovett chose neutral.

Regardless, neither Gross nor ADS looked as good as expected in the quarters.  Gross was sloppy in many scrambles, and ADS wasn't attacking as he normally does.

13 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

I think the ugliness of Maryland’s uniform is somewhat independent of them being two pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, but it's not exactly blazing the shirts and shorts trail.

Of course, in a few hours we won't see it again until next year.

Why didn't Lovett take bottom in the third?  I was convinced he had, and ADS had just given him the escape to try and win it on his, but apparently Lovett chose neutral.
Regardless, neither Gross nor ADS looked as good as expected in the quarters.  Gross was sloppy in many scrambles, and ADS wasn't attacking as he normally does.
Lovett chose top in the second.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk