WillieBoy

Dealing with Bets on these forums

The ongoing "pay your bets, deadbeat" and such are getting worse.

If - management is going to allow even signature bets they have to step in and enforce things.

A way to monitor them, maybe? And non pay-up after the event within a specified time - shut off their access for a time or forever.

Report the posts, people. There's a report function. The mods can't delete what they don't know exists. Some threads get to 100 posts in an hour. It's not anyone's full-time gig. Everyone has the ability to self-police this and report it so people get notified. That function has been in place on this board for 10 years. It's at the top of every single post on the right side. 

11 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

People need to get over it. Bunch of whiners. 

This. I’m getting to the point where I don’t even come to this forum because it’s nonstop bitching about jimmy. sucks because I actually like the perspective this forum gives compared to HR. 

Just ignore him. 

3 minutes ago, Witherman said:

This. I’m getting to the point where I don’t even come to this forum because it’s nonstop bitching about jimmy. sucks because I actually like the perspective this forum gives compared to HR. 

Just ignore him. 

Agreed. I like Jimmy and think his tales are hilarious. But if you don't like him, put him on ignore. 

24 minutes ago, Witherman said:

Just ignore him. 

To be fair, if JC just got banned like the douche deserves, then there wouldn't be any drama caused by his existence.

21 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

Agreed. I like Jimmy and think his tales are hilarious. But if you don't like him, put him on ignore. 

People like you are what is wrong with this world.

In no universe should the handler of the username JC be given any positive vibes.

He's a douche through and through.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

In no universe should the handler of the username JC be given any positive vibes.

I feel like people don’t actually understand the situation. The betting crap is the tip of the iceberg. Jimmy has posted topics that flirt with being pure racism, made up “facts” about kids health and reported them as truth, etc, etc. Yeah the bet thing is annoying, but jimmy should’ve been gone long ago for other things.

15 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

How much does he owe? And to who? You probably dont know douche.  You a big time internet tough guy arent you.

18 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I feel like people don’t actually understand the situation. The betting crap is the tip of the iceberg. Jimmy has posted topics that flirt with being pure racism, made up “facts” about kids health and reported them as truth, etc, etc. Yeah the bet thing is annoying, but jimmy should’ve been gone long ago for other things.

The guy is an absolute NOT CLEVER TROLL. 

I feel like people continuing to hound him will eventually result in numerous JC Detractors being banned OR they finally man up and ban just ban the problem himself, JC. 

2 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

Bet welching is a capital offense and far worse than any of those other misdemeanors. Off with his head!

2 hours ago, malcolmJfromPA said:

How much does he owe? And to who? You probably dont know douche.  You a big time internet tough guy arent you.

Yep. Yep. And yep.

PS-Yep.

4 hours ago, Witherman said:

Just ignore him. 

You almost don’t come here because lately there are 2-3 posts a day (out of probably 500+) that are about JC? Unless you’re his mother that’s absurd.

I’m one of the people he made a bet with and welshed. What specifically irks me is that the loser of the bet was to DONATE to various wrestling non-profits (an RTC in my case don’t remember the specific of the other bets he made). He didn’t and then he comes back and refuses to acknowledge or reply to anyone’s comments about whether or not he’s donated as he promised...which he didn’t.

I’m also one of the people who have commented about it on his posts. I’ve probably made 4 comments about it over the past 2 weeks so it’s not like I’m spamming these message boards. It’s not something I plan on doing much longer. But I do think it’s a complete and total scumbag move. If he was supposed to Venmo/PayPal me money and welshed I would never have commented publicly about it...I’d just message him. But the fact he was supposed to donate to wrestling non-profits and didn’t even have the decency to just create a new username really irks me. It’s not something someone in this sort of “wrestling community” (or whatever you want to call it) should be able to do and get away with.

He’s a certified POS and deserves the heat...but I understand it’s not something other people want to reas about forever and I don’t plan on doing it much longer (if at all). Most important point I want to reiterate: if these were personal bets and he owed ME and others money (as opposed to non-profits) I never wouldn’t have commented once.

5 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Just ban anyone who doesn't follow through?

How about banning the dopes who start the bets in the first place.

That would be the Cinnamon roll and 1 other person in this instance.

5 hours ago, Witherman said:

Just ignore him. 

There's a function where you can hide a poster from you being able to see him. If you don't like the guy or if you don't like me, then use it. use it.

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

At the same time I don't think he is done anything to deserve being banned IMO.

EDIT - Sorry. After this post I heard what the BET was about. I recant this post.

Edited by ConnorsDad
Changed my mind about the cinnamon roll

How about this: how about the forum ban "gambling" if it results in this type of non-stop sniping? I don't have a dog in the fight, but it's getting on my nerves. Aren't there private forums you gambling guys can create just for gambling? 

21 minutes ago, MDogg said:

I’m one of the people he made a bet with and welshed. What specifically irks me is that the loser of the bet was to DONATE to various wrestling non-profits (an RTC in my case don’t remember the specific of the other bets he made). He didn’t and then he comes back and refuses to acknowledge or reply to anyone’s comments about whether or not he’s donated as he promised...which he didn’t.

I’m also one of the people who have commented about it on his posts. I’ve probably made 4 comments about it over the past 2 weeks so it’s not like I’m spamming these message boards. It’s not something I plan on doing much longer. But I do think it’s a complete and total scumbag move. If he was supposed to Venmo/PayPal me money and welshed I would never have commented publicly about it...I’d just message him. But the fact he was supposed to donate to wrestling non-profits and didn’t even have the decency to just create a new username really irks me. It’s not something someone in this sort of “wrestling community” (or whatever you want to call it) should be able to do and get away with.

He’s a certified POS and deserves the heat...but I understand it’s not something other people want to reas about forever and I don’t plan on doing it much longer (if at all). Most important point I want to reiterate: if these were personal bets and he owed ME and others money (as opposed to non-profits) I never wouldn’t have commented once.

Sorry I did not realize what the bet entailed. My last comment, about him not deserving to be banned, please ignore it.