Perry

Big Ten Session 2

1 minute ago, Daybreak said:

These refs are awful not calling stalling and letting wrestlers flee the mat taking advantage of the out of bounds. 

I must have missed it. To what match do you refer to? 

The Kaleb young match. Young was in on a shot and the guy was hoping to flee the mat. He did get a stall call, but the refs haven’t really called stalling much all season. Something like that to me is avoiding wrestling. 

it is what it is. 

Barone scored at the end of the 1st pd off Young's desperate trip to finish TD; going on one knee should be automatic stall like in freestyle; he made absolutely zero shots the entire match. Yes Barone played the edge brilliantly. So Young will get an at large bid, surely.

17 minutes ago, Perry said:

Verkleeran goes down. Doesn't know how to do anything offensively 

Yeah, no kidding. Match got down to 1-0 in consos, 56 seconds left, he should've started locking up and pushing his opponent, trying to continuously move forward. At least he could've worked towards a stall point. 

Verk apparently isn't ready for primetime. I thought he was about to break out this year, but he might need another year or two. 

Just now, fullnelson said:

Barone scored at the end of the 1st pd off Young's desperate trip to finish TD; going on one knee should be automatic stall like in freestyle; he made absolutely zero shots the entire match. Yes Barone played the edge brilliantly. So Young will get an at large bid, surely.

Just not a fan of playing the edge. 

5 minutes ago, Daybreak said:

The Kaleb young match. Young was in on a shot and the guy was hoping to flee the mat. He did get a stall call, but the refs haven’t really called stalling much all season. Something like that to me is avoiding wrestling. 

it is what it is. 

I kinda figured this was the match you were irritated at. The timing of your post gave it away. Just wanted to be sure. 

Edited by TBar1977

Let's be real though.  Young looked like total crap.  Why did he ride Barone so long in the 3rd period?  It should have been an instant cut as soon as riding time was wiped.  Young seems to be on a different planet at times when it comes to needing hurry-up offense.  He may get in NCAA's. but wrestling like that...he won't be placing.  

Just now, whaletail said:

He'd get an at-large regardless, but will they wrestle all the way back to 10th at 149 (over even 11th for at large consideration)?

Yes there is a 9th place bracket 

4 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Labriola turns Scott with a cradle and he’s FLAT. Ref in good position but wants to make sure. Of course Scott breaks free. I see this hesitation way too often.

Yep I was watching same match and was like what’s the ref looking for. 

Just now, Iscored2onu said:

Let's be real though.  Young looked like total crap.  Why did he ride Barone so long in the 3rd period?  It should have been an instant cut as soon as riding time was wiped.  Young seems to be on a different planet at times when it comes to needing hurry-up offense.  He may get in NCAA's. but wrestling like that...he won't be placing.  

Young looked like crap for sure. Doesnt change the fact the backing to the edge with a hand down is stalling.