Perry

Big Ten Session 2

22 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I’m pretty sure PSU fans were complaining about Gross doing the same exact thing and not getting hit for stalling in the dual.

I only saw parts of this match so will reserve judgement.

Really? I never complained about stalling in that match nor do I recall seeing others complain. Not in the PSU wrestling psyche to beg for stall calls.

3 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

Well if you are up for a little wager, I would give you 2-1 odds for Rivera.  I'm confident enough to bet RBY at -200. 

Just to be clear, I'd be betting on Rivera at +200, yeah?

At those odds, I suspect you'll be have no shortage of takers, and I'll certainly put $10 down for charity and good fun.

Honestly, I'd probably bet Rivera down to -150.

5 hours ago, HuskerMac said:

The Nebraska let down... was waiting for it... 5 semi finalist... 4 have lost so far..

They are doing quite well.  As a Husker fan myself, they had some advantages with the bonus points with lot of first round mismatches and they took advantage.  Only 1 loss that i would not have expected but relatively insignificant with Lovett.  Thomsen stepping up and Jensen handling his business to make it 10-10 is a great result. Now just need to lock up 2nd tomorrow.  

6 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Really? I never complained about stalling in that match nor do I recall seeing others complain. Not in the PSU wrestling psyche to beg for stall calls.

Might’ve been BWI

6 hours ago, headshuck said:

Always amazed to watch Steveson totally dominate for most of a match and be a TD away from losing a match.  Just seems like bulldozing a 280lb man to the mat and letting him go should result in more than 1 point.

Wrestling would be so much better if takedowns  were 3 points.  Getting a TD is a very dominant act, it's hard to do against quality opponent. 
It is unlikely for a superior wrestler to get a tech or major decision by exchanging 2s for 1s, takes to much time.
Now that they are handing out 4 points like candy for cheap tilts, gotta restore the value of (arguably) the most exciting part of the sport.

4 minutes ago, Full Nelson said:

Wrestling would be so much better if takedowns  were 3 points.  Getting a TD is a very dominant act, it's hard to do against quality opponent. 
It is unlikely for a superior wrestler to get a tech or major decision by exchanging 2s for 1s, takes to much time.
Now that they are handing out 4 points like candy for cheap tilts, gotta restore the value of (arguably) the most exciting part of the sport.

Agree.  It would also lead to more action IMO since so many guys just wait until there are 25-30 seconds left in the period to do anything and hope they can ride out the period.

9 hours ago, LJB said:

You don’t understand technique... 

how could you question any of it?

tell me.

when did pushing a guy out of bounds with a single leg up become wrestling technique?

9 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

not even against cox? 

8 hours ago, headshuck said:

Always amazed to watch Steveson totally dominate for most of a match and be a TD away from losing a match.  Just seems like bulldozing a 280lb man to the mat and letting him go should result in more than 1 point.

you might be right , but thats sumo.. or freestyle...

but i digress

15 minutes ago, GockeS said:

not even against cox? 

Cox wasn't stalling in that match, he was just soaking wet and so was the mat. Citing 1 match in many years where PSU fans complained, and not even complained about "stalling", doesn't illustrate that PSU fans come to msg. boards to complain about stalling. 

7 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Cox wasn't stalling in that match, he was just soaking wet and so was the mat. Citing 1 match in many years where PSU fans complained, and not even complained about "stalling", doesn't illustrate that PSU fans come to msg. boards to complain about stalling. 

wait a minute i thought this was all about fun,

now you are getting technical ...

seems i touched a nerve

3 minutes ago, GockeS said:

wait a minute i thought this was all about fun,

now you are getting technical ...

seems i touched a nerve

You didn't touch a nerve, you cited a match that has no application to what is being discussed.

lol...in your mind.

people whined about that match incessantly for months

and it was even in the 'real' style... 

no harm.

I just find it intersting that  you change your tune from fun to business so quickly/conveniently 

12 hours ago, RavishingRickRude said:

With Desanto and Cass both in big matches, it felt like neither had game plans going into the matches. Am I alone feeling that way?

Cass just isn't as good as Gable, and I doubt there's any adjustments, or strategy, that will overcome the talent disparity.

ADS, I'm not sure.  He clearly isn't attacking like he did last year, but his offensive arsenal has expanded, and his finishing percentage is probably very high.  Nonetheless, he doesn't seem to be melting opponents as he has in the past, and that's always been a huge asset.

He continually pressed RBY, and deserved a stall call for his efforts, but just a few more shots and surely he'd have gotten one.

I think he might have forced RBY into a mistake with just a little more pressure, especially if RBY had a stall warning.

I'd love to hear his pre-match discussions with Brands, and wonder how much, if any, of his changing style stems from his coaches.

16 minutes ago, GockeS said:

lol...in your mind.

people whined about that match incessantly for months

and it was even in the 'real' style... 

no harm.

I just find it intersting that  you change your tune from fun to business so quickly/conveniently 

And this has what to do with stalling?