Perry

Big Ten Session 2

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

Thats probably best for you. How can you maintain such arrogance when you have to deal with reality? Id keep looking away.

Not arrogance. I am just having fun here. The fact you think its arrogance means you are getting way too upset tonite. I recommend whiskey. 

Edited by TBar1977

8 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I mean I think RBY is the better wrestler, but you can't let him do that as an official. You have to at least warn him so that he engages. Just really bad officiating. The funny thing is I think if he would have had to engage, he could have scored again.

I completely agree.  Especially since ADS isn't known for turning others' shots into points.

RBY absolutely outwrestled him, but could have been much more offensive.

That said, if the ref isn't calling it, why take the risk?

1 minute ago, whaletail said:

I completely agree.  Especially since ADS isn't known for turning others' shots into points.

I didn't see  match. Was Desanto scared of cradle?

11 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

Nick Lee close one over Chad Red. Hurt this Hodge chances?

He will defeat Pletcher tomorrow.  He may not defeat Pletcher by many points, but I think Lee will be in control of 2 and 3rd period.  It won't be as close as it looks.  That will probably help hodge chances. 

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Not arrogance. I am just having fun here. The fact you think its arrogance means you are getting way too upset tonite. I recommend whiskey. 

Oh, Im not sensitive because of it. Just bc I want to call ppl an ass when they are being an ass, doesnt mean Im upset.

11 minutes ago, pamela said:

Either way, RBY is looking so much better in March than he did in January. I’m still going with Rivera but what a great matchup

He's absolutely going to have to attack more if he wants to beat Rivera.  He's got the technique, timing and speed, but if Rivera gets in on his legs (and he will), he'll score.  Rivera is just about as quick to the leg, and a lot more powerful.

I'm picking Rivera by a couple takedowns, and a much closer match if they wrestle at NCAAs.

2 minutes ago, whaletail said:

Exactly why my main critique is of the ref. RBY wrestled a smart match and much of that was dictated by the official. If the official doesn't make you engage, why engage? The official has to make him wrestle. He doesn't have to give a point, but the warning at least makes him engage. That's why the rule exists.

And nobody should be debating TBar on this. Just a waste of time. Roman could have been doing literal sprints around the edge of the mat running away from Desanto and TBar would maintain that he was circling in.

Just now, whaletail said:

He's absolutely going to have to attack more if he wants to beat Rivera.  He's got the technique, timing and speed, but if Rivera gets in on his legs (and he will), he'll score.  Rivera is just about as quick to the leg, and a lot more powerful.

I'm picking Rivera by a couple takedowns, and a much closer match if they wrestle at NCAAs.

Well if you are up for a little wager, I would give you 2-1 odds for Rivera.  I'm confident enough to bet RBY at -200. 

RBY didn’t stall... he was right there... didn’t actively evade... he just didn’t do anything... it was totally uninspiring and not worth cheering for, but, he played the game (and won) under the awful folk rule set...

Just now, LJB said:

RBY didn’t stall... he was right there... didn’t actively evade... he just didn’t do anything... it was totally uninspiring and not worth cheering for, but, he played the game (and won) under the awful folk rule set...

I didn't see the match.  I am hearing a lot that Roman stalled.  Did Desanto attack constantly?

6 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Fun. The last word most would use to describe you, but hey, have a good time.

Most what? Most Iowa fans? They are the foil in my act. Of course THEY don't think this is fun. Me, I think its a lot of fun. 

4 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I didn't see  match. Was Desanto scared of cradle?

The first time RBY cut the corner on him, he immediately shut it down for a stalemate, but didn't seem concerned later on.  RBY was in position to potentially cradle him once in the third, but didn't really try to lock it up.

RBY hit a phenomenal double leg seconds into the match, that I had to rewind multiple times to follow, then shut it down.  I thought he was the better wrestler, but should have been warned in the second.

5 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Exactly why my main critique is of the ref. RBY wrestled a smart match and much of that was dictated by the official. If the official doesn't make you engage, why engage? The official has to make him wrestle. He doesn't have to give a point, but the warning at least makes him engage. That's why the rule exists.

And nobody should be debating TBar on this. Just a waste of time. Roman could have been doing literal sprints around the edge of the mat running away from Desanto and TBar would maintain that he was circling in.

Wake me when that actually happens, Bernie. 

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

I think you're confused my friend. The first one is stalling in folkstyle. It's freestyle where you don't have to do anything as long as you hold center.

2 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I didn't see the match.  I am hearing a lot that Roman stalled.  Did Desanto attack constantly?

He didn’t stall as per the stall-fest rules... folk rewards not wrestling... RBY wrestler for about 15 seconds and it was enough to win... anyone whining about it should quit watching folk... that’s your sport...

desanto will have to figure out how to wrestle someone who doesn’t want to wrestle... it’s a common issue

1 minute ago, whaletail said:

The first time RBY cut the corner on him, he immediately shut it down for a stalemate, but didn't seem concerned later on.  RBY was in position to potentially cradle him once in the third, but didn't really try to lock it up.

RBY hit a phenomenal double leg seconds into the match, that I had to rewind multiple times to follow, then shut it down.  I thought he was the better wrestler, but should have been warned in the second.

What was final score?