Perry

Big Ten Session 2

2 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I didn't see the match.  I am hearing a lot that Roman stalled.  Did Desanto attack constantly?

He couldn’t get anything started. The stalling thing is a valid point, but as @whaletail pointed out ADS isn’t really a counter wrestler and  it was just odd that he couldn’t work from the other side, esp since he had to know RBY would do the arm-deny thing. Maybe it was mental.

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I think you're confused my friend. The first one is stalling in folkstyle. It's freestyle where you don't have to do anything as long as you hold center.

No confusion here... 

folk rewards not wrestling... RBY gets this... or Cael does... either way, he did nothing and won... good for him

Just now, russelscout said:

You think PSU is winning the NCAAs? When it matters?

Hard to talk trash on this front when A) your team doesn't have it won this year just yet and B) they haven't won it in a decade while PSU has won how many in the same time?

Just now, Perry said:

Hard to talk trash on this front when A) your team doesn't have it won this year just yet and B) they haven't won it in a decade while PSU has won how many in the same time?

Oh Im not even claiming victory. As as PSU fan, how does Tbar justify such arrogance? His team is losing.

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

He didn’t stall as per the stall-fest rules... folk rewards not wrestling... RBY wrestler for about 15 seconds and it was enough to win... anyone whining about it should quit watching folk... that’s your sport...

desanto will have to figure out how to wrestle someone who doesn’t want to wrestle... it’s a common issue

I noticed that Sammy Alvarez also does the arm behind the back stance sometimes. There’s a small but very unlikely chance he could meet ADS tomorrow, and it’ll be interesting to see if he does it.

1 minute ago, Perry said:

And when PSU has lost a LOT of wrestlers to injury this year. Let's not forget that little occurance. 

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

Oh Im not even claiming victory. As as PSU fan, how does Tbar justify such arrogance? His team is losing.

What arrogance? I'm just enjoying some wrestling. And poking fun at all the crybabies begging for stalling. 

Just now, Perry said:

Watching Hall and Kem go right now makes me think that Kem is going to win every meeting they have this year.

Just was typing this exact same thing. Kem is an animal at 174. If Hall only finishes his career with 1 championship he has to go down as one of the best 1 timers ever. 

1 hour ago, Daybreak said:

The Kaleb young match. Young was in on a shot and the guy was hoping to flee the mat. He did get a stall call, but the refs haven’t really called stalling much all season. Something like that to me is avoiding wrestling. 

it is what it is. 

I must say that in watching the EIWA's I was impressed for the most part with the stalling calls.

Something I was just talking about with my wife is stalling. We all know the rule or new rule about fleeing the mat in an obvious scoring situation should be a point for the offensive wrestler. However, it seems like to me that every time a guy is in on a leg and they're close to the out-of-bounds line the guy is trying to get loose and get out of bounds. It seems to me that's a textbook definition but very rarely is it called. The only time I see it called is not when the guys fighting to break the grip, etc. but when he just literally runs out without even making the attempt to whizzer or whatever.

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

You are whining about CP being a cheerleader. If anyone is sensitive its you. 

Sensitive? You keep chasing me around this board. And Iowa is winning, yet YOu are pre occupied with a PSU fan. Ha ha. 

Did it occur to you top just sit back and enjoy it?