Sign in to follow this  
goheels1812

ACC Tournament

There have been some excellent matches at the ACC tourney today. For the most part the semis matches were ultra competitive and featured many ranked matchups. The team race has also been fun to follow. The finals are tonight at 7 pm eastern. They are being shown live on ACC network if anyone is interested. Here are the finals matchups:

125: Mueller (UVA) vs. Camacho (NCSU)

133: Philippi (Pitt) vs. Hernandez (UNC)

141: Wilson (NCSU) vs. Sherman (UNC)

149: O’Conner (UNC) vs. Andonian (VT)

157: Hidlay (NCSU) vs. Rahmani (Pitt)

165: McFadden (VT) vs. Wentzel (Pitt)

174: Bullard (NCSU) vs. Lautt (UNC)

184: Bolen (VT) vs. Hidlay (NCSU)

197: Aiello (UVA) vs. Whitman (UNC)

285: Thomas (Pitt) vs. Wilson (NCSU)

The marquee matchup will be 184. Bolen and Hidlay are both top 5 wrestlers with national championship aspirations. Bolen beat Hidlay in a tightly contested match a few weeks ago. Should be a fun finals session!

Edited by goheels1812

1 hour ago, goheels1812 said:

There have been some excellent matches at the ACC tourney today. For the most part the semis matches were ultra competitive and featured many ranked matchups. The team race has also been fun to follow. The finals are tonight at 7 pm eastern. They are being shown live on ACC network if anyone is interested. Here are the finals matchups:

125: Mueller (UVA) vs. Camacho (NCSU)

133: Philippi (Pitt) vs. Hernandez (UNC)

141: Wilson (NCSU) vs. Sherman (UNC)

149: O’Conner (UNC) vs. Andonian (VT)

157: Hidlay (NCSU) vs. Rahmani (Pitt)

165: McFadden (VT) vs. Wentzel (Pitt)

174: Bullard (NCSU) vs. Lautt (UNC)

184: Bolen (VT) vs. Hidlay (NCSU)

197: Aiello (UVA) vs. Whitman (UNC)

285: Thomas (Pitt) vs. Wilson (NCSU)

The marquee matchup will be 184. Bolen and Hidlay are both top 5 wrestlers with national championship aspirations. Bolen beat Hidlay in a tightly contested match a few weeks ago. Should be a fun finals session!

Did Monday come back for 3rd?

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Did Monday come back for 3rd?

He did not. He lost in the wrestle backs to the 6 seed Cam Coy. Looked like he was more interested in being anywhere else today. Monday is probably the most frustrating wrestler I have ever rooted for. 

2 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

He did not. He lost in the wrestle backs to the 6 seed Cam Coy. Looked like he was more interested in being anywhere else today. Monday is probably the most frustrating wrestler I have ever rooted for. 

Agreed...well he ll get a Wildcard and ruin someone’s tournament like he did with Lavalle...man he really lost to cam coy?

Edited by Antitroll2828

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Agreed...well he ll get a Wildcard and ruin someone’s tournament like he did with Lavalle...man he really lost to cam coy?

Yes 3-1 in sudden victory. He just didn’t care for 8 minutes. 0 offensive output. I think he lets things get in his head and was probably still hung up on being upset in the semis by Wentzel. That match was frustrating too. Oh well. Monday will screw up someone’s NCAA tournament before gracefully exiting quietly. 

6 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Lets be honest... Nobody cares about the 6 team ACC Tournament

This is one of the most lame posts I have ever read on this board. Plenty of people care about the ACC tournament. Ya know the conference that finished the season with 4 of their 6 teams in the top 10? Take your garbage opinion somewhere else. 

Edited by goheels1812

5 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

My bad I meant 5 teams...Your not counting Duke are you?..What kind of real Tournament has their guys starting the tournament in the Semi-Final round. Just a horrible tournament!

I’ll count Duke just as much as the big 10 counted Maryland you troll. 

Just so you know, you are a part of the problem with why wrestling programs get cut. You want to pull against wrestlers and teams? Fine that’s completely normal. But taking a dump on an entire conference is so stupid and low life. This sport is a brotherhood and we need to grow it as much as possible. We are ALL a part of that process. Now I’m going to stop typing before I get banned on this board. I hope you find some enjoyment in the rest of the day. 

Edited by goheels1812

6 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

My bad I meant 5 teams...Your not counting Duke are you?..What kind of real Tournament has their guys starting the tournament in the Semi-Final round. Just a horrible tournament!

You're*

If you're going to be a twat at least spell appropriately.

Im actually helping you guys out...There is actually a discussion now about a tournament that has guys starting the tournament in the semi-finals...Everybody knows there a very good wrestlers in the ACC but your tournament is a joke

8 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Im actually helping you guys out...There is actually a discussion now about a tournament that has guys starting the tournament in the semi-finals...Everybody knows there a very good wrestlers in the ACC but your tournament is a joke

I’ll let them know they should cancel the ACC tournament next year because internet idiot “moveurfeet32” said it’s a joke.  I appreciate your worthwhile contributions to the thread. 

Just now, goheels1812 said:

I’ll let them know they should cancel the ACC tournament next year because internet idiot “moveurfeet32” said it’s a joke.  I appreciate your worthwhile contributions to the thread. 

They already know that this tournament is a debacle on the National landscape...Unless your from North or South Carolina you would understand that any tournament that starts with wrestlers in the semis is a joke!

3 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

They already know that this tournament is a debacle on the National landscape...Unless your from North or South Carolina you would understand that any tournament that starts with wrestlers in the semis is a joke!

Hahahahahahaha. I’m not going to lie I was typing up a long response about how stupid your post is, but your intelligence level is nowhere near worth my time. You take your northern elitist bullsh*t and enjoy the rest of your day. 

Also, for the second time, it’s “you’re” you imbecile. 

5 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Hahahahahahaha. I’m not going to lie I was typing up a long response about how stupid your post is, but your intelligence level is nowhere near worth my time. You take your northern elitist bullsh*t and enjoy the rest of your day. 

Also, for the second time, it’s “you’re” you imbecile. 

Great comeback...Professor...You must love all the talk about the Great ACC Tournament wrestling??...Once again NOBODY cares about a 5 team Wrestling tournament...Let me guess the ACC Wrestling Tournament  broke attendance records this year with 480 fans!!

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

Camacho just hammered Mueller 11-4!!

Good thing moveurfeet has no say in anything or that match never would have happened...

The lowly ACC wrestling tournament is really disappointing so far. /sarcasm

Strange. Mueller's first steps after the whistle were forward. I heard that that was the key for victory for him.

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

Hidlay-Deakin round 2 will be great if it happens. 

Deakin will be favored since the last result, but Hayden looks awesome right now. I thought he looked better today than Deakin, but against different opponents of course. 

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Deakin will be favored since the last result, but Hayden looks awesome right now. I thought he looked better today than Deakin, but against different opponents of course. 

I’m a Hayden fan but BC is prob a 15 seed or something. That’s a R16 type match. 

Deakin wrestled a semi