BigTimeFan

Big 10 Finals Thread.

Just now, Perry said:

Agree that Sasso was not covering properly two times I believe, but what do you do when the elbow is half an inch off the mat? I know Iowa got called for touching elbows to knees recently (it is Lugo and Murin that use this position) and seemed dumbfounded. 

As for why I can't respect the Brands bros? Same reason I have minimal respect for Manning and Zeke Jones, they act like clowns in the corner. 

he should have been easily able to reach the elbow...b/c his hand was on his forearm.... even lower

oh i dont care what you think about coaches.. i was responding to the idea that I can't line up how i want

i mean if thats the case then guys shouldn't be able to turn their ankles out, b/c it impedes the top guy from getting close... i liked what thomsen did against a guy who did this...covered the ankle with his shin.

4 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Thats 2 or 3 crap stall calls. Refs should let them settle it on the mat.

perhaps this was a make up call from yesterday against Lydy? 

btw, i was told PSU fans dont gripe about stall calls

Edited by GockeS

5 hours ago, Perry said:

This bottom stance by Lugo and murin should not be allowed either

Why not?

edit:  didn’t notice Gocke beat me to it 

Edited by 1032004

5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Why not?

I don’t know if it should be a caution of not, but doesn’t that give them an advantage to block off faster? To me that’s like letting the top man start with a full tight waist. It doesn’t seem like much, but it does create a little advantage. 

30 minutes ago, Perry said:

Agree that Sasso was not covering properly two times I believe, but what do you do when the elbow is half an inch off the mat? I know Iowa got called for touching elbows to knees recently (it is Lugo and Murin that use this position) and seemed dumbfounded. 

As for why I can't respect the Brands bros? Same reason I have minimal respect for Manning and Zeke Jones, they act like clowns in the corner. 

Totally legal starting position and it's not difficult to put your hand on the elbow at all. Sasso was just cheating towards his go-to ride. Not that complicated.

4 hours ago, BigTimeFan said:

Aaron Brooks another PSU phenom in the making. 

Amazing how these top all class ranked recruits turn into psu phenoms, must be something in the water to to get these guys to perform so well. 

6 hours ago, MSU158 said:

You could be from MSU and know your guys are still practicing in an intramural facility that any student could just walk into and work out in. 

Many of whom would have been an instant upgrade to the MSU lineup historically.

ZERO wrong with Lugo's start position......... easy reach to the elbow...... Sasso was not getting set properly. He should have been hit at least 2 more times.

Tho I suspect if he was hit once more he would of set himself properly.

I saw SEVERAL times where the ref ( in other matches) blew the whistle before the top man even got to the elbow.

PSU 

125 almost got an upset

133 did well... its just close

141 did well, its just close

149 i actually picked verkleeren...b/c he looked like he was finally coming on. wish i had picked purinton... could have won the wrestlestat pool

157 pipher...meh

165 did well, its just close

174 wow

184 WOW!

197 doing well for a hurt 184 pounder

HWT got hurt..thats not coaching