BigTimeFan

Big 10 Finals Thread.

5 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

Is anyone else getting sick of the referees talking so much?  I want them to just shut up and ref.  I don't think anything is added to the wrestlers or the bout by hearing "keep working", "center, guys", "work with that", etc. etc.  High school referees can do it without the chatter.  Are they mic'ed up or is this just bleed through to the open microphones of the announcers?

I like it, at least the 149 ref. I can tell he’s pushing the action and trying to keep it centered and the wrestlers aware.

I thought that was 2 on the danger rule, but the ref announced confirmed, not stands. I wonder if there was another video that showed more?

Either way, Lugo has outwrestled Sasso for the majority of both matches and now has the only clean offensive points. Great job Pat, he's really upped his game since coming to Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Do these refs not know how to count to 2? So obvious...wasn't even close
It doesn't matter since they have to count to 3 for that call.

It shouldn't be lost that that shot by Sasso was his first.

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Anyone else immediately mute the tv when Shane sparks starts his interviews ?

YES! Even if I leave the room, still mute. Immediate post-match interviews don’t work.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

I thought that was 2 on the danger rule, but the ref announced confirmed, not stands. I wonder if there was another video that showed more?

Either way, Lugo has outwrestled Sasso for the majority of both matches and now has the only clean offensive points. Great job Pat, he's really upped his game since coming to Iowa.

True. Despite the call Sasso got taken down first period and couldn’t get out. He outrides Lugo the second period but to no avail. Third period he didn’t get it done. Almost. Not quite. 

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It doesn't matter since they have to count to 3 for that call.

It shouldn't be lost that that shot by Sasso was his first.

That was easily 2 or 3 seconds. In fact it was closer to 4 seconds. The quick review tells me the refs already knew they weren't reversing it. It is what it is though..wrestlers get screwed by terribly officiating al the time. Sasso needs to be more offensive to keep him out of those "ref" losses.

Edited by DocBZ

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

It is conceivable that two of AOC, Boo, and Mauller are seeded ahead if him, yes?

This. I 100% understand that Sassos loss to Brent Moore was flukey, but he’s in danger of that really biting him in the ass now. 

Not included on Xfinity :( Oh well, I can follow the scores live, at least, while watching the 3rd place matches. I'll see the champ finals on youtube within a couple hours :D 

They are already posting them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The main ref will always be focused on watching for takedown criteria then have the “oh crap, danger rule” moment. I don’t blame them and expect it. Perhaps the 2nd ref should be responsible for the count?