BigTimeFan

Big 10 Finals Thread.

Just now, D3UC157 said:

The main ref will always be focused on watching for takedown criteria then have the “oh crap, danger rule” moment. I don’t blame them and expect it. Perhaps the 2nd ref should be responsible for the count?

I also dont like the idea that this can change on review. A guy can go 90° and not realize it without an audible count. 

It is conceivable that two of AOC, Boo, and Mauller are seeded ahead if him, yes?
Previously the wins a wrestler has have mattered most for seeding. I don't think any of those guys have the wins. It would make me very happy to have Sasso, Kolodzik, and Degen on the other side of the bracket, lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I thought that was 2 on the danger rule, but the ref announced confirmed, not stands. I wonder if there was another video that showed more?

Either way, Lugo has outwrestled Sasso for the majority of both matches and now has the only clean offensive points. Great job Pat, he's really upped his game since coming to Iowa.

This take is 100% spot on

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I also dont like the idea that this can change on review. A guy can go 90° and not realize it without an audible count. 

I thought it was danger but that’s a very good point. You don’t have a protractor with you on the mat 

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Previously the wins a wrestler has have mattered most for seeding. I don't think any of those guys have the wins. It would make me very happy to have Sasso, Kolodzik, and Degen on the other side of the bracket, lol.

2019 Shak Rasheed says “not so fast my friend!”

This is a good point that I often wonder about. The call requires a count, and if the refs don't make the count...I don't like going back and calling it after the fact.

7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Agree... I don’t think they should legally be able to overturn it because of not having the count

7 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

AOC, Mauller, and Boo are all conference champs too. Might that matter?

3 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

Coleman is a great athlete. You could imagine him being a force in a few years. 

Great fight by Coleman, kept battling.  That's what you want to see out of a freshman that is getting handled.  Think Deakin spent too much time on top but it was a controlled victory. 

18 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Anyone else immediately mute the tv when Shane sparks starts his interviews ?

I just said that Deakin's punishment for winning is that interview. My son suggested make the loser do the interview. It will turn theast 30 seconds of every match into a desperate death struggle.