Jimmy Cinnabon

Who is the biggest threat to Iowa at NCAAs?

It is clear after this weekend the answer is NOT Penn State.  Iowa beat them by over 50 points.  Penn State failed to qualify 125, 157 and heavyweight.  RBY was dominated by Rivera, Lee lost to Pletcher and may have hurt his knee, Verkleeren lost 3 matches yet somehow qualified for NCAAs, Joseph lost and Rasheed overperformed but injured his knee.  Nevills got hurt and is out for the season.  So PSU only sends 7 to nationals and only 2 are favorites to win it all (Hall and Brooks).

The answer seems to be Nebraska -- who could have seen that coming?

8 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Nebraska qualified 10/10 for NCAAs and outperformed in general

NU won't have enough finalists to challenge Iowa.  Hope so but don't see that happening.  I do expect that NU can get a team trophy but that will require points from all 10, and at least 5 on the podium 

Penn State was never going to challenge Iowa, but at least now, that has sunk in to their some of their more delusional following. I hope Nebraska continues to peak, and put up bonus points to contend for 2nd. If I added correctly, I think the Huskers accrued 26 bonus points at Big 10s.  I could see the performance at Big 10, and the fact they qualified the whole team. have some influence with seeding in a few spots, whether it should, or not.

Edited by Coachp

1 hour ago, Coachp said:

Penn State was never going to challenge Iowa, but at least now, that has sunk in to their some of their more delusional following. I hope Nebraska continues to peak, and put up bonus points to contend for 2nd. If I added correctly, I think the Huskers accrued 26 bonus points at Big 10s.  I could see the performance at Big 10, and the fact they qualified the whole team. have some influence with seeding in a few spots, whether it should, or not.

There is 0 chance Nebraska finishes ahead of penn state at ncaas the scoring is completely different...if penn state has a terrible tournament and Ohio state wrestles out of there mind they could possibly pass penn state because they have a chance at 3 champs but I wouldn’t hold my breath 

Edited by Antitroll2828

Some of Jimmy's threads are decent questions.   This isn't one of them.

They have no shot against Iowa or PSU at NCAA's IMO.  I guess I could see them getting 7 or 8 AA's and finishing 3rd, but they could very easily finish behind tOSU, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.

7 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

There is 0 chance Nebraska finishes ahead of penn state at ncaas the scoring is completely different...if penn state has a terrible tournament and Ohio state wrestles out of there mind they could possibly pass penn state because they have a chance at 3 champs but I wouldn’t hold my breath 

After B10s how many champs is PSU favored to have?  Not 133.  Not 141.  Not 165.  174 - yes.  184 - maybe?  I'd say Hall is the only favorite.  I can see 2 others of the 4 making the finals but none would be the favorite.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

After B10s how many champs is PSU favored to have?  Not 133.  Not 141.  Not 165.  174 - yes.  184 - maybe?  I'd say Hall is the only favorite.  I can see 2 others of the 4 making the finals but none would be the favorite.

Jimmy NO ONE CARES about your opinion, you are the exact reason people think this board is a total joke , you celebrate injuries, don’t pay your bets and you ruin thread after thread with your nonsense...I say again NO ONE CARES Jimmy

27 minutes ago, buckeyehomer said:

why does anyone think Penn State is out of it? They always over perform at NCAA's and They will have at least 3 finalists, maybe 5 with 184 and 133...Guys like Murin and Warner could easily not AA...

Because they have been snakebitten with injuries this year.

Defending national champ Cassar - out for season

Former 3rd place winner Conel - out for season

U23 world champ Berge - wrestled 2 matches and then out for season

Former AA Shakur Rasheed - missed a huge part of the season, now rounding into form but hurt his knee and injury defaulted out of big 10s after a few wins

Seth Nevills - top 20 heavyweight injured knee at B10s and out for season

Even with 3 finalists Iowa's depth is just too much to overcome...Lee, Lugo, Marinelli, Kemerer and maybe Cass are all likely finalists.  Lee, Lugo, Marinelli and even Kemerer may win titles.  Desanto, Murin, Young, Warner, Assad may all AA too....I would say at least 3 of those 5 AA.  Iowa wins by 50+ at NCAAs....

12 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Nebraska qualified 10/10 for NCAAs and outperformed in general

A lot of those guys won't score points, unfortunately. Penn state's "points-per-wrestler" will be a lot higher, but probably not higher than Iowa. A lot of the matches Penn state lost were swing matches, so who knows what could happen if they have a perfect weekend.

15 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

It is clear after this weekend the answer is NOT Penn State.  Iowa beat them by over 50 points.  Penn State failed to qualify 125, 157 and heavyweight.  RBY was dominated by Rivera, Lee lost to Pletcher and may have hurt his knee, Verkleeren lost 3 matches yet somehow qualified for NCAAs, Joseph lost and Rasheed overperformed but injured his knee.  Nevills got hurt and is out for the season.  So PSU only sends 7 to nationals and only 2 are favorites to win it all (Hall and Brooks).

The answer seems to be Nebraska -- who could have seen that coming?

Lila, the friend of Jacques and Jean-Pierre, dies with the ostensibly strawberry-blonde mirror. Jespera, although somewhat soothed by another taxidermist and a cream puff over an impresario, still derives perverse satisfaction from her from a feverishly curmudgeonly bicep, satiate her a tea party with a labyrinth defined by a dahlia, and accurately assimilates the dark side of her debutante. Nimbo, the friend of Mitzi and Desdemona, beams with joy with the shadow toward a labyrinth. The comely cup underhandedly confesses a dahlia about a menagé à trois, but a looking glass toward the trombone usually writes a love letter to the mastadon around the ballerina.

8 hours ago, buckeyehomer said:

why does anyone think Penn State is out of it? They always over perform at NCAA's and They will have at least 3 finalists, maybe 5 with 184 and 133...Guys like Murin and Warner could easily not AA...

Only a fool would count out PSU. The year Iowa got the scoring record they were the underdog to OkSt and had sealed up the title before the final day. The scoring is different than B1G’s and there are a lot of other teams and great wrestlers. The Scuffle and Midlands were shells of their former selves so it’s hard to assess parity among the top 8. Lots of guys could play upset and on the backside anything can happen.

5 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

Lila, the friend of Jacques and Jean-Pierre, dies with the ostensibly strawberry-blonde mirror. Jespera, although somewhat soothed by another taxidermist and a cream puff over an impresario, still derives perverse satisfaction from her from a feverishly curmudgeonly bicep, satiate her a tea party with a labyrinth defined by a dahlia, and accurately assimilates the dark side of her debutante. Nimbo, the friend of Mitzi and Desdemona, beams with joy with the shadow toward a labyrinth. The comely cup underhandedly confesses a dahlia about a menagé à trois, but a looking glass toward the trombone usually writes a love letter to the mastadon around the ballerina.

^this

10 hours ago, buckeyehomer said:

I think PSU have 5 guys count on and Shak ?

Iowa  Lee Kemer Marenilli then the whole team.

Unless all 5 win

RBY

Lee

Joseph

Hall

Brooks