Sign in to follow this  
Marcus Cisero

Sebastian Rivera Wins OW

4 hours ago, ironmonkey said:

I know there is a Rutgers contingent that think Seabass could graduate and transfer to New Brunswick for his final season.  (Not sure this makes sense with Suriano in limbo and Aragona progressing well but with redshirts and juggling weight classes, who knows?).  Anyway, the New Jersey shout outs post match have to make you wonder.  

Aragona progressing well? looks like he took a step back....

11 minutes ago, Columbia_Lou said:

Aragona progressing well? looks like he took a step back....

How so?  He wrestled both RBY and Gross in close losses this weekend and is in the mix for a coveted AA placement.  Was there a point this season where he was >/=  to either of them?  

Hats off to Rivera and Storniolo. Despite so much evidence that Rivera was NCAA champ material, I ignored it because I thought he wouldn’t have the coaching or ability to deal with scrambling (critical for short guys) to take him to NCAA champ level. I thought his wins over Lee were flu-key and felt that biased view was more than validated after he got completely dominated by Mueller. Even if he doesn’t become the champ, he is clearly at that level already with solid wins over two NCAA champs: Gross and Lee x2.  I was wrong, and in this case, happy to eat my previous thoughts. 

12 hours ago, pamela said:

If he wins 133 this year, I would love to see him Vision Quest after Lee at 125 next season. Sure, Micic ad Fix, maybe Suriano and Vito will be back at 133 but Spencer Lee will probably be the real Shute as a likely 3xer. It would be an epic matchup.

The visionquest would have to be Spencer's and him "bumping up" to beat the guy who A. wins this years 133lbs and B. The guy who beat him twice last year. 133 is loaded.. 125 not so much and will be even more loaded next year with everyone except Gross coming back PLUS Suriano, Fix and Miccic.

21 hours ago, pamela said:

If he wins 133 this year, I would love to see him Vision Quest after Lee at 125 next season. Sure, Micic ad Fix, maybe Suriano and Vito will be back at 133 but Spencer Lee will probably be the real Shute as a likely 3xer. It would be an epic matchup.

Sebastian told Bratke in an interview Friday that he can't make 125 lbs any more and that he isn't wrestling 57 kg at Pan Ams.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6727238-sebastian-rivera-i-know-hes-not-better-than-me

23 hours ago, ironmonkey said:

I know there is a Rutgers contingent that think Seabass could graduate and transfer to New Brunswick for his final season.  (Not sure this makes sense with Suriano in limbo and Alvarez progressing well but with redshirts and juggling weight classes, who knows?).  Anyway, the New Jersey shout outs post match have to make you wonder.  

If the kid leaves the majestic shores of Lake Michigan to move to Jersey, he needs to get his head checked.