shieldofpistis

Question about National Tournament

I have never been to the NCAA national tournament.  I have a question.  How do you see matches on the other side of the building than where you are sitting?  I imagine you can't walk around because you would be blocking other's from viewing.  

been to MANY........ I get GREAT seats. My seats are as close as you can get to the action. This year I am taking binoc's. Mats on the opposite side are going to be a looooooong way away.

I have never been to the NCAA national tournament.  I have a question.  How do you see matches on the other side of the building than where you are sitting?  I imagine you can't walk around because you would be blocking other's from viewing.  
I've improved my seats almost every year fwiw.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

no idea.

there has never been one in a football stadium

16 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

There's usually six mats, right? or eight? If you are in the upper section from one mat, how do you see action on opposite side mat?

my experience from going to NCAAs at MSG and EIWA at Hofstra is that you sit high enough that you can see all of the mats but obviously you'll see the closer mats better.

I would imagine it’s similar to seeing all 120 yards of a football field when you go to a game....

Some action will be closer and you’ll get to see it more clear. Some not so much. 

Edited by Lurker

54 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I would imagine it’s similar to seeing all 120 yards of a football field when you go to a game....

Some action will be closer and you’ll get to see it more clear. Some not so much. 

It's on the big TV though ar football games

1 hour ago, shieldofpistis said:

There's usually six mats, right? or eight? If you are in the upper section from one mat, how do you see action on opposite side mat?

usually 8

sometimes it easier to see the opposite side ...depends on height and where scoreclocks are

how?

There's usually open seats in session 1 and 2. I sit in unoccupied seats until asked to move.

I was about 6 rows back on NYC, same for Cleveland. I had nosebleed seats in both cases.

I was stuck in my original seats for Pittsburgh.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Much like any other sporting event, the best seat for viewing is actually at home in front of the tv/computer. But probably not as exciting. If you must go, then seats near the 50 yard line and a little ways up would give you the best view. If you are at one end zone and the match you want to watch is on the other side, binoculars would be useful.