Jump to content
Bronco

PAC 12 Returning starters from 2020 PAC 12 Tourn. for 2021-2022 season

Recommended Posts

2020-2021 PAC 12 RETURNING PLACE WINNERS FROM 2020 PAC 12 TOURNAMENT

125 lbs
1. Brandon Courtney (Arizona State) - 2021 RS Junior
2. Jackson DiSario (Stanford) - 2021 True Sophomore
3. Brandon Kaylor (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Sophomore
4. Alex Hernandez-Figueroa (CS Bakersfield) - 2021 RS Senior - However he may be replaced by 2021 RS Sophomore Eddie Flores (who redshirted in 2020)
5. Jaydn Carson (Little Rock) - 2021 True Sophomore
6. Benny Martinez (Cal Poly) - 2021 True Junior - Will likely be replaced by Antonio Lorenzo - 2021 RS Freshman who went 17-5 while being RS'd

133 lbs
1. Devan Turner (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Senior
2. Paul Bianchi (Little Rock) - 2021 RS Senior
4. Chance Rich (CS Bakersfield) - 2021 RS Sophomore
5. Cole Reyes (Cal Poly) 2021 True Sophomore

141 lbs
1. Real Woods (Stanford) - 2021 RS Sophomore
2. Grant Willits (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Junior
3. Cory Crooks (Arizona State) - 20201 RS SR - He may be replaced by RS Freshman Julian Chlebove
4. Conner Ward (Little Rock) - 2021 RS Sophomore
5. Angelo Martinoni (CS Bakersfield) - 2021 RS Sophomore
6. Jake Ryan (Cal Poly) - 2021 RS Sophomore

149 lbs
2. Requir van der Merwe (Stanford) - 2021 RS Senior - He may be replaced by RS Freshman Jaden Abas.
5. Lane Stigall (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Junior
6. Tyler Brennan (Little Rock) - 2021 True Sophomore

157 lbs
1. Jacori Teemer (Arizona State) - 2021 RS Sophomore
2. Tyler Eischens (Stanford) - 2021 RS Sophomore
4. Brawley Lamer (Cal Poly) - 2021 RS Junior
5. Jose Champagne (Little Rock) - 2021 RS Senior
6. Logan Meek (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Sophomore - However he will likely be replaced by 2021 RS Junior Hunter Willits.

165 lbs
1. Shane Griffith (Stanford) - 2021 RS Sophomore
3. Bernie Truax (Cal Poly) - 2021 RS Sophomore
5. Aaron Olmos (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Junior
6. Will Edgar (Little Rock) - 2021 True Sophomore

174 lbs
1. Anthony Valencia (Arizona State) - 2021 RS Senior
2. Jared Hill (Stanford) - 2021 RS Senior
3. Jackson McKinney (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Sophomore
4. Dylan Miracle (Cal Poly) - 2021 RS Junior
5. Albert Urias (CS Bakersfield) - 2021 RS Sophomore
6. Tristan Tadeo (Little Rock) - 2021 True Sophomore

184 lbs
1. Josh Loomer (CS Bakersfield) - 2021 RS Junior
2. Colt Doyle (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Senior
3. Cade Belshay (Arizona State) - 2021 RS Junior
4. Foster Karmon (Stanford) - 2021 RS Sophomore - He will likely be replaced by RS Junior Judah Duhm (who RS'd in 2020)
5. Matt Muller (Little Rock) - 2021 True Sophomore
6. Trent Tracy (Cal Poly) - 2021 True Sophomore - He may be replaced by RS Senior Matt Wilhelm

197 lbs
1. Kordell Norfleet (Arizona State) - 2021 RS Junior or True Senior?
2. Nathan Traxler (Stanford) - 2021 RS Senior
4. J. J. Dixon (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Sophomore
5. Dylan Johnson (Little Rock) - 2021 RS Senior

285 lbs
3. Jarrod Snyder (CS Bakersfield) - 2021 RS Seniior
4. Sam Aguilar (Cal Poly) - 2021 RS Junior
5. Jamarcus Grant (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Senior

Edited by Bronco
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In other words 8 of the 10 PAC 12 champions this year were underclassmen.  The two who were Seniors in 2020 were Tanner Hall (285 lbs) of Arizona State and Russell Rohlfing (149 lbs) of CS Bakersfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possible ASU's Courtney moves up to 133 while RS Freshman Nick Raimo takes over at 125 ??

They also have RS Freshman Trey Munoz at 174, with Valencia moving up to 184 ??

Also RS Freshman Colton Schultz taking over at HWT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy Payan said:

Possible ASU's Courtney moves up to 133 while RS Freshman Nick Raimo takes over at 125 ??

They also have RS Freshman Trey Munoz at 174, with Valencia moving up to 184 ??

Also RS Freshman Colton Schultz taking over at HWT

I agree Courtney moving up to 133 lbs is a very real possibility.

I don't agree so much on Munoz at 174 lbs and Anthony V moving up to 184.  But it's also a possibility.  The problem with that is Arizona State has nobody at 165 lbs that I know of to date.  Maybe they have a transfer coming in for next season I'm just not aware of but somebody has to compete for them next season at 165 lbs.

And yes Schultz will almost certainly be taking over at 285 next season for ASU but I wasn't listing everyone here.  I was simply listing those who competed at the 2020 PAC 12 tournament who are likely returning next season.   And I mentioned possible/likely replacements for some of those returning starters here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tommy Payan said:

Possible ASU's Courtney moves up to 133 while RS Freshman Nick Raimo takes over at 125 ??

They also have RS Freshman Trey Munoz at 174, with Valencia moving up to 184 ??

Also RS Freshman Colton Schultz taking over at HWT

Would AV be a full-sized 184? He doesn't look that big for 174, but maybe it's just me. Seems like he'd get horsed if he went up a weight though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pamela said:

Would AV be a full-sized 184? He doesn't look that big for 174, but maybe it's just me. Seems like he'd get horsed if he went up a weight though.

Pamela have to agree with you, AV sometimes get ridden like a 10 cent pony ride from elite wrestlers. Just kinda throwing some possibilities out there. Coach Jones will do his best to sort it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AV moving up to 184 lbs next season is a possibility I suppose but frankly I just don't see it happening.  He's been at 165 lbs most of his career at ASU.  He just moved up to 174 lbs very recently.   Plus ASU has Cade Belshay (RS Junior next season) who placed 3rd at this year's PAC 12 tournament as well as Austin Clayton (RS Junior next season) and Zane Coleman (RS Freshman next season) at 184 lbs.  I just don't see the need for him to move up to 184 lbs for his sixth year at ASU.

I could easily see the ASU lineup for 2020-2021 being the following tho:

125 - Brandon Courtney - RS Junior (2020 PAC 12 Champ at 125) OR Nick Raimo - RS Freshman (14-2 as a RS in 2020)

133 - Josiah Kline - RS Junior (2019 ASU Starter at 133) OR Brandon Courtney - RS Junior (2020 PAC 12 Champ at 125)

141 - Julian Chlebove - RS Freshman OR Josiah Kline - RS Junior (2019 ASU Starter at 133)

149 - Cory Crooks - RS Senior (ASU Starter at 141 lbs in 2020) OR Navonte Demison - RS Junior OR Dillon Ulrey - RS Senior

157 - Jacori Teemer - RS Sophomore (2020 PAC 12 Champ at 157 lbs)

165 - Trey Munoz - RS Freshman OR an as yet unmamed transfer addition to ASU for 2021

174 - Anthony Valencia - RS Senior (2020 PAC 12 Champ at 174 lbs)

184 - Cade Belshay - RS Junior (3rd at 2020 PAC 12 tournament at 184 lbs)

197 - Kordell Norfleet - RS Junior or 4th year Senior? (2020 PAC 12 Champ at 197 lbs)

285 - Cohlton Schultz - RS Freshman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bronco said:

2020-2021 PAC 12 RETURNING PLACE WINNERS FROM 2020 PAC 12 TOURNAMENT

125 lbs
1. Brandon Courtney (Arizona State) - 2021 RS Junior
2. Jackson DiSario (Stanford) - 2021 True Sophomore
3. Brandon Kaylor (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Sophomore
4. Alex Hernandez-Figueroa (CS Bakersfield) - 2021 RS Senior - However he may be replaced by 2021 RS Sophomore Eddie Flores (who redshirted in 2020)
5. Jaydn Carson (Little Rock) - 2021 True Sophomore
6. Benny Martinez (Cal Poly) - 2021 True Junior - Will likely be replaced by Antonio Lorenzo - 2021 RS Freshman who went 17-5 while being RS'd

133 lbs
1. Devan Turner (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Senior
2. Paul Bianchi (Little Rock) - 2021 RS Senior
4. Chance Rich (CS Bakersfield) - 2021 RS Sophomore
5. Cole Reyes (Cal Poly) 2021 True Sophomore

141 lbs
1. Real Woods (Stanford) - 2021 RS Sophomore
2. Grant Willits (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Junior
3. Cory Crooks (Arizona State) - 20201 RS SR - He may be replaced by RS Freshman Julian Chlebove
4. Conner Ward (Little Rock) - 2021 RS Sophomore
5. Angelo Martinoni (CS Bakersfield) - 2021 RS Sophomore
6. Jake Ryan (Cal Poly) - 2021 RS Sophomore

149 lbs
2. Requir van der Merwe (Stanford) - 2021 RS Senior - He may be replaced by RS Freshman Jaden Abas.
5. Lane Stigall (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Junior
6. Tyler Brennan (Little Rock) - 2021 True Sophomore

157 lbs
1. Jacori Teemer (Arizona State) - 2021 RS Sophomore
2. Tyler Eischens (Stanford) - 2021 RS Sophomore
4. Brawley Lamer (Cal Poly) - 2021 RS Junior
5. Jose Champagne (Little Rock) - 2021 RS Senior
6. Logan Meek (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Sophomore - However he will likely be replaced by 2021 RS Junior Hunter Willits.

165 lbs
1. Shane Griffith (Stanford) - 2021 RS Sophomore
3. Bernie Truax (Cal Poly) - 2021 RS Sophomore
5. Aaron Olmos (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Junior
6. Will Edgar (Little Rock) - 2021 True Sophomore

174 lbs
1. Anthony Valencia (Arizona State) - 2021 RS Senior
2. Jared Hill (Stanford) - 2021 RS Senior
3. Jackson McKinney (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Sophomore
4. Dylan Miracle (Cal Poly) - 2021 RS Junior
5. Albert Urias (CS Bakersfield) - 2021 RS Sophomore
6. Tristan Tadeo (Little Rock) - 2021 True Sophomore

184 lbs
1. Josh Loomer (CS Bakersfield) - 2021 RS Junior
2. Colt Doyle (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Senior
3. Cade Belshay (Arizona State) - 2021 RS Junior
4. Foster Karmon (Stanford) - 2021 RS Sophomore - He will likely be replaced by RS Junior Judah Duhm (who RS'd in 2020)
5. Matt Muller (Little Rock) - 2021 True Sophomore
6. Trent Tracy (Cal Poly) - 2021 True Sophomore - He may be replaced by RS Senior Matt Wilhelm

197 lbs
1. Kordell Norfleet (Arizona State) - 2021 RS Junior or True Senior?
2. Nathan Traxler (Stanford) - 2021 RS Senior
4. J. J. Dixon (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Sophomore
5. Dylan Johnson (Little Rock) - 2021 RS Senior

285 lbs
3. Jarrod Snyder (CS Bakersfield) - 2021 RS Seniior
4. Sam Aguilar (Cal Poly) - 2021 RS Junior
5. Jamarcus Grant (Oregon State) - 2021 RS Senior

I can only see maybe 2 medalist's.  Maybe 3!  Not looking good for the PAC12 next year as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...