AKHUNTER

Minneapolis things to do?

8 minutes ago, AKHUNTER said:

I am going to be in Minneapolis from Friday thru the tourney.

I have been expecting someone to start a thread on things to do...... hasn't been done.

Help!

I hear hand washing will be the thing to do.

Guess we better get this started.

There are a lot of places in downtown Minneapolis near the stadium.

https://twincities.eater.com/maps/best-restaurants-bars-near-us-bank-stadium-vikings

Hop on the light rail and head on over to the North Loop for a ton of options.

https://twincities.eater.com/platform/amp/maps/where-to-eat-drink-best-restaurants-north-loop-downtown-minneapolis

20 minutes ago, headshuck said:

https://twincities.eater.com/maps/best-restaurants-bars-near-us-bank-stadium-vikings

https://twincities.eater.com/platform/amp/maps/where-to-eat-drink-best-restaurants-north-loop-downtown-minneapolis

Is there beer in Minnysoda or is it true its a 'dry state' well except for that 'thousand lake' thing?  ;)

Grain Belt is a quality cheap beer, highly recommended. 

For vegetarians/vegans, hit up Hard Times Cafe.  Good stuff, good prices and they (or at least to) have OG Trivial Pursuit trivia cards at every table. 

Punk Rock people ABSOLUTELY have to hit up Extreme Noise records. 

Up-Down is a quality beercade.

I'll be spending quite a bit of time at all these locations - hit me up and say hi.  I'll be the ugly guy with the bad haircut...

Edited by Gantry

Just now, Gantry said:

For vegetarians/vegans, hit up Hard Times Cafe.  Good stuff, good prices and they (or at least to) have OG Trivial Pursuit trivia cards

I'll be spending quite a bit of time at all these locations - hit me up and say hi.  I'll be the ugly guy with the bad haircut...

I am all out of reax for the day, but ^LIKE^

26 minutes ago, Gantry said:

For vegetarians/vegans, hit up Hard Times Cafe.  Good stuff, good prices and they (or at least to) have OG Trivial Pursuit trivia cards at every table. 

Last I knew, it was 3.2 beer at bars and restaurants and liquor stores were closed on Sundays.

1 hour ago, RichB said:

Do you mean Fri 13 thru Sunday the 22nd?

A major stop of the World Cup Cross Country Competition is in a city park Saturday thru Tuesday

yes I do........... 13-22.

Thanks...........might be interesting

4 hours ago, Gantry said:

Gantry,

I am going to Extreme Noise and Electric Fetus and doing some shopping. 

I am pissed Shellac is playing this weekend there and not the Saturday of. Nationals... Oh well.

I am also hitting up Paisley Park.

Welcome to Minnesota Wrestling Fans!

There’s a lot to do in the Twin Cities for site seeing, family and bar hoping fun! Here is a list of places you must see if you’re visiting for a short period of time. Most are free to visit-spend as you please locations. 

Within a few miles of US Bank stadium:

+Stone Arch Bridge Park Area and Gutherie Theater (Directly next to each other). The best view of the Mississippi from the stone arch bridge and Gutherie is free of charge. 

+Visit Twin Stadium and Target Center  downtown. Where the Twins and Timberwolves Play.

+Visit downtown 1st Avenue bars and restaurants. Home of The Famous Legend, Prince. “Purple Rain”

+The University of Minnesota Campus is beautiful and entrance to the Weisman Art Museum is free. 

A light rail train ride away:

+Mall of American (and IKEA haha)

+downtown St. Paul, where you can visit MN’s Capitol, North America’s 3rd largest Church, the St. Paul Cathedral, and the Xcel Center where the Wild play.

+On your way to the Mall of America visit Minnehaha Falls Park. Beautiful when the ice and snow are melting and water begins to rush again. The falls will lead you on a nice trial to the Mississippi, with sandstone caves and a touch of nature in the middle of the city. 

All the locations listed above won’t cost you a penny to visit but a ticket on the light rail. You can spend as little or as much as you’d like and still get to see a whole lot in MN. There’s a lot to be said about a metro area with this cool of stuff to offer at no charge.

The capitol is by far one of my favorite places to visit, it’s a few blocks away from the cathedral and you can walk from the light rail to the Mississippi, through downtown and back, and go site seeing for hours. Both MINNEAPOLIS and  St. Paul are very clean and an eye pleasing downtown area. You won’t run into much trouble exploring the Twin Cities. I’ve lived here 12 years and from a larger metro area, people here are very friendly. Weird, but friendly. 

Enjoy your stay and thanks for visiting MN! 

-MN Wrestling Community Member 

13 hours ago, headshuck said:

No mention of Deja Vu?  For lap dances?

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Topless+Bar&find_loc=Minneapolis%2C+MN