AHamilton

RBY: Bad staller or Best staller?

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I wasn't booing, I was stuffing my face with fish tacos.

Then why post about the injustice of the Lee stall call, which you thought should have been on Pletcher... as per your post the other day?

25 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

The whole bender some of you Iowa fans are on about RBY is a diversion away from the fact Desanto keeps losing to him. 

nope... it is more about RBY having none of the "class" that so many wrestling "fans" demand of any wrestler in the wrong color singlet...

11 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I remember a crowd of posters who used to claim Zain Retherford was often stalling. That claim never got them anywhere as Zain, like RBY, was an exciting college wrestler. 

There is no comparison between the way Retherford wrestled and RBY.  You would have to be an anti-Zain fan to think he stalled.   RBY on the other hand, definitely is one of the "best stallers".  That's from a fan of PSU.

57 minutes ago, pennsyrules said:

There is no comparison between the way Retherford wrestled and RBY.  You would have to be an anti-Zain fan to think he stalled.   RBY on the other hand, definitely is one of the "best stallers".  That's from a fan of PSU.

Yet, there were those who claimed Zain stalled. 

How long before they start picking nits with Aaron Brooks and whomever steps up next for PSU? You know they'll someday be claiming they stall too. Gotta be an explanation for how they beat Hawkeyes. Just gotta be. 

13 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Pyles is a diehard Iowa fan. That and Flo has seemingly gone all in trying to woo Iowa fans to their site. Hard to take that show seriously.

Askren is FAR from an Iowa fan, and he was outraged about the amount of stalling by RBY and the lack of calls.  As well as the cheapshot, for which he believes that ADS would have been thrown in jail for if he were on the giving end, rather than receiving.

Edited by AHamilton

RBY doesn't do anything on top. He doesn't work anything. He sits on the ankle and will slowly work the guy out of bounds off standups. Go watch the Lovett match against RBY. He even fleed the mat as soon as Lovett got out. It's hard stall riding. There's instances where the bottom guy isn't working off the bottom and the bottom guy is stalling and instances when the top guy is clearly trying to ride and working nothing from top besides stalling. Obviously, RBY isn't the only guy that does it.  

Edited by Daybreak

49 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Yet, there were those who claimed Zain stalled. 

How long before they start picking nits with Aaron Brooks and whomever steps up next for PSU? You know they'll someday be claiming they stall too. Gotta be an explanation for how they beat Hawkeyes. Just gotta be. 

Just against Collica in the one OSU dual.  No claiming about it, he was stalling.

11 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Then why post about the injustice of the Lee stall call, which you thought should have been on Pletcher... as per your post the other day?

he doesn't gripe about stalling

11 hours ago, AHamilton said:

I post about that call because it was a bad stall call. Staying consistent. 

14 minutes ago, GockeS said:

he doesn't gripe about stalling

My gripe is that too many people are begging for stall calls all the time, and too many refs call too many stall calls and they call them inconsistently. 

I did see a guy stalling this wknd and that was Kolodzik, but on an overall basis this is a subjective call that fans try to pressure officials to make in favor of the wrestlers wearing the laundry they prefer. 

Wrestling matches should be decided by wrestlers, not officials. The only thing that could be worse would be getting lawyers involved. 

Edited by TBar1977

16 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Pyles is a diehard Iowa fan. That and Flo has seemingly gone all in trying to woo Iowa fans to their site. Hard to take that show seriously.

We debated this last summer in the lead up to Yianni/Zain at Final X (and then beyond), and I'm still pretty sure he's a fan of both programs.

As both a PSU, and RBY fan, IMO, his RBY comments weren't unreasonable at all.  RBY was unquestionably stalling for much of the match, and DeSanto obviously would have been crucified for that OOB slam.

And Pyles' ire was directed at the ref more than RBY, as a stall warning would likely have prompted more action.

RBY wrestled very well, and likely would've won regardless.  Moreover, he's trying to win the match, not get back on Sportscenter.  Without a stall warning, he'd be a fool to change his tactics.

Nonetheless, he was stalling egregiously, and the ref should have called him. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

My gripe is that too many people are begging for stall calls all the time, and too many refs call too many stall calls and they call them inconsistently. 

I did see a guy stalling this wknd and that was Kolodzik, but on an overall basis this is a subjective call that fans try to pressure officials to make in favor of the wrestlers wearing the laundry they prefer. 

Wrestling matches should be decided by wrestlers, not officials. The only thing that could be worse would be getting lawyers involved. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

I post about that call because it was a bad stall call. Staying consistent. 

it was bad b/c he was wearing your favorite laundry... the belt, right?