lu1979

Will Iowa's team return with 10 AAs next year?

7 of Iowa's 10 projected starters have already AAd in the past.  If they get AA finishes from M Murin, A Assad, & T Cassioppi this year they will return a team with 10 past All Americans.  Will that be a first?  I can't remember it happening before. 

1 hour ago, lu1979 said:

7 of Iowa's 10 projected starters have already AAd in the past.  If they get AA finishes from M Murin, A Assad, & T Cassioppi this year they will return a team with 10 past All Americans.  Will that be a first?  I can't remember it happening before. 

I think they will, yes.

Their team next year will have some kinks to work out in their lineup.

Brands is going to want to start.

Desanto at 133 still? He said 141 was a possibility this year because he didn't like the cut.

Teasdale at 133 then?

Will Brands start his decent for 157? Has he already?

If, for whatever reasons, that is how it goes, then even though they have 10 returning AA only 8 starters will be.

It is possible, but it hinges upon Kemerer getting a year for medical hardship.  But, if it happens, I fully expect all 10 starters to be returning AA's.

125-Lee-CHECK

133-DeSanto-CHECK

141-Murin/Eierman -will need Murin to AA this year, but will be back next year-POSSIBLE CHECK/CHECK

149-Murin/Eierman-see 141-POSSIBLE CHECK/CHECK

157-Young- There is no way Brands is going 157 or he would have been instead of filling in at 184.-CHECK

165-Marinelli-CHECK

174-Kemerer-LIKELY CHECK

184-Assad-see 141-POSSIBLE CHECK

197-Warner-CHECK

285-Cassioppi-see 141

If I had to guess, I would say they return 9.  I think either Assad or Murin does not AA.  

23 minutes ago, mspart said:

U of MN did it years ago without a National Champion and won the Team championship.  10 AA's, no champs, but Team Title.  I can't remember the year though.

mspart

The question was has any team ever RETURNED with 10 former AA's, which is not the same as what Minny did.

6 hours ago, pamela said:

Any chance that JRent will be back at Iowa? I know it’ll be really tough to come back and make the starting lineup, but Desanto - JRent at 133 and 141 (or vice-versa) might be a stronger option than Teasdale - Desanto.

I don’t think you can do that and also fit Eierman, Murin, and Young into the lineup. I also think it’s a stretch for JRent to come back and score team points in the tournament next season after essentially being away from the sport for 2 years (from what I understand). ESPECIALLY at 133 next year which could potentially be the deepest weight in NCAA and B10 history. Hopefully he does make it back soon though...

6 hours ago, pamela said:

Any chance that JRent will be back at Iowa? I know it’ll be really tough to come back and make the starting lineup, but Desanto - JRent at 133 and 141 (or vice-versa) might be a stronger option than Teasdale - Desanto.

Wake up Pam