Billyhoyle

Dear Wrestling "Journalists"

Please stick to giving your opinions on the topics in which you are experts.  Leave opinions on public health to actual scientists and physicians.  It's one thing for random people on twitter or forums to give their opinions, but some people actually trust your information. It should be obvious who this is directed toward.  Thank You. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

Willie is downright irresponsible and should be ashamed. Anyone who has promoted him or given him legitimate awards for journalism (cough cough,  National Wrestling Media Association) should condemn these foolish and dangerous takes. Embarrassing anyone can listen to this guy at this point.

2 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Please stick to giving your opinions on the topics in which you are experts.  Leave opinions on public health to actual scientists and physicians.  It's one thing for random people on twitter or forums to give their opinions, but some people actually trust your information. It should be obvious who this is directed toward.  Thank You. 

Why the hell would anyone listen to journalists, much less "wrestling journalists" for public health information?  What kind of stupid is that?  Don't turn to journalists or politician for information.  Look up "argument from authority."

The issue is not with the producer of media content:  the problem is with the consumer of said content.

1 minute ago, klehner said:

Why the hell would anyone listen to journalists, much less "wrestling journalists" for public health information?  What kind of stupid is that?  Don't turn to journalists or politician for information.  Look up "argument from authority."

The issue is not with the producer of media content:  the problem is with the consumer of said content.

By what he said, why would anyone bother checking in? He was so sure its nothing but partisan BS.

5 minutes ago, klehner said:

Because most people are scientifically illiterate and if people in authority tell them something they often believe it.  And by authority I don't mean the  physician/scientist who actually knows what he's talking about-I mean the person whose podcast an average person listens to every day or the news broadcaster the average person watches on TV (neither of whom are qualified to understand virus spreads).  

37 minutes ago, pawrestler said:

Willie is downright irresponsible and should be ashamed. Anyone who has promoted him or given him legitimate awards for journalism (cough cough,  National Wrestling Media Association) should condemn these foolish and dangerous takes. Embarrassing anyone can listen to this guy at this point.

Yeah, but Willie is really smart. Just ask him.

Willie is, and has always been, an idiot. The logical fallacies he's using to boost his argument are laughable. Any institution, high school or beyond, who gave him a degree should be embarrassed. The lack of critical thinking is astonishing. I hope he reads this and responds so I can get a good laugh. 

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

Yeah, but Willie is really smart. Just ask him.

Not defending Willie here, I have no idea what he even says on this subject, but generally speaking are you smart? Just asking. For a friend, of course. :-)

Edited by TBar1977

14 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I don't recall you previously saying one way or the other. Thx for your answer. 

Well then I dont even know how the question is relevent. Could you explain it to me? I never claimed to be the greatest mind in anything where Willie does. 

I answered your question so if you could tell me why your question is relevent or why you asked, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Edited by russelscout

10 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Well then I dont even know how the question is relevent. Could you explain it to me? I never claimed to be the greatest mind in anything where Willie does. 

I answered your question so if you could tell me why your question is relevent or why you asked, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

You can't figure out why I asked? 

"Willuie is really smart. Just ask him"

"Are you smart? Just asking."

Just now, TBar1977 said:

You can't figure out why I asked? 

"Willuie is really smart. Just ask him"

"Are you smart? Just asking."

When discussing RBY, I didn't ask you whether you did or did not stall as a wrestler because it is irrelevant. It's the same thing here. 

There is a subtle accusation being made when you put someone on the spot like that. You know that. So why do it?

2 hours ago, russelscout said:

I am genuinely curious why Pyles thinks the Democrats would do this to the country. Please weigh in Christian.

Just parroting what others are saying at this point.  I have heard these same conspiracy theories since this started.  Maybe they can have Alex Jones weigh in as a guest caller!  

20 minutes ago, russelscout said:

When discussing RBY, I didn't ask you whether you did or did not stall as a wrestler because it is irrelevant. It's the same thing here. 

There is a subtle accusation being made when you put someone on the spot like that. You know that. So why do it?

You did it to Willie and you ask why someone, jokingly I might add - something you were too obtuse to even notice, would jokingly do it to you? 

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

You did it to Willie and you ask why someone, jokingly I might add - something you were too obtuse to even notice, would jokingly do it to you? 

Its hard to tell tone Tbar. You're right though, and I should have given you the benefit of the doubt so I am sorry.

Edited by russelscout

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Not defending Willie here, I have no idea what he even says on this subject, but generally speaking are you smart? Just asking. For a friend, of course. :-)

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Its hard to tell tone Tbar. You're right though, and I should have given you the benefit of the doubt.

Hard to tell my tone? Seriously? I am officially verklempt!

12 minutes ago, ironmonkey said:

Just parroting what others are saying at this point.  I have heard these same conspiracy theories since this started.  Maybe they can have Alex Jones weigh in as a guest caller!  

Jeez, I thought Pyles was the rational one. Gonna be hard to listen to him anymore. Nincompoop! 

5 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Why are protecting idiot consumers from themselves?  Who are we China?