8 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Why is that bad?  Marinelli owns him and Wick is hurt.   Should be a bonus point scenario for AM.  Substantial chance WIck doesn't even make it to that point due to injury

He was sick not hurt.

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Why is that bad?  Marinelli owns him and Wick is hurt.   Should be a bonus point scenario for AM.  Substantial chance WIck doesn't even make it to that point due to injury

I will lmao when Wick cradles Marinello and racks up a few extra points. 

Edited by potentiallydangerous

Just now, Coachp said:

If Iowa wins the title with no one there, did it really even happen, and does it count?

I was actually in the middle of typing a variation of this. Well done.

Are you kidding me with the 149 bracket??? Did Tom Brands make that bracket? The bottom half is a complete meat grinder. Lugo has the easiest path to the finals of any 1 seed this season. 

2 minutes ago, MDogg said:

Are you kidding me with the 149 bracket??? Did Tom Brands make that bracket? The bottom half is a complete meat grinder. Lugo has the easiest path to the finals of any 1 seed this season. 

Lugo has Parriott second round and Degan in the quarters. He could possibly lose both of those. His match with Degan at the dual was crazy

7 minutes ago, MDogg said:

This can only mean that Mauller has the easiest path to the finals of any 4 seed this season.  I like it.

17 minutes ago, Datsik said:

Lugo has Parriott second round and Degan in the quarters. He could possibly lose both of those. His match with Degan at the dual was crazy

I didn’t mean to say he was a lock to make the finals, mainly because I think he’s as vulnerable as any #1 seed this year. I was just referring to how much harder the bottom half was compared to the top half.

Remember that when they seed wrestlers it's not a bunch of old men sitting around bartering to get their guy moved up. The seeding criteria is the same as the criteria used in determining the at-large bids. They are as follows:

Head to Head - 25%

Quality Wins - 20% 

Coaches Rank - 15%         

Conference Tourney Placement - 10%

Results vs Common Opponents - 10%

Win % - 10% & RPI - 10%

Now then, add them up and whoever has the most is the number one seed. That's why I would have been stunned if it wasn't Marinelli and Vincenzo as the top two seeds at 165. Tucker is where he belongs, so is Wick, Lugo didnt get a bye to the finals, my kids coming home for two to three weeks & all's right with the world. Cant wait spectators or not!

Edited by ConnorsDad

53 minutes ago, Datsik said:

Parriott is not a threat....Degan however was the first guy I thought could beat him on his side. It's a bad matchup - a foot difference in height. 

#10 285 from Harvard won't be competing, so everyone moves up a seed and an alternate comes in?  And #24 Sullivan from Army finished the EIWAs on crutches.  Hope they
have two alternates!

7 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Marinelli has a tougher draw this year than last year?

No no, I am not suggesting that at all, last year was by far the toughest draw I can remember any wrestler receiving, I am just saying the last two years I thought he was the top guy and both years he dropped matches.  To be clear I don’t think that will happen this year, BUT, to say not to worry about it like he’s a lock, no I don’t buy that

Remember that when they seed wrestlers it's not a bunch of old men sitting around bartering to get their guy moved up. The seeding criteria is the same as the criteria used in determining the at-large bids. They are as follows:

Head to Head - 25%

Quality Wins - 20% 

Coaches Rank - 15%         

Conference Tourney Placement - 10%

Results vs Common Opponents - 10%

Win % - 10% & RPI - 10%

Now then, add them up and whoever has the most is the number one seed. That's why I would have been stunned if it wasn't Marinelli and Vincenzo as the top two seeds at 165. Tucker is where he belongs, so is Wick, Lugo didnt get a bye to the finals, my kids coming home for two to three weeks & all's right with the world. Cant wait spectators or not!

This is not entirely true. Once the formula ranks them, there are arguments between wrestlers if they're close enough on the point system.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just now, Schuteandscore said:

No no, I am not suggesting that at all, last year was by far the toughest draw I can remember any wrestler receiving, I am just saying the last two years I thought he was the top guy and both years he dropped matches.  To be clear I don’t think that will happen this year, BUT, to say not to worry about it like he’s a lock, no I don’t buy that

Got it.  Cheers...

22 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

This is not entirely true. Once the formula ranks them, there are arguments between wrestlers if they're close enough on the point system.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Vak, I am not arguing but I have searched the info on the NCAA site, link provided, and there is no mention of it. http://www.ncaa.org/championships/division-i-wrestling