Jump to content
TBar1977

Now that the WHO has officially declared a Pandemic, Should NCAA Cancel Championships?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TheOhioState said:

From an MD immunologist:

Marc Serota, MD

I call bull**** on this entire post.  The referenced MD is a dermatologist.  I'm guessing his name was pulled out at random and attached to this post that contains more disinformation than actual facts, and said MD has nothing to do with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, klehner said:

I call bull**** on this entire post.  The referenced MD is a dermatologist.  I'm guessing his name was pulled out at random and attached to this post that contains more disinformation than actual facts, and said MD has nothing to do with this.

Ok.  As long as you believe that along with Bush planning 9/11, I see no reason to disagree with you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, klehner said:

Ivy League cancels all spring sports and practices.

"Individual institutions will decide whether or not winter teams and student-athletes who have qualified for postseason play will participate."

harvard has already bailed out. hoping cornell doesn't follow suit. not while 8 guys qualified here and the hockey teams are both #1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Force118 said:

A. When you google his name his speciality is Dermatology. That’s why I said that. Yes, he is board certified immunology and pediatrics but so is every allergy doctor. I don’t pretend my allergist is a specialist in Ebola or any serious infectious disease and would be pissed if he passed himself off as such. If a doctor doesn’t see something regularly regardless of their initial education they are not specialists and the little amount of continuing education they get does not fill that void.

That’s why we have specialists in knee’s and hips who wouldn’t have the first clue about shoulders even though they are all orthopaedic surgeons. 

There were a lot of doctors and scientists  in Italy who confounded the problem by seeking publicity and we are seeing that here. I am under the assumption he is looking for notoriety not because he is being altruistic.  Obviously I could be wrong but I’m just explaining my reasoning here. As always everyone is welcome to form their own opinion. I choose to defer to WHO.

Yes, he is a dermatologist, an allergist, an immunologist and a pediatrician.  Infectious and communicable diseases are a huge part of pediatrics and dermatology (lots of overlap), and he almost certainly sees plenty of cases on a regular basis.  

[And as an aside, orthopedic surgeons who specialize in knees and hips certainly have far more than a "first clue" about shoulders]

But regardless of his specific credentials, what he is posting is clear, straightforward facts on the situation, and does a good job of putting things into perspective.  

You don't even NEED to be a specialist to discuss COVID-19.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

I count my lucky stars every day that my son wrestles for Teague Moore. I think he is a excellent coach and an even better person. With the big money gift from former wrestler Alan Meltzer and another donor totalling 8M for a new center for athletic performance which is where wrestling will be, the facilities are getting a major upgrade and they are fully funded.

That's great. The current room is about on high school level. Went to the wrestle offs last year and enjoyed it and talked to a few of the kids and one of the assistants. Seem like a good group.

Edited by Major Kong
add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

Yes, he is a dermatologist, an allergist, an immunologist and a pediatrician.  Infectious and communicable diseases are a huge part of pediatrics and dermatology (lots of overlap), and he almost certainly sees plenty of cases on a regular basis.  

[And as an aside, orthopedic surgeons who specialize in knees and hips certainly have far more than a "first clue" about shoulders]

But regardless of his specific credentials, what he is posting is clear, straightforward facts on the situation, and does a good job of putting things into perspective.  

You don't even NEED to be a specialist to discuss COVID-19.  

Fair enough. It would be equally ridiculous if a small town attorney who primarily does divorces tried to pass themselves off as an expert in a capital case. It’s a problem in every field and it’s extremely dishonest.

Edited by Force118

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, russelscout said:

Its one of my favorite books. The climax of the third act was disappointing, but I still love that book. The 1st 1/3 of the book is some of the best writing Ive read. King doesn't get enough respect.

Now that many of his early critics are dead or retired, that's finally changing.

Many current reviewers grew up as fans, and remain so.

His most recent novel, "The Institute", was critically acclaimed by the NYT, LA Times, Washnigton Post and many others.  I finished it yesterday, and thought it was fantastic.

Not as epic as It or The Stand (I used to tell stories from both at wrestling camps as a kid), but nonetheless excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whaletail said:

Now that many of his early critics are dead or retired, that's finally changing.

Many current reviewers grew up as fans, and remain so.

His most recent novel, "The Institute", was critically acclaimed by the NYT, LA Times, Washnigton Post and many others.  I finished it yesterday, and thought it was fantastic.

Not as epic as It or The Stand (I used to tell stories from both at wrestling camps as a kid), but nonetheless excellent.

I have some of his short stories on my shelf I want to get to. Haven't read any newer books. Its good to hear he is still putting out good stuff. I will have to get to them eventually now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

I REALLY like  "good vs. evil", "post apocalyptic" and "God vs. The Devil" stories.  The Stand centers itself on all 3.   It is a massive book and that earlier version of King was well known for spending a lot of time describing things that didn't necessarily need to be, but the story itself, IMHO, is second to none!

Ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...