Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

Since another hour or so has passed....

Just now, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Isn't a quarantine effectively stalling against the virus?  Just wish we could see a consistent approach from our officials...

I think quarantine would fall more under fleeing/avoiding wrestling. The bastards who are washing their hands 30 times a day for thirty seconds each; keeping their hands off their face, etc etc, are the ones stalling. 

Just now, Lurker said:

I think quarantine would fall more under fleeing/avoiding wrestling. The bastards who are washing their hands 30 times a day for thirty seconds each; keeping their hands off their face, etc etc, are the ones stalling. 

And if I'm in quarantine with my butt planted in the center of the mat, mask on, both hands behind my back? Is taking away the virus' best attack a valid strategy?  

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I like this analogy. Does this mean that the victims currently actively struggling against the virus are the only ones truly wrestling?

5 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

And if I'm in quarantine with my butt planted in the center of the mat, mask on, both hands behind my back? Is taking away the virus' best attack a valid strategy?  

Depends on who you ask and where they're from. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

I like this analogy. Does this mean that the victims currently actively struggling against the virus are the only ones truly wrestling?

No, it just means they weren’t properly prepared, or they were and just got a bad draw. Either way I think most of them will bounce back in the consolations/repechage. 

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

If your opponent lays a hard cross face on you and knocks off your mask, is that an equipment violation? 

No. A new section of injury time has been instituted, that shall be separate from regular injury time. In this case, an athletic trainer or health care provider will examine the affected area, and make a judgement as to whether or not the match should continue. 

2 minutes ago, Doc_Hfuhruhurr said:

Stalling causes yawning, which is also contagious.

Which is why such a concern is being had with these large gatherings. You yourself may not be showing any symptoms of stalling, but you’re yawning could be passed on to others in your vicinity. 

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Which is why such a concern is being had with these large gatherings. You yourself may not be showing any symptoms of stalling, but you’re yawning could be passed on to others in your vicinity. 

If the guy next to you nods off ..... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

34 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The bastards who are washing their hands 30 times a day for thirty seconds each; keeping their hands off their face, etc etc, are the ones stalling. 

washing hands for 30 seconds = stopping to tie shoes in the middle of the match?

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

No. A new section of injury time has been instituted, that shall be separate from regular injury time. In this case, an athletic trainer or health care provider will examine the affected area, and make a judgement as to whether or not the match should continue. 

Infection protocol?

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Oh great, then we’ll have wrestlers taking virus timeouts just to catch their breath

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

Absolutely agree.  I'm getting all of the push out points I can against the virus.  I am licking every doorknob I encounter before going through the door.